Why does Jagex get new skills so wrong?

Slayer_Jesse

I think every single skill in the game is great apart from dung'ing but i do think it was needed, something like this that ties everything together and gives you an incentive to train other skills.

We call that Stealing Creation. (Admittedly only up to lvl 80, but there's nothing stopping Jagex from adding level 6 clay at 99 for example.)

Interesting that whilst Jagex has altered the token cost of rewards from this mini-skill, they still don't match up! At level 25 I can use the scroll of life, yet won't have the 10k tokens to do so until lvl 50 at least... Fail much?

I agree with the tokens but at the end of the day, if you really want that you will save for it, I don't mind doing the stat as its fun tbh and it also helps you level up all your other stats.

Best I have seen was my wife completing her slayer task of zombies lol.. I am yet to find a blue dragon "I am in floor 22 or 23" anyone that is higher then this could you let me know if there is one?

Thanks

CJ

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dungeoneering is FAR from a failure. In fact, it's the most unique skill out there, more so than Runecrafting (I'm F2P so don't flame, kthx). That, plus the fact it is really fun, made me love the skill, and now set a long term goal for me to reach level 100 in the skill (maxing, then binding 3 items).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

How can you dislike hunter !? :P

hunter was a great skill added to the list, this is what the next release should be like.

i find it really annoying, plus not much that id like to grind for. also, id like to see some bow hunting/sneaking up on critters and going stabbety-stab, but that's just me.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Dungeoneering is FAR from a failure. In fact, it's the most unique skill out there, more so than Runecrafting (I'm F2P so don't flame, kthx). That, plus the fact it is really fun, made me love the skill, and now set a long term goal for me to reach level 100 in the skill (maxing, then binding 3 items).

Your just glad because F2P was finally given a good mini-game to play. You would be just as happy with Stealing Creation, which in my opinion is more fun because it is PvP.

This is just another piece of content that is a grind. Just because each dungeon is different, doesn't mean it won't be a grind. Every room has a monster or two to kill. You find a place to make some armour, then you get some food. You get to the end, and then kill a boss. Then repeat. It's the same thing over and over again.

Stellactic.gif

Your just glad because F2P was finally given a good mini-game to play. You would be just as happy with Stealing Creation, which in my opinion is more fun because it is PvP.

This is just another piece of content that is a grind. Just because each dungeon is different, doesn't mean it won't be a grind. Every room has a monster or two to kill. You find a place to make some armour, then you get some food. You get to the end, and then kill a boss. Then repeat. It's the same thing over and over again.

Since I am F2P myself, so I guess I fall into the same category as Sonic. IMO, I don't really think F2P would need Dungeoneering since its so separated from others. I would be kind of glad if they don't make it into F2P since that would make F2P world even harder (well, for those that want to go for lvl 99 in all skill). But I am also happy that they give it to F2P to keep something new going on once in awhile.

Since the beginning hints of new skill, I have been trying to come up with a way (so do other people) to see what the new skill might be. IMO, I don't know if anyone could come up with a better idea of a new skill. If it does come, its just going to be another skill that just wait to get grind. Maybe Jagex is not doing something they were originally achieved back in 2005 to 2006. But it would be interesting to see if they left the 2007 problems left unresolved (botters, RWT, and other scamming problems). I don't mind people rant and voice their concerns on how much downhill the game has gone, it does give into some insight. But for majority of the player, who come and go so much, it doesn't really matter in the long run. (If you don't like the way its going, simply move on to other things, same for everything in the real world)

Just my 2 cents here.

a happy Runescaper

Coming from a guy who witnessed 6/6/06, i enjoy dungeoneering.

edit: post number 777 i love you all

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

666 has what to do with dungeoneering? 99 construction party in a dungeon. Dungeoneering. Yay a common name? I don't see your point here.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I know exactly what you mean, because PVP is exactly the same way. Every fight may be different, yeah, but at the end of the day you're just killing dudes in rune with AGS' over and over again. LOLOLOLOOL AMIRITE.

:rolleyes:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Facepalm

The dude meant that his account is at least 3.5 years old and he was pro'lly a member at the time, so he isn't a new player and his opinion matters (or something like that .. it might be just me).

First, there was no need to facepalm if you aren't even sure what he meant.

Second, if that is what he truly meant, then this is all he needed to say:

Since it doesn't give his opinion any more weight.

rssig2.png

666 has what to do with dungeoneering? 99 construction party in a dungeon. Dungeoneering. Yay a common name? I don't see your point here.

haha my bad. i thought i was being witty. i meant i was there for one of the worst instances of a "new skill gone wrong" and for the OP to say they got dungeoneering wrong, was a gigantic overstatement of his biased opinion.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Jagex's Q&A?

What Quality Assurance?

=D> well played.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Simply because Jagex is bad and the whole skill system thing isnt working. They need to think different updates then skills. Where will we be in 3 years? Sailing i guess.

fapysx.gif

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

It took you 2 days to get 50 hunter? What a noob; I raised it to lvl 63 the first day it was released and never again :unsure: B)

In all seriousness I sometimes think Jagex messes up these new updates on purpose just to quickly fix them shortly after to seem more in touch with their player base. Even with all the testing Jagex did with summoning, there were still a few bugs with it. I remember the fatal Falador Massacre back with a Construction glitch....plus the combat ring lures and all that good stuff. To say they always gets new skills wrong seems to be a bit much....although, how often do you get a new skill?

No one is forcing you to train the skill nor are there any real requirements for anything else to justify training the skill.

I do question Jagex's thought process at times......I'm sure many players do too.

soulthresher.png

To release a skills is a huge project in the game and even though that I agree with you that Jagex have made a bit too many fails with the last releases, I don't blame them. Sure it is a bit irritating when the new skill doesn't work perfectly from the start. I understand that some people get angry when they don't get exactly what they have suspected. There are so many things that have to work at the same time and Jagex can't think of everything.

My opinion is therefore that Jagex have done a good job. And also, they have always went back and fixed the things they did wrong.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

but Farming was bad

lul wot

The latest skills weren't the same feel to it as older ones. Hunter seems sorta pointless to me as a whole, and Summoning was okay actually. But they weren't as "universal" as the other skills. They had set locations, too set, whereas other skills had stuff across the world.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg