Tip.it Times 18 April 2010

Mirror

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys and gals really need to stop referring to the Did You Knows as DYKs. You're cracking me up.

Twenty years old and you'd never know it. :rolleyes:

DYKs wheeeee~ (Oh and I think I know what you mean...)

OT: I happily received the feedback people have left on my article - good or bad. As this was my first article, you'll have to excuse me. I'll implement your feedback into my writing more often. Thank You again.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

With regards to dungeoneering, I could care less about it. I made it through to level 2 and quit. It makes no sense to me. Eh, chalk it up to me being too old to try and figure out how this skill really works. I'll stick with slayer...easy for me to figure out...lol

meta_mucil.png

SHHH, I am concentrating.....oh look, a paperclip!

Where was I again?

I love how the majority of Dungeoneering haters don't even know how to properly construct a sentence. Definitely not a coincidence.

The problem with Dungeoneering is that it has limited application in that you can only use it in one place: Daemonheim. Whereas with Slayer, a skill that allows you to defeat monsters scattered throughout Runescape, Dungeoneering levels are only applicable to what bosses you can fight in the dungeon, the complexity of the dungeon, etc.

Furthermore, not only are the rewards untradable, but they also degrade and are difficult to replace if lost in combat. Granted, there are some useful rewards like the bonecrusher, but what if you were to lag and lose valuable item? You guessed it: hours more of dungeon grinding.

Another problem is that the dungeons are more or less the same, making it monotonous to re-complete dungeons over and over again. The puzzles do switch and the bosses do alternate, but what you're really looking at is a series of rooms comparable to a sort of skill-oriented barrows: monsters to kill in each room and puzzles to solve, but with an added skiller bonus. However, the EXP rates are reduced from the norm, yielding no worthwhile experience in any skill except for Dungeoneering itself.

I admit that the idea of a 'Minigame Level' is somewhat interesting, but Dungeoneering needs tangible rewards. Once you have acquired the 104m or so EXP for level 120 (or 10.4m tokens), what are you going to buy? A second bonecrusher? While games like Barbarian Assault and Soul Wars have an option to cash your points for a random item, and Soul Wars and Pest Control let you trade your points for EXP, Dungeoneering does nothing of the sort. (Unless, of course, you wish to acquire more useless Dungeoneering EXP, which will surely come in handy while in GWD, cutting magics, mining ores, PKing, thieving, potion making, or even allowing you to restore your run energy more quickly!)

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

With a team, dungeoneering is wonderful fun. I do have 1 problem with it.

Not being a grinder, I rely on skill boosters for a lot of xp. I also can't store all my stuff in the bank (lack of space), so I can't convieniently train dungeoneering.

How many weeks of tears of guthix will this get in the way of???????????????????????????????/

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").