marijuana legalization - thoughts?

emers8529

but i dont think lsd or acid should.

lsd IS acid, and why shouldn't it be legal?

This actually interests me now.

What are the risks of LSD? What are the benefits? How does the trip compare to marijuana? Salvia?

If that seems confrontational sorry. I would just like to make an informed decision, because that is an interesting question. Why talk about marijuana just because it's popular?

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely because (I'm assuming) it's alot easier to die of an acid trip then a weed trip. And maybe acid is more addicting? Idk, I don't do tabs.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

but i dont think lsd or acid should.

lsd IS acid, and why shouldn't it be legal?

What are the risks of LSD? What are the benefits? How does the trip compare to marijuana? Salvia?

Risks:

1.) Psychosis. It's fairly rare to occur, but it can happen. It's much more likely if your family has a history. Some studies have also linked marijuana and the triggering of this, so, take that for what you will.

2.) Flashbacks. In my honest opinion these don't occur as often as people say. I think it's sensationalism, personally.

Those are the two MAJOR risks, other than making bad decisions whilst under the influence. I should note that another risk is knowing where the LSD came from. You need to know the person selling it to you, otherwise you could be given LSD made with other chemicals that have more risks than those listed. All of those risks would probably be gone completely if the drug was sold commercially; it's hard to get it in its pure form from drug dealers. It doesn't "put holes in your brain" like a lot of those anti-drug commercials state. It's also not addictive, on par with psilocybin mushrooms (as in it's not addictive at all). Contrary to popular thought in the drug world, marijuana is addictive; those two substances are not.

I wouldn't call being high on marijuana a trip, though lol. I've only really tripped on weed once, and I think it was laced with something. The room was spinning and the Earth was tilting back and forth. As to the trip itself, you just hallucinate, colors are more intense (like waves), noises are distorted, etc. A friend of mine claimed she saw purple hippos dancing inside of her fridge while on LSD.

On the topic of how you "process" marijunana, It isn't a matter of going to the plant and cutting a nugg off and hitting a bong. Once the plant has matured to the harvest time, my friend always cut the plant at the stem and hung it up to dry in a shed( I can't remember if he takes the leaves off or not or whats up with that). After it has dried he takes it down and trims it down to the individual buds and then packages it from there. IT'S THE SAME WITH TOBACCO.

I think Marijuana and Shrooms should be legal as they are no worse than booze/stogies. As aforementioned, no one dies from bud, and a lot of people die from booze.

Sicus Locum Para Bellum!

Most likely because (I'm assuming) it's alot easier to die of an acid trip then a weed trip. And maybe acid is more addicting? Idk, I don't do tabs.

You can't die from smoking weed

food and marijuana are both addictive; the difference is that food can kill you.

EDIT: 5000 posts icon_thumbsu.gif

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Well possession should be decriminalized. The maximum one can have on their person should be half a gram. Tax it 70%. I'm just contemplating how the DUI rates would go. DUI should constitute a suspension of ability to purchase marijuana and a second offense would warrant rehabilitation. Then again if this were allowed, other drugs should be more heavily regulated and a steady minimal increase of 1% tax per year on non-essential drugs should be issued, which I presume would eventually lead to the asphyxiation of the market.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I'm not for the legalization of marijuana. People say things like, "Well, alcohol and cigarettes are worse!", but you can't really compare marijuana to those two legal forms of drug use. Cigarettes don't alter your conscious state (except as a mood elevator). Alcohol is only legal because if it were illegal then crime would skyrocket, because of how easy it is to smuggle alcohol through to the US via Canadian and Mexican borders.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Half of a gram? Lol. Do you mean half of an ounce? That's a reasonable amount. It's plenty to smoke, and it removes any suspicion of intent to sell.

Alcohol is only legal because if it were illegal then crime would skyrocket, because of how easy it is to smuggle alcohol through to the US via Canadian and Mexican borders.

Have you noticed the Narco-state down south where the drug cartels have weapons stronger than the Mexican army (mostly due to America's lax gun laws which allowed Mexico to smuggle AK-47's and the like, which allowed them to take over military armories)? Have you also noticed that America consumes more drugs than any other nation per capita? Those drugs get here some how, matey. Al Capone didn't make his money smuggling alcohol cross-border; he made it right here at home.

Half of a gram? Lol. Do you mean half of an ounce? That's a reasonable amount. It's plenty to smoke, and it removes any suspicion of intent to sell.

Alcohol is only legal because if it were illegal then crime would skyrocket, because of how easy it is to smuggle alcohol through to the US via Canadian and Mexican borders.

Have you noticed the Narco-state down south where the drug cartels have weapons stronger than the Mexican army (mostly due to America's lax gun laws which allowed Mexico to smuggle AK-47's and the like, which allowed them to take over military armories)? Have you also noticed that America consumes more drugs than any other nation per capita? Those drugs get here some how, matey. Al Capone didn't make his money smuggling alcohol cross-border; he made it right here at home.

I agree with most of what you said, but I'm not sure what America's lax gun laws have to do with it exactly.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I agree with most of what you said, but I'm not sure what America's lax gun laws have to do with it exactly.

The Mexican drug cartels armed themselves by smuggling assault weapons across the border during president Bush's two terms because he didn't reinstate the assault weapons ban that was in place during Clinton. With this extra stock in weapons, they took on the military and raided their armories. Now they're armed with weapons that are on par with the military, and far outmatch the police forces. That's why the violence has kicked up so high down there. Of course the violence would still be there anyway, but they could be handled before. Now it's basically a narco-state.

A half a gram? <_<

Oops, I originally wrote .5kg but I backspaced and wrote it out but made it half a gram hahaha. I meant 500g but I want to retract that statement because that is a bit too much.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Risks:

1.) Psychosis. It's fairly rare to occur, but it can happen. It's much more likely if your family has a history. Some studies have also linked marijuana and the triggering of this, so, take that for what you will.

2.) Flashbacks. In my honest opinion these don't occur as often as people say. I think it's sensationalism, personally.

Psychosis is really the only issue, and it's rare. Even when it does happen it's rarer again for it to be anything over a couple hours.

Flashbacks caused by acid is a myth. It's possible to have a flash back of any highly emotional experience, and it's rare.

If that seems confrontational sorry. I would just like to make an informed decision, because that is an interesting question. Why talk about marijuana just because it's popular?

lsd is nothing short of life changing, it's amazing. It's the only illegal drug I'd recommend to anyone as a 1 or 2 off thing, as long as they read up about it first and do it in a peaceful environment with a sober friend.

Psychosis is the only real risk as long as you do it properly, and even then it's more likely that you get into a car crash tomorrow.

Salvia isn't really a trip, more of a mind [bleep]. A new reality.

Pot is meh. I've done it a couple times but I probably won't again.

wrong, but if that's what you think then lol

I know a few pot growers, and I'm about to start growing tobacco. I know they're pretty damn similar. If you think there's a big difference then explain.

The Mexican drug cartels armed themselves by smuggling assault weapons across the border during president Bush's two terms because he didn't reinstate the assault weapons ban that was in place during Clinton. With this extra stock in weapons, they took on the military and raided their armories. Now they're armed with weapons that are on par with the military, and far outmatch the police forces. That's why the violence has kicked up so high down there. Of course the violence would still be there anyway, but they could be handled before. Now it's basically a narco-state.

Source?

After all, I somehow find it hard to believe that it was more convenient to smuggle weapons out of the US (no matter how lax gun controls are) instead of importing from China/Russia and ex-Soviet Bloc states, especially considering the fact that I'm quite sure Ak-47's and the 7.62 is more common that the NATO 5.56 and it's associated assault weapons.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

After all, I somehow find it hard to believe that it was more convenient to smuggle weapons out of the US (no matter how lax gun controls are) instead of importing from China/Russia and ex-Soviet Bloc states, especially considering the fact that I'm quite sure Ak-47's and the 7.62 is more common that the NATO 5.56 and it's associated assault weapons.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4695848&page=1

http://www.brookings.edu/reports/2008/~/media/Files/rc/reports/2008/1124_latin_america_partnership/1124_latin_america_partnership.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/us/26borders.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28880483/

http://cbs13.com/national/mexico.us.guns.2.947011.html

Etc, etc etc.

Of course making our gun laws stronger now wouldn't make much of a difference now that they have access to the Mexican army's armories...

I don't think you understand how lax our gun laws are lol.

This is a gem.

No thats an Illegal.

Also Alcohol is legal because its part of our western culture. How do we celebrate? Drink to it!

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Of course I think it should be legal. The only reason it shouldn't is because a lot of the painkillers would go out of business.

When I'm high, I'm not stupid, I'm not tripping (unless you count dimmed vision as a trip), I'm not out of my mind. I'm more relaxed, I have more fun, and I can still easily think logically. I had no impaired judgement at all. There's nothing more annoying than someone who thinks marijuana will cause you to do stupid things that you wouldn't normally do. Except maybe this.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4695848&page=1

http://www.brookings.edu/reports/2008/~/media/Files/rc/reports/2008/1124_latin_america_partnership/1124_latin_america_partnership.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/us/26borders.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28880483/

http://cbs13.com/national/mexico.us.guns.2.947011.html

Etc, etc etc.

Of course making our gun laws stronger now wouldn't make much of a difference now that they have access to the Mexican army's armories...

I don't think you understand how lax our gun laws are lol.

I was wrong. I guess I just don't didn't understand exactly how lax the laws were. It just seemed so impossible as not to warrant further investigation.

This is a gem.

Let's make murder, rape, and arson legal - there'd be less crime.

I'm for legalization and quality regulation similar to other drugs. Tobacco taxes based on health costs can apply here too.

This is a gem.

No thats an Illegal.

Also Alcohol is legal because its part of our western culture. How do we celebrate? Drink to it!

Cannabis goes back way further than alcohol. In the USA the first law related to the stuff was ordering farmers to grow industrial hemp.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

This is a gem.

No thats an Illegal.

Cannabis goes back way further than alcohol. In the USA the first law related to the stuff was ordering farmers to grow industrial hemp.

my stepdads old boss lives on a farm that used to be a hemp farm :thumbsup:

I like getting hard when I PK