Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Scorcheddd

The Style Thread

Add a scarf, a camera around the neck, a loose beanie, a [cabbage] ton of hemp bracelets, and a couple of face earrings (face rings?).

Then you'll be hip as heck. :thumbup:

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

hipster.jpg

>hipster.jpg

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Can we stop deriding hipsters once and for all, please? It's like mumbling to yourself about masonic handshakes.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

That isn't really that hipstery of an outfit.

Was gonna say, a flannel shirt and slim jeans is pretty standard.

I've never really understood all the hipster hate. Maybe that's because I'm a hipster myself. :P (Apparently. I always thought I would be labelled 'alternative'.)

Cool.

I just think it's a little stupid to automatically assume someone who wears Wayfarers, flannel shirts, and beanies is necessarily an annoying cynical know-it-all who will want to criticize Nietzsche at the first given opportunity. That's the bad part about the "hipster" archetype. He's an [wagon]. That's why you hate him, not because of his beanie. The beanie didn't do you any harm.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Don't get me wrong, I like the beanie look (though, not the way the above dude is sporting it).

But a scarf in the summer?

I guess instead of beanie, a Fedora would've been a better piece of clothing.

I know a ton of 'hipsters' who are relatively nice. I just don't like them because they're trying to fulfill this general archetype. It isn't their style and they're forcing it. Unfortunately, most of the hipsters I know force it, so I make fun of them. Sorry if I sounded like an ass.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

What do you mean, it's not their style? They're wearing something they like; what else should there be to it?

And yeah, a scarf in the summer. Why not? You don't sound like an ass; you sound insecure.

[Edit] That was a little harsh, but I was in a hurry.

Eh, I guess I just know that they're trying to be hip because that's the thing to do now. :\

I wouldn't call myself insecure, because I'm fine with the way I dress. It's just annoying to see some friends trying to be as hip as they can to get in with another group of hipsters.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I actually picked out the stuff in that outfit because I personally like it. I'm not a hipster by any means. I drive a damn jacked up 4x4 Chevy truck, I wear a camo hat and faded jeans just about all the time. I just happen to like that style of clothes, and I wanted a change from my normal apparel since I have to get glasses.

EDIT: I didn't know it was Hip stuff? No where did I mention a beanie, or anything other than what I posted. and the jeans didnt even fit, I took them back. also, I got wayfarer glasses because I needed glasses, I have wayfarer sunglasses, and the lenses are big enough for me to see everything. And my girlfriend thinks its sexy. So I have a win win goin on here. :thumbsup:

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Eh, I guess I just know that they're trying to be hip because that's the thing to do now. :\

I wouldn't call myself insecure, because I'm fine with the way I dress. It's just annoying to see some friends trying to be as hip as they can to get in with another group of hipsters.

>complains about hipsters

>longboard signature

floorgazer.png

@Omar, Did you manage to find that site with the cheaper prices for Vans shoes?

Popoto.~<3

Loving my APCS, the fit is A+

I don't even wear my Skinny Guys anymore, was really disappointed with the lower black, especially after I got them hemmed. Might cut them and make some shorts out of them or something.

@Omar, Did you manage to find that site with the cheaper prices for Vans shoes?

Yes, I posted it somewhere in this thread. buyskateshoes.com

That's cool, looshbob. Do you know what the leg opening was on the SkinnyGuys before you hemmed them?

>complains about hipsters

>longboard signature

For your information, if you see longboarding as a hipster activity, longboarding as a hipster and the way I longboard are completely different things.

I don't think doing stuff like this is defining of a hipster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLFZcONQAs

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Wow, look at those guys wearing helmets. Soo hipster.

You must be joking. :-|

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Tell them to pull their pants up. This isn't the late 90's / early 00's anymore...

Popoto.~<3

What are you talking about? A [cabbage] ton of people still dress like that. And that's totally not the point of that video being posted here.

Plus, the video is from 2007.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

No one ITT is a hipster. Can we be done now?

Kirkland%20Signature%20White%20T%20Shirt%20New%206%20Pack%20copy.jpg

So simple, yet classy. :thumbup:

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Never as good as a white button-front shirt.