Possible problems with the way Dungeoneering works

Kietaro1

Now I make no claims as to being an expert on Dungeoneering or even the economy of Runescape. Heck to that end, I am a pretty self contained player that has much of all that I need. It seems to me however, that due to the nature of Dungeoneering, many players that would usually provide things for the economy may find themselves in the bellows of Daemonheim instead.

I think that since Daemonheim is self contained it could potentially create a hole that other players used to fill. Unlike other activities in Runescape, Dungeoneering has levels, worthwhile rewards, and is actually really fun. In the past, other things that may have caused players to take a small detour from their regular gaming were soon forgotten and players resumed their positions as wood cutters, fishers, or flax collectors [etc]. Dungeoneering however could keep players interested for large portions of time and judging by the Runescape homepage, Jagex seems to want this. Even the level cap of 120 seems to promote the idea that Jagex wants players playing this for a long time to come.

We can all agree that higher levels outside of Daemonheim can and do benefit players trying their best to complete the next floor. There however is NO absolute need of those levels and a player could spend all of their playing time in Daemonheim. Now a very dramatic and over the top view of this is to say that so many players will follow this mindset and Runecape will cease to be what it is today. We can probably assume that this is not the case but I would be willing to bet that a large portion of players may find themselves in Daemonheim quite often. This in my opinion drastically splits Runescape into two groups.

That all being said, let us look at some things. First, Daemonheim provides everything that a player needs in order to complete each floor. This means that when a player is Dungeoneering they do not require fished foods, they do not need potions, nor do they care about any other produced items in the regular world. More so, they no longer have need for items such as the GWD gear, rune armor, or even nature runes. Sure there will still be players in the overworld but ultimately my question is this:

[TL:DR] In your opinion how much will Dungeoneering affect the rest of Runescape?

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Once they start releasing more content and fixing this and that and yadda yadda.. it will have more of an impact on RS. As it stands now, it's not a viable training method for any other skills- the experience you receive in other skills is more of a bonus than anything. Being said, I think that any price drops that are occurring now are just panics/freak outs and will subside soon. People will still need regular supplies, because Dungeoneering is not a money making skill.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Once they start releasing more content and fixing this and that and yadda yadda.. it will have more of an impact on RS. As it stands now, it's not a viable training method for any other skills- the experience you receive in other skills is more of a bonus than anything. Being said, I think that any price drops that are occurring now are just panics/freak outs and will subside soon. People will still need regular supplies, because Dungeoneering is not a money making skill.

But then, if you Dungeoneer, you will need no money.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Good points, I agree with most of them!

I personally love Dungeoneering, I can forget about how poor I am on the outside. I've got everything I need in there, the only thing that matters is my skills.

Who do you think dungeoneering targets?

high level skillers ready to apply their skills?

low levels who would otherwise have poor gear and equipment in normal runescape?

compared to the total amount of GWD gear in the game, the amount flowing in and out is relatively small.

a massive hit to the total demand for such gear would be noticeable.

it won't hit consumables nearly as hard, if at all.

Sure people using up those resources are drained out, but so are the people producing them.

question is whether dungeoneering drains more consumers than producers.

Naaxi.png

Who do you think dungeoneering targets?

high level skillers ready to apply their skills?

low levels who would otherwise have poor gear and equipment in normal runescape?

compared to the total amount of GWD gear in the game, the amount flowing in and out is relatively small.

a massive hit to the total demand for such gear would be noticeable.

it won't hit consumables nearly as hard, if at all.

Sure people using up those resources are drained out, but so are the people producing them.

Perhaps but even in lost consumers and/or producers people are still taken out of what has made Runescape... well Runescape.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Good question.

I think it will take more consumers out, because most producers are happy to skill and make the money, while consumers can get a percentage of what they were getting from the producers from Dungeoneering (the experience, not the items), for free.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!