SB1070 Immigration Bill passes in Arizona

mrpadre

Nah I would prefer criminalphobic?

Really? Interesting.:

http://criminaljustice.change.org/blog/view/new_study_says_racist_beliefs_and_tough_on_crime_go_hand-in-hand

You just said it in a different way. It's pretty well known in the academic world that people who profess to being "tough on crime" also hold racist leanings. It's seen in the justice system, it's seen in our drug laws, it's seen right here right now in this thread discussing this law. Your posts bleed, seep and reek of racism. It's the underlying tone that you have which makes it so obvious.

Let me guess. You're also one of those "colorblind" people, right?

http://news.illinois.edu/news/10/0421online.html

I don't know what you do for a living Magekillr, but if you always make such idiotic assumptions about everything like I've noticed you have on this forum you won't get very far in life.

You call them assumptions, I call it being exposed to dog whistles. Think of the word "thug." Not a racist word, right? However, usually in the context with which it is used, it carries racial connotations. You can get a very good idea of what a person thinks or feels just by examining the language that they use. It's how I can pick out people on here, and quite frankly, I've yet to be wrong about my supposed assumptions on this board.

I never said I was against races, and you know I didn't say that 'cause you're obviously literate. I simply said I don't want people in here illegally.

Yes, and there's literally no reason to be against immigration unless you're a xenophobic racist git like yourself. Obviously you have to limit it each year, as a nation's priority lies with its own interests. As such, there will be limits on how many and how often people can come here. As the law stands right now, though, it takes forever to immigrate here legally, which is why there's such a problem in the first place. Rather than going after the laws, you go after the people.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Racism? Ummm ok. One sec:

"a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others."

I always find it funny when people call anti-immigrationists racist, I don't really care what race you are. If you have something to add to our society then usually you'll be allowed in. If not... Sorry. USA is light years ahead of the world, maybe this is one of the reasons why. (Though I don't really know the immigration laws of other countries)

edit: Really Nick? Really? Wow ok. [bleep] you broseph.

Immigration is actually very beneficial for the US because it gives us a cheap labor force willing to do hard work for [cabbage]ty pay.

That's nice. Now we're talking about outsourcing American jobs and using foreigners for cheap "slave" labor. :thumbup:

God bless our corporations.

The point is that no Americans actually want to work as gardeners making minimum wage and 12 hour days. Immigrants are more than willing. I don't see the problem here.

Who says there is a problem? Just get in legally. Heh. Thats the "endgame" response to basically everything. JUST GET IN LEGALLY. I mean [bleep] I'm sorry if life sucks wherever you live, but no one deals' fate's hand but fate itself.

You must be illiterate because you clearly didn't read the last page. The "legal way" takes up to 20 years.

Furhtermore, you're making yourself seem like an [wagon].

I read it. You must be illiterate because you've not read any of my posts?

And because of your pilgrim comment ,you're making yourself seem like a naive middle schooler.

Really? You're saying that illegal immigrants are wrong because they are coming to a place that they have no right to be in. I replied that the pilgrims did the exact same thing.

Sigh, ok. I guess I'll explain it to you. Read CLOSELY.

1)Indians came here from Asia.. tehcnically they didn't ask for permission either

2) There was no established form of gov't, simply nomatic tribes.

3)ready for this? PILGRIMS BOUGHT THE LAND. We bought manhattan from the Indians for like 2 bucks.

4)sure there are isolated instances of pilgrims killing Indians for no reason, but then again illegals do that quite often as well.

And Nick, I used to have you added on RS, we never really talked but I never pictured you as a bigot. Hmm.. I already said I am sorry if you have virtually no chance of getting it. But thats life.

Nah I would prefer criminalphobic?

Really? Interesting.:

http://criminaljustice.change.org/blog/view/new_study_says_racist_beliefs_and_tough_on_crime_go_hand-in-hand

You just said it in a different way. It's pretty well known in the academic world that people who profess to being "tough on crime" also hold racist leanings. It's seen in the justice system, it's seen in our drug laws, it's seen right here right now in this thread discussing this law. Your posts bleed, seep and reek of racism. It's the underlying tone that you have which makes it so obvious.

Let me guess. You're also one of those "colorblind" people, right?

http://news.illinois.edu/news/10/0421online.html

I don't know what you do for a living Magekillr, but if you always make such idiotic assumptions about everything like I've noticed you have on this forum you won't get very far in life.

