Lucid dreaming

Wongtong

The other night I had a dream in a dream in a dream. There was this guy trying to kill me, only he wasn't a guy, he was a tree. Then he turned into mushrooms. I remember it being an awesome pun.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

The other night I had a dream in a dream in a dream. There was this guy trying to kill me, only he wasn't a guy, he was a tree. Then he turned into mushrooms. I remember it being an awesome pun.

Sounds more like drugs

Sounds more like drugs

All my dreams do.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

In my lucid dream I divided by zero, and life went on. So... how about we try it irl?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

why were you supposed to?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Recently, I've been becoming lucid in dreams but then waking up unexpectedly or forgetting that the dream isn't real. It's really annoying. Example: Last night, I suddenly realized that I was dreaming (due to seeing a spirit wolf at my cabin about to take me to another plane of existence, where I would be in a clubhouse with copies of myself), and I looked at my hands (usually, in dreams, your hands are warped). My fingers were about half their usual size, like little stumps, with the exception of my pointer and middle fingers being fused to form this weird skin-lump thing on my hand. I had a achieved a good level of lucidity, and changed the spirit wolf into Batman (success!), but then my brother saw me dreaming from across the road, his head became giant, and began singing a siren song. :( Needless to say, I became entranced, and I forgot I was in a dream.

Man, I have some [bleep]ed up dreams. :lol:

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

I haven't achieved lucid state yet, still trying. But I'm having good dream recall so hopefully getting close. The closest I got to lucid was when I had some level of conscience in one dream. It was like some form of Ratchet and Clank 1 (random, I know) expect clank was a giant fishbowl type thing with a skull inside it. I didnt know I was dreaming but I could kind of direct the dream, "I want to go into this room" "I want to jump" "I want to smash the glass and make the skull flow out". Stuff like that, even though what I remember must've been seconds. :P

• 1 month later...

Hmm, this thread doesn't look that old. I guess I can't just create a new thread then :(

I think it's funny, I had a lucid dream earlier and I was slipping in and out of knowing that it was a dream. I'm not sure what it was about, but it was something to do with magical powers. Was kind of weird, though.

What do you dream about?

Oh, and a helpful tip; Slap yourself as a reality check. In the dream, it's never feels the same as in real life, and you can always slap yourself because your face is always there, unlike light switches or mirrors

EDIT - Another way to easily induce lucid dreaming is to make your alarm clock go off early, wake up to turn the thing off and go straight back to sleep. Not sure why, but it helps. I'm sure there's scientific evidence for it too

Had the wierdest dream sort of thing the other day, woke up to see some creepy mean looking black spiders very near my head (i sleep on the bottom of a bunk bed). I jumped right out of my bed and to the door, but upon looking back seconds later the spiders were nowhere to be seen.

Also is anyone ever in a dream like state, when they fall over in the dream or anything like that and wake suddenly with a jolt?

I really will have to try lucid dreaming sometime, one thing i saw said to place a black dots on your thumbs and if you look at your thumbs in the dream to find that they aren't there you will know you are dreaming.

^I think it's possible. Well what happened last night was done via normal sleep:

I think I had a dream about lucid dreaming, if that's possible. Or it may have been an actual lucid dream.

For some reason I was running then I was like, [cabbage] I'm dreaming! I thought of this thread and went over to try a light switch, flicked it a couple of times then the dream went back to being an uncontrollable dream and I can't remember what happened.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't had any lucid dreams but...a few times while I was dreaming, I would just suddenly realize I was dreaming, and although my dream would continue beyond my control, I could consciously move around while dreaming. Same with thinking too, although if I tried to actually put any effort into thinking, I would actually wake up immediately.

Not a lucid dream at all, but...an odd dreaming experience all the same.

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

Just the other day I was gonna take a nap, and decided to try to induce a lucid dream. Just as I was feeling I was gonna make it, my brother came home and put on some really loud music and broke my concentration. It really frustrates me that the only lucid dream I ever had was casual (I didn't intend to have it) and it was a very unpleasant one (I remember falling on top of a lot of broken shards of glasses and having one go entirely through my naked foot, and I [bleep]ing felt the pain as I slowly removed the glass).

16185_s.gif

Oh I never knew this thread was here... Well there are a couple things wrong with the way that OP lucid dreams that I think should be cleared up if they haven't already been (sorry I didn't have time to sort through 13 pages)

This is a better guide I've found and have practiced it for a month now with great results. The idea is not to trick your brain into thinking you're asleep, but rather to sleep and realize you are dreaming, which is the real definition of lucid dreaming. With this method you can stay dreaming for as long as you want without being fearful because hey it's your dream!

2SJtsm4oNNDpdj0hcY1WQ.png

Edit: Sorry I realized it's a little tough to read, but I can't find a larger version and I cba to type it all out. You can visit the website on the top of the guide however since the guide is based off of the information there.

1288581197250-1.jpg

• 4 years later...

i just tried it and had a life changing experience! i went places and felt like i was in the dream for years but in reality i was only asleep for an hour. I was never in a home, i was always outside watching car accidents and murders happen right in front of me. But i never could pull out my phone to take a picture. Nothing electronic worked and it was always night time. Before i fell into a deep sleep i heard things crawling around the addict. BEWARE...this stuff is dangerous. 

• Like 1