marijuana legalization - thoughts?

emers8529

i was just wondering...what is everybody's thoughts on legalizing marijuana in the states? will it help the economy? or will it remain the same.

my thoughts on it is that it will help the economy because it will get the living hell taxed out of it, and even without the taxing, selling the marijuana will bring in a helluva lot of money. so..leave your thoughts here :)

(idk if this is an ok topic to start or not, idk where to check. sorry if its not)

I like getting hard when I PK

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post in that thread clearly says to talk about drugs and the related crimes and laws.

Therefore this topic is encompassed by that thread and is discussed alot in there

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's pretty obvious it should be legal anyway. It hasn't been because the industry has been running the country (and especially more so now thanks to bush) and the corporate giants stand to lose a lot of money. Now with this revolution in america happening it should be legal sometime in the future, and hopefully other countries will follow suit.

It's pretty obvious it should be legal anyway. It hasn't been because the industry has been running the country (and especially more so now thanks to bush) and the corporate giants stand to lose a lot of money. Now with this revolution in america happening it should be legal sometime in the future, and hopefully other countries will follow suit.

The law of the land, the US forces others to adopt their laws like they're the world police.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

The law of the land, the US forces others to adopt their laws like they're the world police.

Or so most Americans seem to think.

In recent years most "radical" US law changes have been following the example set by UK and various other European nations, its just the way American media filters these things more often than not most Americans have no clue about these law changes elsewhere until after their law changes and the media goes yes we are being good like x y and z did while conveniently missing out the dates of when x y and z did it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't see a problem with having a seperate topic for this discussion.

As for your question... Whatever status makes it cheapest for the consumer is alright with me.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

The US can kiss Holland's but, coffee shops on every street corner in Amsterdam! [bleep] YEAH!

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I don't see a problem with having a seperate topic for this discussion.

As for your question... Whatever status makes it cheapest for the consumer is alright with me.

keeping it illegal will probably keep it cheapest, all tho you run the risk of getting caught + tickets + maybe jail time? idk, i never got caught. yet. ;)

kinda hard to weigh them out like that.

guess it just depends on your luck

kinda hard to tax something an idiot can grow out of his basement

ok, but SHOPS SELLING IT can tax it. it WILL get the hell taxed out of it when its legalized.

that's my point.. why would people pay so much more for something they can just buy from the neighborhood gardener?

kinda hard to tax something an idiot can grow out of his basement

ok, but SHOPS SELLING IT can tax it. it WILL get the hell taxed out of it when its legalized.

that's my point.. why would people pay so much more for something they can just buy from the neighborhood gardener?

good point. uhmm...maybe...i really dont know o.o

maybe the government will make a law that its only legal to buy from certified sellers, and those sellers have to tax it?

uhh..guess what u said b4 still makes what i just said not work D:

Yeah for medical use.

Oh hell just down right make it legal and watch everyone get bat[cabbage] stupid.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Of course marijuana should be legal. Shrooms should also be legal. I do not advocate for the legalization of all drugs, not yet at least; that is my end goal, though. However, I do advocate that ALL drugs, ALL, should be decriminalized. That's step one. Step two is to legalize drugs such as marijuana, psilocybin mushrooms, ecstasy and LSD/acid. The remainder of the drugs shouldn't be legalized outright, but should be decriminalized. Eventually, once the education of the American public about drugs has gotten better, the remainder should then be made legal.

Economically for it, Morally against it. If people could handle it, then I'd consider it to be an okay concept to legalize. But unfortuantly, there will always be [wagon]es ruining it for everyone else. I'm strictly against legalization. I'm sure most of OT knows this by now.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

where did i say for profit?

edit:

and even then, yeah it's still pretty easy. my friend's neighbor got busted for growing weed to sell. it's definitely not hard at all. it's only going to get easier once it's legal.

If all you want is a 10 inch white widow, sure, you can grow it. If however, you want some Sour Diesel, you need the lights, the hyd and the skills to keep it healthy.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Regarding the taxation of marijuana:

Will a lot of people grow it out of their basements/closets? Yes, and this should be legal so long as you have a license to do so. However, it's not going to be as big of a problem as you think, Shadow. Look, it's not that hard to brew your own beer, to roll your own cigarettes, or even to grow your own tobacco. So if none of these things are particularly difficult, especially rolling your own cigarettes, why are corporate alcohol and tobacco such lucrative businesses? Simple: people like convenience. This is observable in other areas as well. Why don't many people have their own gardens? Sure, a lot of people do, but by and large they buy at the grocery store or farmer's market.

Hell, why do people go to BARS rather than just buy beer/wine/liquor for their houses? Bars are very expensive, yet people still drink there. It's just for convenience, man.

And I know one thing is for sure, one thing that's in competition with convenience is legality, and most people are not going to risk their own skin obtaining the drug through illegal means when there's a damned corner store selling it over the counter.

where did i say for profit?

edit:

and even then, yeah it's still pretty easy. my friend's neighbor got busted for growing weed to sell. it's definitely not hard at all. it's only going to get easier once it's legal.

If all you want is a 10 inch white widow, sure, you can grow it. If however, you want some Sour Diesel, you need the lights, the hyd and the skills to keep it healthy.

haha ditch weed takes skills to grow bro! :P

sour dddddd <33333333333333