You call them assumptions, I call it being exposed to dog whistles. Think of the word "thug." Not a racist word, right? However, usually in the context with which it is used, it carries racial connotations. You can get a very good idea of what a person thinks or feels just by examining the language that they use. It's how I can pick out people on here, and quite frankly, I've yet to be wrong about my supposed assumptions on this board.

I never said I was against races, and you know I didn't say that 'cause you're obviously literate. I simply said I don't want people in here illegally.

Yes, and there's literally no reason to be against immigration unless you're a xenophobic racist git like yourself. Obviously you have to limit it each year, as a nation's priority lies with its own interests. As such, there will be limits on how many and how often people can come here. As the law stands right now, though, it takes forever to immigrate here legally, which is why there's such a problem in the first place. Rather than going after the laws, you go after the people.

This topic is downspiraling. I'm glad you've finally shown your true colors, Magekillr. I'll say it again, I'm not against immigration, idiot. I'm against illegal immigration. good luck graduating middle school with Roccodog.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The very fact that Saruman is attempting to justify what is one of the most heinous and damaging genocides in the history of man is only bolstering my point. Score one for me.

edit: And I see that you can't address what I've said. I'm not sure what true colors you speak of, I've never really held back in my posting here. You obviously didn't read my earlier post.

Again: go after and fix the laws rather than making criminals out of people. The fact that you won't do this shows YOUR true colors.

LOL you referring to the indians?

Edit: Actually Magekillr, my best friend is from Mexico, she moved here when she was 3. GUESS WHAT. Her family had no family in America whatsoever, and her mom works at a hotel, and her dad does lawn service. They are here legally and are really great people. They are not doctors, or engineers.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

magekillr, I hate to say this, but you're really not that much better. This is why I backed off of the Political Left and started looking for my own beliefs rather than subscribing to something that claims to have a monopoly on intellectualism or something that denies science and promotes its greedy, corporatist agenda.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

LOL you referring to the indians?

Edit: Actually Magekillr, my best friend is from Mexico, she moved here when she was 3. GUESS WHAT. Her family had no family in America whatsoever, and her mom works at a hotel, and her dad does lawn service. They are here legally and are really great people. They are not doctors, or engineers.

Do you even know HOW they got citizenship? I will admit, it was easier during the 90s than now cuz of 9/11 and all.

My parents entered illegally in 86 and 88 respectfully. The the only way they got residency, is because Bill Clinton issued a raffle to get them. Naturally, everybody wrote like 1000 letters and thank God my parents got picked. The second time they did that raffle you could only turn in one. The third time...well there wasn't any more.

So, pre-9/11 it was easier to get in here. But we're talking about now. Post-9/11. I still know lots of people, hard working adults with families who weren't so lucky with that raffle or got here after 9/11. What about them? It'll take years for them to be able to apply for residency. Just recently one of my dads' employees is applying for it...after 15+ years living here. And that's still not a guarantee he'll get it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

To the person who said USA is light years ahead of the world.... hahaha no. I was actually reading a medical report from this doctor coalition thing that was in my dad's office and the US is 10years behind Europe in salt in food regulation to give an example of how far ahead we are. America's grandeur is an illusion crafted from its pompous exultation of itself since after the 70s.

To the person who said that it takes 20 years to legally become citizens, that isn't true either. My grandparents applied for a visa for them and my dad in 1968, got it the same year, went to America every 3 months from Rome and they had their full citizenship by the time they decided to move their in 1978, which was about 9 years of intermittent residence, so I don't know where you get 2 decades from.

To the people saying their cheap labor is good: No, it really isn't. First of all they're withdrawing the money from our economy by sending it back to Mexico. Then they are not making minimum wage which beats out fair competition and lastly they don't pay taxes while illegal immigrants receive approximately $22 billion in social programs (CIS).

To the person who said anti-crime laws should be pasted before such a law: [hide=Quick Facts About Illegals' Crimes] * In Los Angeles, 95% of some 1,500 outstanding warrants for homicides are for illegal aliens. About 67% of the 17,000 outstanding fugitive felony warrants are for illegal aliens.

* There are currently over 400,000 unaccounted for illegal alien criminals with outstanding deportation orders. At least one fourth of these are hard core criminals.

* 80,000 to 100,000 illegal aliens who have been convicted of serious crimes are walking the streets. Based on studies they will commit an average of 13 serious crimes per perpetrator.

* Illegal aliens are involved in criminal activities at a rate that is 2-5 times their representative proportion of the population.

