How did you get your Primal/Promethium

bedman

Right now I have a gorgonite rapier. I tried to pick up every coin drop from monsers so I could buy promethium ore from the smuggler but I never got enough to buy more than one ore and I was too lazy to start gathering small stuff and sell it in order to get more money. I was hoping that I would meet some promethium rock to mine (is there any, and can I mine it with 86 mining?) but no luck so far.

Also, what should I get if I get lucky enough to get some, a spear or a rapier?

The rocks are common deeper in the tunnels, and you can probably make a pot and mine it. Tbh mauls suck, make a spear. I got 4 primal mauls as random boss drops, so they're not rare at all.

You can get them as drops from the bosses (had hatchets, boots and pickaxe) or as drops from the highest level warriors in the dungeon (I think they may drop what they are wearing sometimes). Otherwise play dungeons with a partner who is 90+ (preferably 99) mining because the amount of prm rocks in the caverns increases massively. I played with a 99 miner yesterday and was getting a prom rock on average about once every two rooms on lower dungeons, alot more than i normally see soloing

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

You'll want more than a duo if you want anything Promethium over 2 bars. I duoed with a friend and we had to alch like EVERYTHING (took like an hour lol) to get the 408k to make a spear. If you just want a promethium rapier then you can get 204k for that easily.

Alching things rather then selling them is best. Also i hear that Blue Charms alch for 10k while in the dungeons.

I also got my Promethium Dagger from the Luminescent Icefiend. Also got Promethium Boots from the Behemoth.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

As someone asked earlier, any ideas what drops primal spear? I'd like to replace my primal maul ASAP. Though honestly it's much better than promethium spear so I'll keep it until I get the spear.

I assume it has to do with your levels.

I'm 99 mining, 99 smithing - have only played solo games, and am a measely level-10 dungeoneering.

I get multiple gorgonite and promethium rocks to mine EVERY dungeon I play so I make the best stuff I can each time.

You need to team with a high miner/smither, play max difficulty, and have them make you a promethium spear. In my experience, they're not rare at all since I make 'em myself.

:)

2bcacd2197.png

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people."

-George W. Bush

It's been confirmed that the spear is the best, most flexible weapon while dungeoneering.

What i did to get my promo spear what duo'ing on a med dungeon with someone from the hyt chat. He agreed to make a spear for me, i just needed to collect all of the items.

I collected every coin drop, and resource and just barely had enough to get 4 promo ores.

Personally, i don't think it's possible to get the required 410k for 4 promo ores on a small dungeon. You'll have to come across a promo rock and get at least 2 ores from it, and collect every resource to come up with the the money for the other 2 from the smuggler. And yes, you can mine promo. You just have to boost your stats with a gatherer's potion(And i think you'll have to boost your smithing too to make a spear).

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

It's been confirmed that the spear is the best, most flexible weapon while dungeoneering.

What i did to get my promo spear what duo'ing on a med dungeon with someone from the hyt chat. He agreed to make a spear for me, i just needed to collect all of the items.

I collected every coin drop, and resource and just barely had enough to get 4 promo ores.

Personally, i don't think it's possible to get the required 410k for 4 promo ores on a small dungeon. You'll have to come across a promo rock and get at least 2 ores from it, and collect every resource to come up with the the money for the other 2 from the smuggler. And yes, you can mine promo. You just have to boost your stats with a gatherer's potion(And i think you'll have to boost your smithing too to make a spear).

Been playing with 2 friends who are maxed out from the start: consequently had 200k+ each round, and we all 3 had either full promo (or in my case full gorg) - on small maps. Really the amount of resources depend on the average mining/smith/etc level from the people your dungeoneering with!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• 5 months later...

As someone asked earlier, any ideas what drops primal spear? I'd like to replace my primal maul ASAP. Though honestly it's much better than promethium spear so I'll keep it until I get the spear.

According to tip.it's item database there is no such thing as a primal spear.

Primal stuff

According to tip.it's item database there is no such thing as a primal spear.

Primal stuff

I think, 6 months later, it has become common knowledge that it does not yet exist.

How do you people keep finding these ridiculously old topics?

Make a gatherer's and an artisan's potion (you can pot to mining prom or, and pot to making 2hs), make alchs from start, and pick up everything; armour, weapons, charms, logs (make into longbows and alch) etc. etc. It's pretty easy to collect 500-600k if you collect everything.

Edit: sad

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Gonna have to wait for warped floors if you want a primal spear. Personally with the overemphasized combat triangle in daemonheim, the spear is the best due its 3 attack styles. I got mine of a prommy warrior doing a 4 man dungeon.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Gonna have to wait for warped floors if you want a primal spear. Personally with the overemphasized combat triangle in daemonheim, the spear is the best due its 3 attack styles. I got mine of a prommy warrior doing a 4 man dungeon.

Why don't people look at the dates of when something was posted?

In any case, primal spear, after the ring customization update, will be rubbish. You are much better with a selection of primal 2h/baxe/rapier/longsword.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.