Dungeoneering: F2P 90+ Combat Nerf

Youmu

OHHH!!!! I see where Jagex is getting at now.

They nerfed the experience in F2P worlds if and ONLY if you are playing solo dungeons. This probably explains why you get more than double the experience when you duo, but back to the 50% penalty when you solo.

So perhaps that's why some F2Pers have very high dungeoneering levels?

But still, it's unfair that Jagex ONLY punished the high-levels. This has to be changed.

I don't see they that's nearly enough evidence to support that claim. And even if it is true, it still doesn't make their 'fix' acceptable.

greenmelf.png

At a prestige level of 27, when I solo and complete a small dungeon, I rarely get over 2k experience. When I duo a medium sized dungeon, I magically get more than double the prestige. Is this the same for everyone? It also seems that with another decent player, and enough teleports, a medium dungeon that you duo is about as fast as a small dungeon that you solo.... I'll have to time myself next time (for about 5-10 dungeons on medium), and time myself on a solo (another 5-10 dungeons).

I also think its a bit underhanded that jagex didn't sticky the RSOF post.

Hai Sees!

Look at Setelima's level in highscores. :blink:

It might be better to do large dungeon with 5 people on maximum difficulty at your level now, I think you'll be getting 8-9k+ exp per floor with large.

Tbh I'm having far more fun (when I have the time to play) to really care about the exp nerf. :shock:

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

that was the xp nerf? 50% off just like that... :thumbdown:

i thought it was just something like the max xp anyone/a member can get is kept at about 90% of what you would on a member world. beats that idea by far.

as a f2p worlding member (and no, i dident know that f2p was faster xp until jagex posted this update) i find that this is rather bad quick fix, the difrence between level 89 and 90? an attack level and a few strength levels?.. and a 50% drop in xp gain.

i just hope this quick fix gets removed and replaced like infineite shop stock (but a lot faster...)

the least that could of done is just cap all f2p.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

It might be better to do large dungeon with 5 people on maximum difficulty at your level now, I think you'll be getting 8-9k+ exp per floor with large.

Why large dungeons, and why not 5-man small dungeon, max difficulty & complexity? :mellow:

I just wish that Jagex will think this movement over, sooner or later.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Why large dungeons, and why not 5-man small dungeon, max difficulty & complexity? :mellow:

I just wish that Jagex will think this movement over, sooner or later.

Small dungeon in f2p with a full team of 90+ and all the trimmings only gets a piddly amount of exp. :sad: Doing that for 10 floors straight gets boooooring, at least to me.

By making every floor count with full difficulty set at 5 and large dungeon you could unlock a number of floors before having to reset. Problem is that it eats up a lot of time, and it's hard to recruit a full team. :ohnoes:

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

• 2 weeks later...

Let me bump this back up again, since Jagex still hasn't done anything about it.

Now, I understand this was a quick fix, since so many people were training this on F2P worlds and they had to find a quick solution.

However, having to punish F2Pers of ONLY 90+ just seems very unreasonable. I'm scared to train a lot of combat because of this. :(

That just defeats the purpose of being a high-level player, as they should be getting more exp than low-levels in the first place.

And, although not very major, member skill doors/puzzles appearing on F2P are a problem too. Though it only affects bonus rooms (thus still possible to finish the dungeon), it puts effect into your base/prestige exp by penalizing it, even though it's not by much.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Something that Jagex should have learned by now (as most MMO's should have) is how to nerf something without making people think its a nerf. For instance in WoW's new expansion to encourage people to wear armor their classes were designed to wear (plate wearer's wearing plate instead of cloth) they had two options.

1) Nerf the bonuses plate wearers get from wearing cloth

2) Make the bonuses for everything less great and add a bonus for wearing all of your type of armor.

Guess which one they're going with?

A much easier solution to this whole problem would have been to slightly nerf everyone's experience gains and then release a statement and update that gives "bonus" experience to member's for training on members worlds. F2P has an incentive to buy members, members don't have to train on F2P worlds anymore, no one feels like they got shafted.

Hell they could even have added the members bonus to the experience screen that you get at the end of every dungeon.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

It's just the cap at lvl 90 that is insane...

someone at lvl 90 clearly wont be able to complete a dungeon faster than someone at lvl 90. but someone at lvl 90 gains half the xp someone at lvl 89 gets... I dont get it

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

Question at all who reported times for soloing a small dungeon:

How is it that you only need 10-20 minutes, when it takes me 2 danged hours to get fully through and get everything? Is it because you're not worrying about turning everything in the dungeon to exp before you go? Or you're not worrying about bonus rooms? Or perhaps because you melee, and I mage? Or (under the header of "WTF") all of the above? I'd really like to know, dangit! :angry:

BTW, cb 84 here ... probably near cb 85 as my siggy says... And I definitely think they should remove the cap against high-level players soloing. :evil:

~D. V. "I would like to know how the hell all of you speed through!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Is this changed yet? (Haven't played dunging for a while) If not then yes I definetly think this needs to be changed. I felt from the beginning that this was just a quick solution to sweep the problem under the carpet. It is just idiotic to punish a player just because he/she has spend time to train his/hers character. :thumbdown:

Sephy.png

Unfortunately this still hasn't changed, and there aren't any plans for or against it at the moment. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

No, [bleep] pures.

Not that kind of pure.

A pure with 40 attack/defense, 99 strength/ranged/magic/hp, and 45 prayer, perhaps.

That gets you 88 combat. As long as you don't train attack/defense/prayer, you stay like this.

You need 11 attack levels, 3 defense levels, or 5 prayer levels to get even 89 combat.

This undoubtedly gets you the best advantage of experience.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog