A Second Bonus Week

Grimy_Bunyip

Not needed, why would jagex put a double exp gain in a game with high-scores? In my eyes, it ruins the whole competitive atmosphere that RS has. -.-

Explain? Seeing as how everyone has an equal shot at the double exp during this period of time, the competitiion is not unfairly distributed. Anyone who has a 99 and a rank in it can continue training it on double exp day to stay the same distance ahead of the people underneath them as they were before the double exp weekend, or simply get a one up and train another skill for double exp.

Other than it being hard to buy materials off the GE, there is no downside to this. People who dislike the idea are simply very self-minded. So far I've seen "Well I won't be able to afford or buy anything off the GE!" and "I don't want to be stressed about having to collect materials so I can train the skill of choice on the double exp weekend!"

Tough. If you want the exp in that skill of choice, you'll find a way to train it on the weekend, otherwise you train something else. What "stresses" you out (something that is not mandatory but you seem to think it is) will help out many other people in the process. There's no need to be greedy.

And this is someone talking who has many, many 99s. I don't care if it "devalues" my 99s. Why should I have reason to be so bitter and unfriendly towards an idea that makes unbearable grinding just a little more bearable?

I don't believe it devalues 99s, I believe that it is unnecessary, RS has gone for 10 years without a double EXP weekend, it just seems, well, pointless and in a way, insulting to people who grinded those levels before this; obviously new content introduces new ways of training that is faster, but that is new content, where as this is a one-off weekend.

When dungeoneering was released, there was a huge runecrafting glitch, allowing people to get huge amounts of EXP in a short amount of time, this was promptly fixed and even given a rollback.

How is that different from the double EXP weekends?

You're comparing the rc glitch in dungeoneering to the exp weekend? Really?

I am, how are they any different? In both you gain(ed) lots of EXP in a short amount of time with it being a one-off(unless, of course, they make another weekend.)

Perhaps because the weekend was deliberate, and a glitch wasn't? Or maybe that There's a difference between 2.7x XP, and 10,000x XP

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make it for like farming.

That really needs some help and its not like you can abuse it since you can only plant trees like once a day.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I really hope they ditch this idea.

So unfair.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Loved the bonus xp weekend (btw, it was "bonus" xp....not "double"), hope they have another.

I only have 1 99 skill (range). Does not bother me in the least that people could chin to 99 during the bonus xp weekend and get 99 much cheaper than I did. That is part of the game. No big deal.

Did the weekend devalue my only 99? Not to me it didn't. I didn't get 99 range to "show off" or as a "status symbol". I got it to help me while I play RS.

If you really use 99s as "status symbols", then RS is WAY too important in your life. I think some people lose sight of the fact that RS is a GAME. Play it. Enjoy it. Have fun. If you worry about "status symbols" and "rank", you need a new hobby.

Lord_Porus.png

Not needed, why would jagex put a double exp gain in a game with high-scores? In my eyes, it ruins the whole competitive atmosphere that RS has. -.-

Explain? Seeing as how everyone has an equal shot at the double exp during this period of time, the competitiion is not unfairly distributed. Anyone who has a 99 and a rank in it can continue training it on double exp day to stay the same distance ahead of the people underneath them as they were before the double exp weekend, or simply get a one up and train another skill for double exp.

Other than it being hard to buy materials off the GE, there is no downside to this. People who dislike the idea are simply very self-minded. So far I've seen "Well I won't be able to afford or buy anything off the GE!" and "I don't want to be stressed about having to collect materials so I can train the skill of choice on the double exp weekend!"

Tough. If you want the exp in that skill of choice, you'll find a way to train it on the weekend, otherwise you train something else. What "stresses" you out (something that is not mandatory but you seem to think it is) will help out many other people in the process. There's no need to be greedy.

And this is someone talking who has many, many 99s. I don't care if it "devalues" my 99s. Why should I have reason to be so bitter and unfriendly towards an idea that makes unbearable grinding just a little more bearable?

You should be bitter and unfriendly because it makes the 99s you got without it easier, at least, that's how I interpret what those who complain about it means.

I don't see why all those with many 99s should actually care about the exp weekends or not. I've got 8 99s, 1 of which was due to help on the previous exp weekend. Of course, that means I've done Attack, Fishing, HP, Strength, Defence, Woodcutting and Slayer with an exp weekend. Am I resentful to those who go a boost in those skills because of the exp weekend? No. I got them because I enjoyed it. I didn't do those skills for "prestige" or anything, I just like having a goal in the game, gives me something to aim for.

Would I have liked a boost whilst training those skills? Yes, I would have, just because it makes it slightly faster (though what, it would have saved me 1 or 2 days? And that's like pissing in the ocean for the 5 months it took me for Slayer)

Like Outsanity, I believe that it just makes grinding a little more bearable. Sure, in the case of Summoning, it supposedly "saved" a lot of time gathering charms, but you were training other skills during that, so what difference does it make? You'll just use a different method to train those skills if needed.

