How did YOU start clanning?

Ralph

Basically this thread is a very simple one. Take a bit of time and explain how you were introduced to the clan world, your first clan, and stuff like that. I'm not going to put coded questions that you have to follow, so just try to post a few sentences on how you first were introduced.

Well I personally founded DS started in W17 (the old 141) not going to lie lol. Don't care if that lowers your views or heightens them of me, 'cause that's where I came from. Started out trying clan wars with the basic "LOL U EAT NUUB" attitude when I was about level 50. At about level 70 I was introduced to a new clan (same day my hockey season ended so I still remember it, because we ended first in Ontario rofl) called KO Unit. I registered on their site because I wanted one of those CUUL RANKZ0RZ beside my name in the CC. From there I basically learned the very basics of warring, some strategy, binding and tanking, etc. Rose to about Council in that clan before quitting on a mass leave.

So yeah, your turn ;)

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was curious about clans so I decided to join the one my friend said he was in. It turns out he wasn't but oh well it was still worth trying out official clanning lol. If it wasn't cause of the clan world, I would of quit RS long time ago.

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010

I started out in w17 / in the wildy too, as a low level for a few years, just always out pking with teams and what we would call today, "open clan chats". Then got to know someone from Phoenix Elites who got me in, and I barely started over a week, after being asked to apply for VR. My FA app for VR of course got "put on hold" where I talked with their App Manager, and I was declined for not having good hours with their wars, and for lacking enough clan experience. So after I applied for other clans, but later got sick of them, decided to start my own clan Final Ko in late 2008, and here I am now =]

btw interesting topic :grin:

swasig.png

I met a friend training agil and we kept in touch. We liked to skill etc chat, then cc was released and he always had friends in there and they ended up making an RSB p2p clan.

I enjoyed it but I lost members and was interested in F2p clanning seeing as I was never extremely rich. 141 prod it up. Made my own clan was sick of lack of organization / lazyness and was impressed with other clans organization (IRC/Forums) join what I'll consider my First real clan.

Back when old wild was around I was curious about pking clans but never got around to applying to one :l

6590ew.jpg

Had an old friend who introduced me to an RSB clan in RSC. That never worked out too well. Later when RS2 came out, I tried going for clans once more and spammed w2. Someone from Empire of Falador (an old RSC clan that didn't live out well in RS2) found me and I joined. Eventually through there I joined The Death Squad, which was my first established clan on RSC who had just broken into the top 20...then later died 4 months after I joined.

Oh well!

hzvjpwS.gif

Sometime in 2005 I think I joined Evolution when I asked to join by Wulldar and Shakiiha who were in it. The leader was actually a RAW manager so I sort of skipped the whole RSB stage. I've been clanning ever since. At least I think it was my first clan either that or Legacy.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

One day my friend and I go Greater Demons in Wild and REV comes so we book it to what was CWA, and I had no idea.

Week later started going daily, and haven't stop since then until last August or so.

World 17 Clan Wars.

Joined DK as General, first "official" clan back at the Time.

Learned Alot.

Became a better beast, Lol.

van_sig.png

I was mining at Al Kharid mine some time in 2004 and a 'friend' who I had been selling Iron ore to for some cash told me about his clan called Dark Knights United and ask if I wanted to join.

... Never looked back since then.

2aj520j.gif

I Was doing my daily 141 trip and decided to join Soulja Melle 85+ clan. He came up to me and was like "add me" and I did. Week later he asked me to join his clan Souljaz. I joined and became the greatest, never looking back and improving myself everyday :)

61978436.png

warlordlol.gifCurrent Tempted Killers Council

It took me a while to get into clans, but back in early 2004... Not exactly sure how I ran into The Unbreakables, but it was a top 15 clan at the time... Warred clans like RR, BD, Mori, Wilderness Guardians, etc.. the first two used wars against us to propel into the top 10. The forums are still up after 6 years.. and every so often, people make random posts, which is really cool, cause it shows how tight knit a community we were. I still see some ex-members around, some holding high positions in clans like VR, DI (before it died), TRWF, Exodus etc.

Umm yeah.. not much to it.. but I miss those days!

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

First clan was TF (The Futures) as I was not high enough level to join THE. Heard about them through friends and on a fansite I frequented at the time (nomadgaming.com which is now shut down). What attracted me was the staple of a strong community and pretty much have never looked back since. Been my 1 and only clan really counting TF as a jr clan of THE. Before this I had honestly never gone out into the wild except to do a clue scroll so I was completely new to warring/pking.

flamesig.jpg

well for me it started out with a m8 of mine asking me at lesser demons if i wanted to join a clan. it was a p2p boss hunting clan and after a few months of working my way up i ended up leading it but getting fed up with how inactive people were. at this point in time fat one/igotmunnyz told me to join his clan which ended up being my first real clan but it failed completely i left it died then the whole process was repeated in his/my next clan, and then i joined envy. been m8s with a few of them for a while and ive been here ever since.

envy42.png

I was pking with some mates and i got invited to their clan, so i applied to 25th Legion and been clannin ever since.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

Pirates of Runescape was my first REAL clan, but it started in 2Mighty as a clanfriend :P

was in ni in old wild got invited by nox344 ,then I met rabisafee and hamtaro there , then they quit ni and made 2m so I joined.

gtfo everton:@

M on my Chest.

233zm9.png

While pking I became friends with some guy I had never met before, we stayed in touch for a couple of weeks after which he invited me to his not-yet-founded clan. I was a bit skeptic at first, but decided to join a bit later on. Things could have turned out way different if I didn't meet him on that time, day and place.

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

One day I thought since RS is a MMORPG, why should I not enjoy the game with everyone else? So I joined a clan, got kicked out for inactivity because I went on vacation on spring break like right after. Then I searched for another clan and here I am.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I played back in RSC and we did sort of mini clans with people from school and there would be 5 or 6 of us from each group that would fight each other, I suppose you could sort of call that a clan. :P

I'd say my first real clanning experience was just after RS2 was released and I went onto the RSB and checked out the clan section a few days when The British Legion caught my eye, I ended up joining there and making a few friends (we then went on to make The British Elites) But yeah I really got into clans purely by seeing a name that I thought was a good pride instilling one.

stefansigkr0.png

Proud Royal Knight of 'The' clan

forumsob8.pngmemberlistjn4.png

Click the Images :)

From w17 (the old w141). Got recruited into TR in 2008 by a general, and have stayed since. Worked my way up to council.

^ same as this W17 product, like 2 days after you? :P

Started out in 17 with a mate, he logged off thought I'd check out the other ccs. Started warring regularly with Invoker, joined forums cause I enjoyed it so I thought I might as well get ranked for it. And the rest as they say is History :D

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!