* In 1980, our Federal and state facilities held fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens but at the end of 2003, approximately 267,000 illegal aliens were incarcerated in U.S. correctional facilities at a cost of about $6.8 billion per year.

* At least 4.5 million pounds of cocaine with a street value of at least $72 billion is smuggled across the southern border every year. ..

* 56% of illegal aliens charged with a reentry offense had previously been convicted on at least 5 prior occasions.

* Illegal aliens charged with unlawful reentry had the most extensive criminal histories. 90% had been previously arrested. Of those with a prior arrest, 50% had been arrested for violent or drug-related felonies.

* Illegal aliens commit between 700,000 to 1,289,000 or more crimes per year.

* Illegal aliens commit at least 2,158 murders each year a number that represents three times greater participation than their proportion of the population.

* Illegal alien sexual predators commit an estimated 130,909 sexual crimes each year.

* There may be as many as 240,000 illegal alien sex offenders circulating throughout America. Based on studies, they will commit an average of 8 sex crimes per perpetrator before being caught.

* Nearly 63% of illegal alien sex offenders had been deported on another offense prior to committing the sex crime.

* Only 2% of the illegal alien sex offenders in one study had no history of criminal behavior, beyond crossing the border illegally.

* In Operation Predator, ICE arrested and deported 6,085 illegal alien pedophiles. Some studies suggest each pedophile molests average of 148 children. If so, that could be as many as 900,580 victims.

* Nobody knows how big the Sex Slave problem is but it is enormous.

* The very brutal MS-13 gang has over 15,000 members and associates in at least 115 different cliques in 33 states.

* The overall financial impact of illegal alien crimes is estimated at between $14.4 and $81 billion or more per year. Factor in the crime as a result of the cocaine and other drugs being smuggled in and the number may reach $150 billion per year.

[/hide]

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

magekillr, I hate to say this, but you're really not that much better. This is why I backed off of the Political Left and just started looking for my own beliefs rather than subscribing to something that claims to have a monopoly on intellectualism or something that denies science and promotes its greedy, corporatist agenda.

That's fine if you disagree with something I've said, but please, tell me what I'm not "that much better" about? Accepting? Tolerant? Racism? Xenophobia? Boxing people in? I'm intolerant of intolerance, and I'm kind of intolerant with regard to religion (although I'd never support a law that took away the right to practice if you so choose, nor something that targets specific religious groups).

It's never good for you to box yourself in with labels, that's a good thing and I'm glad that you made this realization. Still, no one is claiming that the left has a monopoly on intellectualism, nor that they're the only ones who accept science, nor that they're the only ones fighting corporate power. You don't need to make these claims, it's observable fact (in America, at least). In other countries it could be different. I disagree with the Angela Merkel on many issues, but I would accept her opposing views as acceptable discourse. What we have in America is a right-wing that IS anti-science, it IS anti-intellectual, and it IS in favor of corporate America.

Exhibit A, from just yesterday:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/04/tea-party-targets-bailout-bob-corker.php?ref=fpb

And edit:

And on the topic as a whole, guess who granted amnesty to over 1.7 million people? St. Ronnie Reagan, every right-winger's hero.

To the person who said that it takes 20 years to legally become citizens, that isn't true either. My grandparents applied for a visa for them and my dad in 1968, got it the same year, went to America every 3 months from Rome and they had their full citizenship by the time they decided to move their in 1978, which was about 9 years of intermittent residence, so I don't know where you get 2 decades from.

You do realize that was in the 70s? You forget what happened in New York City in September 11, 2001 that closed everything off, making coming in here legally harder. Unskilled civilians disguised as terrorists weren't even a thought at those times?

Plus, how many Italians in the current age want to come to America? How many Mexicans? The immigration actually has a "limit" on how many people from what country can come here. Italians really weren't overcrowded in those lists.

First of all they're withdrawing the money from our economy by sending it back to Mexico. Then they are not making minimum wage which beats out fair competition and lastly they don't pay taxes while illegal immigrants receive approximately $22 billion in social programs (CIS).

You know how that would be fixed?

LEGALIZE THEM. They'll HAVE TO PAY TAXES if they're residents! Come on, it's not that [bleep]ing difficult. EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM concerning illegals and wasting American taxdollars will be eliminated IF we let them become residents. And they'll take it, don't think they won't. Those that won't take it ('cuz they don't want to pay taxes) are the criminals. Get that and understand that.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Go Arizona. Also the third state to allow concealed carry without a Permit. Set the standard for the US, Arizona. Arizona gives the rights back to the PEOPLE, the people OF the United States, and OF Arizona not someone who thinks they are. =D> What a great state Arizona sounds like, I need to move I think.

Immigrants are fine, I welcome them. But illegal immigrants can crawl in a hole and die for all I care. Come here illegally and enjoy your stay. Whats the big deal with taking the test? Hell they give it in spanish now (something I don't think is right anyway). Illegals have no right to be here, kick them out. All of them.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

magekillr, I hate to say this, but you're really not that much better. This is why I backed off of the Political Left and just started looking for my own beliefs rather than subscribing to something that claims to have a monopoly on intellectualism or something that denies science and promotes its greedy, corporatist agenda.

That's fine if you disagree with something I've said, but please, tell me what I'm not "that much better" about? Accepting? Tolerant? Racism? Xenophobia? I'm intolerant of intolerance, and I'm kind of intolerant with regard to religion (although I'd never support a law that took away the right to practice if you so choose, nor something that targets specific religious groups).

Well, I have observed your posts for quite a while. You remind me a lot about myself during my more "radical years", two-three years ago. What angered me about the "Political Left" (and to be honest, the political spectrum isn't even that accurate) is the fact that many activists who subscribe to it are either too radical, too incompetent, naive or ignorant of key facts --- just like their adversaries.

One such example comes from a debate that occurred a few weeks ago in which you argued that nationalism was racist, which is obviously not the case if you knew a thing or two about classical nationalism. From the context of the post, it seemed that you were lumping nationalism into the same category as the policy of Lebensraum (which is truly racist). If you understood nationalism in its historical context, you would understand that it's just about preserving one's identity and heritage. Most nationalists that I have met belong into the latter category. They don't hate other cultures, but they want to preserve their own ethnic heritage and argue that the main problem with multi-culturalism is that it blends cultures together and destroys thousands of years of heritage.

We all have our faults, and we don't always get things right. However, I think that your posts have too much of an arrogant tone, which detracts from a potentially intellectual conversation.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

To the person who said USA is light years ahead of the world.... hahaha no. I was actually reading a medical report from this doctor coalition thing that was in my dad's office and the US is 10years behind Europe in salt in food regulation to give an example of how far ahead we are. America's grandeur is an illusion crafted from its pompous exultation of itself since after the 70s.

Agreed. America is light years ahead in some things, such as freedom of speech and such. With regard to most things, though, America is and has been consistently 20 years behind its European counterparts, and soon China as well. We're still debating a stupid tiny small rail line between Tampa and Orlando, and China is taking up a project to link all of China to Europe by high-speed rail in 10 years.

That was an awfully long time ago, for one. For two, if we were talking about present times, you'd have found some more outliers. By and large, immigrating here is painful, expensive, and unless you have a college degree, practically impossible. Other countries in Europe have some serious problems with their immigration laws as well, but they at least have the European Union, allowing for the free movement of people. NAFTA doesn't allow that. So even though, say, Germany has worse laws than we do when it comes to this topic, they're still members of the EU.

To the people saying their cheap labor is good: No, it really isn't.

I don't think anyone is saying this, as I pointed out earlier:

What he/she did say, however, is that these people are being abused doing jobs for little money, and have very little legal protection because if they go to the law, they're out. Corporations know this, which is why they take advantage of this labor. Reforming the immigration system would give them the protections that they need, and end this abuse. This law does nothing of the sort, and it only exposes what remains of the GOP: old, white, xenophobic and racist people.

First of all they're withdrawing the money from our economy by sending it back to Mexico. Then they are not making minimum wage which beats out fair competition and lastly they don't pay taxes while illegal immigrants receive approximately $22 billion in social programs (CIS).

There are a lot of factual errors here. First of all, they are sending money into our economy. Deportation would reduce our GDP, whereas amnesty (or even the status quo) would add to it:

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2010/01/raising_the_floor.html

I normally don't like posting studies done outside of a university, but the same conclusions have been reached in the past. It's also why you'll never see the Federal government ever deporting them. Lindsey Graham has stated as much, it's not economically feasible, nor does it solve the problem.

http://americasvoiceonline.org/blog/entry/senator_graham_deporting_12_million_wont_work_need_a_comprehensive_imm/

Second, yeah they're not making minimum wage and are therefore more desirable. However, they're not really stealing American jobs.

