Hip Hop & Rap

Skully

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RECOVERY IS [bleep]ING AMAZING

They had on youtube for a bit. I just tried to soak them up but now I can't find any. Of course oh look, a site offering a free download, and if you download you get a chance to win a free car?? Lemme go do that one.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

They had on youtube for a bit. I just tried to soak them up but now I can't find any. Of course oh look, a site offering a free download, and if you download you get a chance to win a free car?? Lemme go do that one.

In response to your earlier post, in case you missed it.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/264052-hip-hop-rap/page__view__findpost__p__4325911

1260955552084-1.jpg

In response to your earlier post, in case you missed it.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/264052-hip-hop-rap/page__view__findpost__p__4325911

Nah I didn't miss it lol. I just felt like if I responded it it would lead to a flame war. oh well I'll try: (Just know don't take this personally)

WHO CARES. lol.

I love the mainstream rap, a lot of it is amazingly talented. I hate "indie" artists like Nas, Lupe Fiasco, etc.

I love my lil' wayne, Eminem, T.i., Drake.

As how2pk once said

"If I like women, cars, and money, why shouldn't I like music that talks about women, cars, and money?"

And the reason why I have a problem with this pseudo philanthropic attitude, is because it seems so fake.

I mean if you think they have no skill:

(And uhhh I'm not sure what the rules are about posting explicit videos, so if a mod thinks they should be taken down feel free.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jns5uTX9yJs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8KhqJnkvDA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY

(third vid takes a while to load, and stupid vevo censors 90% of the song)

And those aren't even the best, just the ones I've been listening to lately. (Now listening to Kim from mr. Em. too funny)

And before anyone says it: When it comes to rap I know a lot of it is opinion, and I'm not discouting Nas/lupe fiasco's ability, I just really don't like them.

To sum this garbled post up:

If they are actually doing all the philanthropic things they say they are doing, props. But if they're bs'ing, grow up.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

As how2pk once said

"If I like women, cars, and money, why shouldn't I like music that talks about women, cars, and money?"

Haha, did I say that? :cool:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Can't wait for Recovery to be out. I usually download stuff but I will be buying Recovery. Favorite I've heard so far is definitely "Love the Way You Lie" which features Rihanna. She and Em absolutely killed it!

Em's second verse was good, but yeah Wayne did his thing and just blaze made a corny song some what cooler. Magic

Just a quick question

Because of the leaks to both Drake & Em's albums do you feel it will help or hurt the performances of their albums. I only ask because Drake has stated that the leak will only help him.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Just a quick question

Because of the leaks to both Drake & Em's albums do you feel it will help or hurt the performances of their albums. I only ask because Drake has stated that the leak will only help him.

it could go either way, i mean i personally wouldn't trust downloading anything off the internet and the quality isn't guaranteed to be CD quality. so it's really just free advertising and play for their albums and that might get people to buy them.

i hope youtube doesn't take recovery vids down :ohnoes:

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

It helps the exposure. People will talk about the album a lot and people who might not have known about it will hear from friends etc.

That being said, I wasn't hugely impressed with recovery. I honestly think that relapse was better in my opinion.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Just wanted to say Happy birthday to Tupac Amaru Shakur he would have been 39 today. He was one of the biggest influences in the history of hip hop and one of the greatest of all time. He accomplished more in 25 years then most ever will.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Just wanted to say Happy birthday to Tupac Amaru Shakur he would have been 39 today. He was one of the biggest influences in the history of hip hop and one of the greatest of all time. He accomplished more in 25 years then most ever will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyWkrddpZDs

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I don't like Tupac, Biggie, or Run DMC. There I said it. I really hate them. They may have been ground breaking, but still...

While I will admit I've not listened to more than maybe 20 songs each, when I did, the experience was not pleasant.

I don't like Tupac, Biggie, or Run DMC. There I said it. I really hate them. They may have been ground breaking, but still...

While I will admit I've not listened to more than maybe 20 songs each, when I did, the experience was not pleasant.

You're taste in rap baffles me. You don't like Nas, you don't like Tupac or Biggie, you don't like any underground artists, but you like Lil Wayne? :?

Oh well, to each their own I guess.

15cbz0y.jpg

Yea. I tend to not like undergroud/indie/"inspirational" artists for any genre. I'm pretty damn fickle about my music tastes.

You're taste in rap baffles me. You don't like Nas, you don't like Tupac or Biggie, you don't like any underground artists, but you like Lil Wayne? :?

Nas is boring lmfao.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Nas is boring lmfao.

too bad u dont listen to the lyrics, beatfreak.

Todays hiphop/rap is not longer hiphop or rap, Its a good beat with a [bleep] singing with autotune on it(Exception Kid cudi).

Nasir Jones is one of the best rappers that ever been alive.

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

Oh quit with that crap. How many times do I/othershave tosay that that argument not only is faulty down to the basics, but is downright untrue? The reason indie artists are indie, is not becuase they are "deep" but because they either suck, or are boring. Which could be interpreted as the same thing. There is nothing wrong with autotuning AT ALL. people have done it since the 80s *I think* Use auto tuning is like using an 808. It's just a different way of making the same music. And must I say, T-pain, though I could never take his music seriously, does auto tuning delightfully well. And while Lil wayne is one of my top 4 fav artists, and while he does talk mostly about [bleep]es and drugs, he also has some very insightful songs, and writes excellent raps IMO. And Yes I have listened to Nas/Lupe/whoever and didn't like them at all, I'm not just passing judgement without listening. (Though I do think there is one lupe song I like. Forget which)

Also, let it be known I'm not permanently discounting these rappers either, maybe in a few months I'll love them to death, and hate T.i./Lil Wayne/M&M. But at this point in time, they suck.

I'm not trying to disagree, but underground artists aren't underground because they're bad or boring. They're underground because they're different usually.

Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfo-EGDBEAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1u43KDiWD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9c0E2tjyXY

None of these guys have mass appeal, but I wouldn't say they're boring or bad.

Also, if you're not listening to Illmatic I can understand why you'd find Nas boring. A lot of his newer stuff is fairly uninteresting.

15cbz0y.jpg

I've actually not listened to Madvillian, or POS. But Aesop is meh. I own like most of his albums. And I really do not like that Nas song. And that T.I. song is about respecting women :twss:

Edit: Yea I guess Aesop is pretty decent

Edited by Saruman44

illmatic by nas is considered one of the greatest albums if not greatest rap album of all time man; nas is an urban poet, he's real, all them other guys are just sellouts looking for money or attention.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg