Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

POLL: What are your thoughts on the current Dungeoneering Rewards?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

That's a pretty bad assumption. Berserker shields and battle robes are decent for the cheap token recharge cost. It's all a matter of whether the recharge cost is worth it, much like barrows.

This is looking at a F2P perspective, so that's why I would say that.

Combat/Druid Robes: Runecrafter robes have nearly the same stats but do not degrade.
Berserker: This is probably the exception, as it still has an offensive bonus even after it becomes 0 form.
Gravite weapons: Recharge cost, for obvious reasons. Oh and you can't use it after it degrades.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

waheera1
[ Display Name History ]

waheera1

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 161 posts
This poll is flawed - if you look at the rewards themselves, they all show a degree of promise. The general concensus seems to be that the prices need adjusting, but this does not fit any of the poll options. Option 2 is the one suggested for those who view the rewards as I do, but it rather implies that the rewards need changing rather than the reward prices. In order to achieve anything the poll needs to have an option relating to the pricing specifically, so as to avoid any confusion over what the mystical 'changes' might constitute.

drixoman
[ Display Name History ]

drixoman

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:drixomanbeta
I totally gave up on this "skill", took me a whole day and still haven't got past lvl 6 (i'm soloing fyi; finding this thing very difficult to learn and do :((((( )

The reward is good. Maybe I'll get back to it after they decrease the price exponentially. In the mean time, I have my sight on Gem bag (yes free up three bank spaces), coal bag, frost book, and longbow sight. Degarding stuff just don't appeal to me AT ALL... That being said, where's the bank space increase???

This poll should be postponed...the correct one should be about how you like this new "skill" or something like that....

(y'all should save up token for multiple coal bag...that thing might just change the whole mining/smithing economy...HINT HINT)

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I feel that the rewards need some serious changes.

- By that i mean a lower cost (or more tokens, or a higher lvl)

- More rewards( dungeoneering uses every skill but only offers combat rewards?)

- Better integrated with the rest of runescape (make this kinda like agility where you get passive rewards for your levels, IE: shortcuts or hit higher on monsters in dungeons or something)

Racer434
[ Display Name History ]

Racer434

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • RSN:Hegiran
  • RSN2:sirfights5

- Better integrated with the rest of runescape (make this kinda like agility where you get passive rewards for your levels, IE: shortcuts or hit higher on monsters in dungeons or something)

Well the gem bag and coal bag seem to be skill based rewards.

also on another note the tome of frost will change f2p mage pure training forever in terms of being able to only need body runes for curse training.

Staff of earth + tome = awesome :P
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Slayer_Jesse
[ Display Name History ]

Slayer_Jesse

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  • RSN:Slayer Jesse

There should be an option for "I like the rewards, but some of the costs need serious reconsideration," which is how I feel about them, with the exception of disliking the chaotic crossbow and staff entirely.

EDIT: My mistake, I suppose it fits into the the second option.

QFT. besides listed items, everything looks amazing, and i wish that i could buy them all without detracting from my goal of chaotic longsword.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Siggy credits

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Rainy
Il tell you when im 20 years older and have enough for my first reward. :P

In all seriousness, picked the "Need some changes" one because having an item at level 21, but in reality needing like level 70 in tokens for it doesnt make any sence at all.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

also on another note the tome of frost will change f2p mage pure training forever in terms of being able to only need body runes for curse training.

Well the real question is, is the gem bag/coal bag worth the time spent to get the points?

And for f2p there are some seriously good rewrds but i still think this skill needs more passive rewards to help integrate it with the rest of the game

drixoman
[ Display Name History ]

drixoman

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • RSN:drixomanbeta

Well the real question is, is the gem bag/coal bag worth the time spent to get the points?

And for f2p there are some seriously good rewrds but i still think this skill needs more passive rewards to help integrate it with the rest of the game

I think the Coal bag is definitely worth it...you can almost smelt a full pack each run for any types of bar and with each one increase the amount of coal you can mine at one time...

oh and air staff+tome of frost = only need to worry about combat runes...:) you can cast water spell for as how many combat rune you have.

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer
[ Display Name History ]

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RSN:Kata Phract

I think the Coal bag is definitely worth it...you can almost smelt a full pack each run for any types of bar and with each one increase the amount of coal you can mine at one time...

oh and air staff+tome of frost = only need to worry about combat runes...:) you can cast water spell for as how many combat rune you have.

tome of frost + achient staff would be total ownage, your only loseing about 5 to 20 magic acuracy vs other shield mage items. removeing water runes from ice barrage but keeping the +10% mage damage :ohnoes:

the arcane ammys are also ownage, giveing extra damage, not only to members but to f2p as well!
boosting f2p mage by 2 mage accuracy and a 10% damage boost, and boosting member mage by +4 to -1 mage accuracy and +15% damage boost.
tome of frost + arcane stream + achient staff, :shock:

the chaotic shields are a nice bunch of items. each doing there best to renforce the combat triangle (although i have to say the attack penaltys are too good, someone just with a whip can still just put on a eagle eye kite and take up 20% mage damage with only -5 to slash :thumbdown: )

as for the other rewards i feal thay are of less use,
awto burying bones would be epic... if you where a low level f2p killing hill gients and not someone high enough level to be able to use the bone grinder (well i guess at level 21 and after a fix this might change). the bone grinder could be usefull for higher levels but if your killing green dragons say would you burry the bones or guilded alter/sell them insted?
oh btw, bone grinder is member so there goes most of its use.

gem bag would be usefull for saveing some bank space, or inventory space if killing gem dropers. but not much more.

with the coal bag things start to pick up again, as long as your not buying the coal from the GE i can see this becomeing very usefull, and even if you buy your coal it could be a bit helpfull for the blast furnice.

ant anti poison toten is allright (what armour slot does go in to? i cant find out) although i think it should hold anti doses insted of makeing you imune.

all the gravite items are good although i cant say so much for the chaotic weapons.

yea, good but needs some fixes.
Posted Image
I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Kalafai
[ Display Name History ]

Kalafai

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • RSN:Time Kitten
  • RSN2:Kalafai
What a terror it would be to finnally get your chaotic item, then find out it's just added as a pemabound item to your kit in dungeoneering.

zhong881209
[ Display Name History ]

zhong881209

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • RSN:zhong881209
after the costs reduced, there is now more like it, however tome of frost is quite exp, but there is a price for "unlimited" water runes that can wield at shield slot

as a same fellow F2P, i totally agree with what sonic say..
this update didnt mention about recharge cost, but it should be reduced as well, until then degrade equipement is not worth it.

obidiah
[ Display Name History ]

obidiah

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 109 posts
Dungeoneering rewards have been adjusted by Jagex midway through this poll running.

I'd probably now give a more positive response than I did when I filled in the poll, I suspect I'm not the only one.

Not really anybodys fault, but with some people filling in the poll before the change and some after - we're going to get some strange halfway house opinion between before and after as the final poll result.

zhong881209
[ Display Name History ]

zhong881209

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • RSN:zhong881209
yup, can probably reset the poll? and add in "after the changes"

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy
I support the items now. :thumbup:
The change I was looking for is now fixed.

Kalafai
[ Display Name History ]

Kalafai

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • RSN:Time Kitten
  • RSN2:Kalafai
I'm level 30... and still less than 1/15th the way to bonecrusher.

langer
[ Display Name History ]

langer

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,144 posts
  • RSN:Langerkiller
Yep that bonecrusher is still either overpriced or underskilled...

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills
Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602
Latest top 15 update : page 602
6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Abc1230
[ Display Name History ]

Abc1230

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,416 posts
The only reward I am really interested in is teh bonecrusher :/ If it works as advertised, I'm happy :thumbup:

Gandorf61
[ Display Name History ]

Gandorf61

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,669 posts
  • RSN:Gandorf61
I haven't tried out any of the rewards yet but they do look promising. I'm also happy the prices have been adjusted now. :)

Echocut
[ Display Name History ]

Echocut

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • RSN:Echocut
  • Clan:SoDB
In response to the recent fix- Better. Now the rewards don't seem too distant from their requirement levels.

But, why has the bonecrusher increased to 34k? O_o

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users