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?article=the_real_economics_of_immigration_reform

And finally, they DO pay taxes. They also get a lot less of the same services that citizens who pay less in taxes than they do.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24054024/

and on the topic as a whole, this bill is likely unconstitutional. It removes 4th amendment protections.

"The law would require the police “when practicable” to detain people they reasonably suspected were in the country without authorization. It would also allow the police to charge immigrants with a state crime fornot carrying immigration documents. And it allows residents to sue cities if they believe the law is not being enforced."

Alright now I think I might be going crazy. I might be actually changing my stance on an issue. Why not do this.

Offer amnesty to any illegal aliens in the US.(This could pose a problem because if they get word in Mexico they will come flooding across the border)

^Exceptions are known criminals

Make all illegal aliens register

^ Those who don't if they are discovered will face penalties(ideas here (deportation makes no sense they'll just jump again))

^Give all these immigrants say a 2-3 month period to find some sort of job, part-time sweeping floors, "official" lemonade stand whatever*

*Those who do not meet these requirements will be deported and have to wait an allotted time before being allowed to come over and try again**

**When these people are deported they will be put into a database so if they are caught again they face the same penalties as those for not registering

I think it should be more complex than this but it appears that my compromising capacity has run out atm.

Also I think the Democrats are getting into my head o.0.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

You do realize that was in the 70s? You forget what happened in New York City in September 11, 2001 that closed everything off, making coming in here legally harder. Unskilled civilians disguised as terrorists weren't even a thought at those times?

Plus, how many Italians in the current age want to come to America? How many Mexicans? The immigration actually has a "limit" on how many people from what country can come here. Italians really weren't overcrowded in those lists.

You know how that would be fixed?

LEGALIZE THEM. They'll HAVE TO PAY TAXES if they're residents! Come on, it's not that [bleep]ing difficult. EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM concerning illegals and wasting American taxdollars will be eliminated IF we let them become residents. And they'll take it, don't think they won't. Those that won't take it ('cuz they don't want to pay taxes) are the criminals. Get that and understand that.

My family is Middle Eastern not Italian, the quota for Middle Eastern people back then was low and there many Middle Eastern people applying for American visas because the Christians diaspora'ed from the Middle East in the 70s.

And you can still evade taxes as a citizen and if you read the statistics in my last post, illegal immigrants who commit a criminal offense have a 98% of having already broken the law (not including illegally entering the country).

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Immigrants are fine, I welcome them. But illegal immigrants can crawl in a hole and die for all I care. Come here illegally and enjoy your stay. Whats the big deal with taking the test? Hell they give it in spanish now (something I don't think is right anyway). Illegals have no right to be here, kick them out. All of them.

This is truly pitiful coming a soldier. First of all you can't take a test because you're an unskilled nobody. Please read the last two pages. People aren't stupid. They'll much rather take a test than cross the desert and possibly die. I guess this is why the stereotype for marines are stupid because at this rate illegals seem smarter than Americans.

And if we want to give the world democracy and our lifestyle (aka the "good" side of the military), why can't we just open up our borders a bit and let them worry about getting here and working their way up. Much less work on our part and we stick to the great Republican's "Do it your [bleep]ing self" philosophy.

And you can still evade taxes as a citizen and if you read the statistics in my last post, illegal immigrants who commit a criminal offense have a 98% of having already broken the law (not including illegally entering the country).

I don't see this applies. If you've done a crime chances are you've already done a crime sometime before. Works for illegals, legals, humans in general.

Remember, people who want STAY here for good reason, won't do [cabbage] that makes them get kicked out.

siggy3s.jpg

This is truly pitiful coming a soldier. First of all you can't take a test because you're an unskilled nobody. Please read the last two pages. People aren't stupid. They'll much rather take a test than cross the desert and possibly die. I guess this is why the stereotype for marines are stupid because at this rate illegals seem smarter than Americans.

And if we want to give the world democracy and our lifestyle (aka the "good" side of the military), why can't we just open up our borders a bit and let them worry about getting here and working their way up. Much less work on our part and we stick to the great Republican's "Do it your [bleep]ing self" philosophy.

I don't see this applies. If you've done a crime chances are you've already done a crime sometime before. Works for illegals, legals, humans in general.

Remember, people who want STAY here for good reason, won't do [cabbage] that makes them get kicked out.

