Lucid dreaming

Wongtong

I do remember having one lucid dream once, I think. I realized I was dreaming, flew around outside my house, thought "WOW I'm flying!" then was so astonished I woke up.

But I also think I woke up in the night once and couldn't move... It was so scary. I freaked out until suddenly I could move. Then I went back to sleep.

Another thing I heard (this might be of import to some of you) is that sometimes when you wake up form a dream, and think "damn that was a good dream, oh well back to sleep", you are still actually dreaming, and it's a 'false wake-up' (not the right term, meh). The way to test if you're really awake is keep something with writing on it next to your bed. I'm not sure if you are either supposed to have read it, or supposed to have NOT read it, but it's one of those (very non-helpful, I know). If you are in a dream, either the writing will look like gobblede[grime], or it will change if you look at it, look away, then look at it again.

So if the writing is different the second time or if it's plain nonsense, then you probably are still dreaming. But if you test out flying try hovering in the air before jumping out your window ;)

Some people mentioned flipping a light switch or looking in a mirror; those probably work just as well as my idea.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Haha, this lucid dreaming sounds like wizardry :P

I think I had a couple of them, but they are always short...

I will try this tonight, and possibly try it again (if I am tired enough for a nap tomorrow after school). Hopefully to not have any horrible experiences, I heard that people awake during sleep paralysis can have some experiences that are rather...horrifying

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I tried this last night, and got to where I felt the weight on my chest, but I just woke up afterwards. :mellow:

17175_s.gif

[spoiler=Quotes]

Goddammit Monk, stop being so full of win.

I am Monk's [bleep]

I tried last night... And I passed the itching part, but then this spot on my foot felt so weird. I HAD TO MOVE MY FOOT. Holy crap I can't even describe it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

So I've been reading up a bit more, and apparently, to do any type of ILD (Induced Lucid Dream) you need very good dream recall, so you would be needing a dream journal, when you can remember 1, maybe 2 dreams per night then you can start doing ILDs. This is why it doesn't work for most people. If you really want to lucid dream then you will need a dream journal and be able to keep recalling dreams.

The lucid dream technique on the first post is a WILD (Wake induced lucid dream) .

Another technique is a MILD (Mnemonic induction of a lucid dream) This is where, throughout the day you do reality checks and constantly say to yourself that you will go to sleep, have a dream, and remember that you are dreaming. This means that you constantly have it on your mind, and 5-10 minutes before you sleep, you need to have a set phrase that you say constantly, while thinking of nothing else at all, where you relax and make it the last thing on your mind before you sleep. Then the next time you are in a dream, you should be able to recognise it, do a reality check or 2, and then realise you are lucid. Some reality checks include, breathing through your nose with your nose held shut. In a dream you can do this because in real life, your body is paralysed. The mishapen hand, where you may have more or less fingers, or your hand is mishaped. Or the digital watch, where there will be large time jumps over the course of 10 seconds, of say, 8 hours. This only happens with digital watches. The switch flip, in a dream, switches do bugger all most of the time.

So, if you really want to try this, get a dream journal, get a pen, and keep them by your bed. Then when you wake up, write down as much of the dream/dreams you had you can remember.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I had that last Wednesday night, after drinking 4 cans of Coca Cola, I remember now not with a journal or anything, being able to fly down my stairs.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I'm going to start keeping a dream journal :thumbup: Though no sex dreams will be wrote down.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I tried last night... And I passed the itching part, but then this spot on my foot felt so weird. I HAD TO MOVE MY FOOT. Holy crap I can't even describe it.

Yeah when I did the technique described on the picture one time, my right arm was still for so long it felt like it wasn't even there anymore. Like it was numb without actually being numb. Weird as heck.

I tried this last night. I stayed still for about an hour, and then I just fell asleep. For the rest of the night I had really short dreams [in dream time], then at about 4:00 AM I woke up [ I can't be sure if I was really awake], but I could recall perfectly what I dreamt about. For the next 30 minutes I hovered at the edge of consciousness, but I still couldn't get to the lucid dreaming stage. :wall:

I tried this, and was almost successful with the sleep paralysis part. My body did start to slowly paralyze, but unfortunately noises downstairs kept me up, ruining the process. Oddly enough my head also started feeling funny, almost like some invisible curtain was constantly being lifted, but then pulled back down over the inside of my eyes. Pretty hard to describe, but it felt quite strange.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Maybe you should wear ... ear plugs?

If you guys start a dream journal, you should post some stories. I'd even scan a page up from one of mine just for you guys to read. :)

Someone pick a number from 1 - 50 and I'll scan that page. :o

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

O_O What a coincidence, a lucid dream that I do not remember at all (along with a random dream)... heh, you guys are mentioned.

Please don't criticise my messy writing, this was when I got into the habit of writing right after I woke up so my writing is heinous.

[hide]243falj.jpg[/hide]

14/1/09

I was in the supermarket with a white brunette & somehow I knew she was my sister. She found out that she could kill people by clicking her fingers, so we went around the supermarket killing people. I tapped her on the shoulder when I was standing behind her and she turned around and snapped her fingers twice at me and gasped while I slowly fell to the ground, "I didn't-" she said. As I fell, I turned into an angel. My clothes turned into a white robe and I had a halo. I stood up and people who we had killed were like angels too.

20/1/09

I figured out that I was dreaming and I yelled out "I'M LUCID DREAMING!". I was in this garage thing, I could see th elight coming from outside the garage. The garage was made out of concrete. Then I thought "cat get hit by car" but a cat didn't get hit by one. Instead, this car kept driving back and forth in front of me. I remember a blur of feet in front of me like someone was running really fast.

Then I woke up in my dream & talked to a group of guys "I was lucid dreaming last night!" I'll assume the guys were TIFers. They didn't believe me so I pulled the fingers at them. Then I woke up IRL and was pulling the fingers at my teddy bear.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Hah, it's so hard to read.

I ended up inducing my first lucid dream last night. It was really [bleep]ing weird. The sleep paralysis set in, and my Iron Maiden poster came to life, which was kinda cool. Then I had Dracula asking me the question. "What is a man?" to which I tried to reply "A miserable pile of secrets!", but couldn't. Then things spiraled downhill and involved sexy slavery of various women, some from here and some from RL, and I think some guys and zombies came into the picture, raising the WTF level to 11. I'll let you guys figure out the details.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Hah, it's so hard to read.

I ended up inducing my first lucid dream last night. It was really [bleep]ing weird. The sleep paralysis set in, and my Iron Maiden poster came to life, which was kinda cool. Then I had Dracula asking me the question. "What is a man?" to which I tried to reply "A miserable pile of secrets!", but couldn't. Then things spiraled downhill and involved sexy slavery of various women, some from here and some from RL, and I think some guys and zombies came into the picture, raising the WTF level to 11. I'll let you guys figure out the details.

That seems pretty epic, which method did you end up using? The one in the op?

btw I edited in a translation :P Don't blame you for not finding it hard to understand, writing is wtf. That was a pretty bad lucid dream in my previous post - I've noticed I always state "I'm (lucid) dreaming" when I realise I'm dreaming.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Tried it last night, I got everything up to and including the weight on my chest, but when I opened my eyes I didn't hallucinate or hear anything and when I closed them I wasn't dreaming. So pretty much a failure. I'll probably try it again tonight.

And your handwriting is far better than mine. But I am known to have some of the worst penmanship of all time.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Last night I didn' try it.

I was just very tired and cold, and in the position of sort of... hugging my knees?

And then after a while without even trying I started lucid dreaming. It was short, but it was IT.

In my dream I looked at my older house from bottom and up, and then opened the front door. That's about it, then I *almost* woke up, so I tried to get back, and then woke up.

I couldn't move and all, was pretty cool.

Tried it last night, I got everything up to and including the weight on my chest, but when I opened my eyes I didn't hallucinate or hear anything and when I closed them I wasn't dreaming. So pretty much a failure. I'll probably try it again tonight.

And your handwriting is far better than mine. But I am known to have some of the worst penmanship of all time.

Noooo, my handwriting isn't really that messy!! D:

Proof:

[hide]13zbgo9.jpg[/hide]

I have come to realise that I am too paranoid to do the lucid dreaming thing anymore - I try every night but I end up getting scared.. I'm afraid of being paralysed and seeing monsters like the grudge or other freaky faces gawking at me. :( So I guess I'm attempting the other method where I constantly do reality checks.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Noooo, my handwriting isn't really that messy!! D:

Proof:

[hide]13zbgo9.jpg[/hide]

I have come to realise that I am too paranoid to do the lucid dreaming thing anymore - I try every night but I end up getting scared.. I'm afraid of being paralysed and seeing monsters like the grudge or other freaky faces gawking at me. :( So I guess I'm attempting the other method where I constantly do reality checks.

Yeah, it creeped me out too, the third time I successfully Lucid Dreamed I got scared 'cause it was horrifically frightening. But, for the most part, it's very fun, and very worth the possible panic attack.

I really know for sure I felt it that one too once, it was really impossible to not move it.

Alright, I decided I'm going to spend most of the night awake (nothing to wake up early for tomorrow) and only go to sleep when I'm very very tired.

I bet I could reproduce that last experience.