If you're saying he is unskilled, I'd like to see you say that if he put a nice tight cluster in your chest. And the reason we can't just open up our borders and sing kumba-ya is because there are people out there who want to kill us and will do almost anything to. Maybe you missed the whole crotch bomber episode? While not against us there have been cases where bombs have bee strapped to people in wheelchairs, women, children, anything they can think of and is remotely plausible. And you know I really wouldn't care if you wanted to help everyone in the world, I want what I do to be FOR me FROM me. I'm done now and I'm going to cool off, if there is one thing I cannot and will not tolerate, it is the degradation and insulting of our armed forces.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

If you're saying he is unskilled, I'd like to see you say that if he put a nice tight cluster in your chest. And the reason we can't just open up our borders and sing kumba-ya is because there are people out there who want to kill us and will do almost anything to. Maybe you missed the whole crotch bomber episode? While not against us there have been cases where bombs have bee strapped to people in wheelchairs, women, children, anything they can think of and is remotely plausible. And you know I really wouldn't care if you wanted to help everyone in the world, I want what I do to be FOR me FROM me. I'm done now and I'm going to cool off, if there is one thing I cannot and will not tolerate, it is the degradation and insulting of our armed forces.

I never said he was unskilled, I never said to completely open the border, and I will not tolerate the degradation and insulting of my parents by some cocky know-it-all.

siggy3s.jpg

You'll have to excuse me from reading through everyone post, but this bill disgusts me. Technically I'm not a resident of AZ but I've been living in AZ for almost three years now and I'll be here for at least another year. I understand the frustration with illegal immigration but this is not the right way to go about doing it. I don't have a better solution but this is going to lead to racial profiling. Honestly you can't seriously tell me you can tell someones residency status by looking at them, its a joke.

tFtfA.jpg

You'll have to excuse me from reading through everyone post, but this bill disgusts me. Technically I'm not a resident of AZ but I've been living in AZ for almost three years now and I'll be here for at least another year. I understand the frustration with illegal immigration but this is not the right way to go about doing it. I don't have a better solution but this is going to lead to racial profiling. Honestly you can't seriously tell me you can tell someones residency status by looking at them, its a joke.

Exactly, thats why we should wear National ID cards but that would be "unconstitutional" because you can be tracked or whatever the hell paranoid "rights" advocates claim. People who are "rights crazy" think its like the only way you can be tracked hahaha, I guess none of them have a computer, cellphone, credit card, car with navigation system, etc.

kaisershami.png

Exactly, thats why we should wear National ID cards but that would be "unconstitutional" because you can be tracked or whatever the hell paranoid "rights" advocates claim. People who are "rights crazy" think its like the only way you can be tracked hahaha, I guess none of them have a computer, cellphone, credit card, car with navigation system, etc.

If the American right wing convinced a huge part of the country that they couldn't afford the Healthcare reform that was passed how could the government ever justify spending huge amounts on a biometric ID card system that would be unfeasably expensive, difficult to enforce and which would just cause a general hassle to people going about their everyday lives.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

If the American right wing convinced a huge part of the country that they couldn't afford the Healthcare reform that was passed how could the government ever justify spending huge amounts on a biometric ID card system that would be unfeasably expensive, difficult to enforce and which would just cause a general hassle to people going about their everyday lives.

Because it is for the purpose of security and great many new jobs while social healthcare is basically an inefficient transfer of someone who has health care paying to a firm to someone paying increased taxes for an inefficient government program so they also decide to have private insurance and now the people who don't work have more incentive to work as now they have free money and health care given to them while effectively reducing competition, jobs and our status as a capitalist nation.

kaisershami.png

Why would anyone want to wear a National ID card? And why would I have to prove my citizenship to anyone by wearing a badge? Also are national security is the least of our problems right now.

tFtfA.jpg

Why would anyone want to wear a National ID card? And why would I have to prove my citizenship to anyone by wearing a badge? Also are national security is the least of our problems right now.

National security would keep people who aren't suppose to be in the US out. Furthermore workers visas should made easy for Mexican and Canadian nationals to apply for which will insure them minimum wage as long as they pay taxes.

kaisershami.png

Hmm, I think I'm quite against this bill. It is racial profiling, but I understand the point that it's only logical to go after Mexican people anyway. On the nightly news a Hispanic man talking about the bill was saying how it isn't fair that he'll have to explain to his grandkids that the reason he's being pulled over by cops is because of the color of his skin. And in essence, that's completely true. I understand that there are problems with illegal immigration but I don't think it's nearly as big a deal as some make it out to be. The process of legally becoming a citizen just needs to be reformed to become more fair and efficient.