In the end, it doesn't devalue the skills I have obtained. Has chinning (I've not used this method) devalued my 97 (Aiming for 99) Range? No, it has not. It still has the same personal value to me, which is all that matters in the end. To those of you complaining it devalues 99s you already have (several 99s preferred) can you honestly say that 99s mean as much to you now as when you got your first few? Sure, perhaps it does throw the G.E. out of balance for a few weeks, but you really can go collect resources yourself in time, usually, or you can suck it up and pay the extra to save time, which can then be used to make back some of what you "lost".

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

People use the economy to support and downtalk any issues on runescape, Personally, I enjoyed bonus weekend, i DON'T CARE what effect it had on the economy, it was the first time i spent 5 or 6 hours grinding a skill and ENJOYED it. in years.

99 were "undervalued" the day jagex added macros in the form of make x to the game. Dont get all whiney and elitist because your cape was devalued for a weekend if someone played die hard and smart for 4-6 hours because from my standpoint, your 99's are macro'ed if they were done with a make x. infact, the longer you have had the cape, the cheaper you got it for anyway, making double xp weekend people STILL PAY MORE.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I think if they'd make another bonus exp weekend they should consider only doing a few skills leaving most buyable skills out, I'd say agillity, mining, wcing, dungeoneering, runecrafting and hunting are good candidates. The advantage gotten by the certain players who will play this certain weekend will be significantly less if you don't include skills which normally cost heaps of cash (e.g. herblore) or heaps of cash and time (e.g. summoning, gathering charms before the weekend). Also if you only use the skills I named previously, you will have a significantly less influence on the economy, ofcourse some items will go down after and up before (e.g. rune essence and runes), but this can't be compared to the out of proportion prices of herbs and summoning seconds before the update.

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

Okay, so you argue that buyable skills should be left out because it "saves" people money and such.. Now I argue why you only want those certain skills left in? It saves people time and in the end saves money since the time they used can be used for moneymaking. Say you save around 10 hours on a skill. Making 500k an hour, that's gained 5 million for that person. When before they wouldn't have got that.

EDIT: Although that 10 hours is off..I can't be bothered doing the math again..I might be able to find it somewhere.

EDIT2: Nope, it's lost, I recall that if you trained for only the time you hit the lowest modifier, you saved around 4-5 hours.

Edited by Sworddude198

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Okay, so you argue that buyable skills should be left out because it "saves" people money and such.. Now I argue why you only want those certain skills left in? It saves people time and in the end saves money since the time they used can be used for moneymaking. Say you save around 10 hours on a skill. Making 500k an hour, that's gained 5 million for that person. When before they wouldn't have got that.

EDIT: Although that 10 hours is off..I can't be bothered doing the math again..I might be able to find it somewhere.

These skills require way less money which means that a significantly less (I know i'm "only" using utilistic arguments) amount of people will feel disadvantaged since cash is something some people are able to aquire really fast while for other people this will take ages. And if you are the one making amounts like 200m in 5 hours, a buyable without bonus exp wouldn't be a problem now would it?

sig2fk1.png

Wouldn't more people feel disadvantaged that they can't use their money a little more on bonus exp for some skills however?

After all, it's likely the money would go further for some skills.

Why would they feel disadvantaged? They might not be pleased but this is only because they would have wanted to raise their buyables instead of other skills. The only players that will arguably be disadvantaged are people who have lower levels in the skills I named and therefore have less possibilities to train.

sig2fk1.png

Wouldn't more people feel disadvantaged that they can't use their money a little more on bonus exp for some skills however?

After all, it's likely the money would go further for some skills.

Why would they feel disadvantaged? They might not be pleased but this is only because they would have wanted to raise their buyables instead of other skills. The only players that will arguably be disadvantaged are people who have lower levels in the skills I named and therefore have less possibilities to train.

Or people who aren't able to amass enough charms before the weekend swings around. Summoning is the skill most affected by bonus weekends.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Main reason I hate the skilling weekend is it makes supplies for anything completely unbuyable and if I wanna train a buyable skill (which of course I do) I'm not going to have the money for it. Rich people are.

On the first bonus weekend, I was pretty annoyed by the fact that I could not buy a single thing once it was announced. I had to collect EVERYTHING just to go pk for some money, or do some GWD for some money. I was trying to make money for 95 pray at the time and all.

It really benefits the people who are rich though and can make money easily because they don't have a problem getting their supplies. Meanwhile I'm struggling to make money (GWD/TD luck is terrible right now with massive dry streaks) and so something that I'm going to want to train (probably summoning/herb/crafting or something) won't be possible.

Even if I had money for that I don't think I would approve of this. Everything gets bought out and it just gets really annoying.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Uhm question for those who like such a weekend:

why not make everything in RS give you always twice as much xp?

That certainly wouldn't be too far-fetched from the bonus xp weekend, and only be fairer for everyone (who for example can't log in at weekends).

you say this devaluates 99's? - Well so do bonus xp weekends, they work exactly the same (especially when hold regularly, like more than once a year)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

That certainly wouldn't be too far-fetched from the bonus xp weekend, and only be fairer for everyone (who for example can't log in at weekends).

you say this devaluates 99's? - Well so do bonus xp weekends, they work exactly the same (especially when hold regularly, like more than once a year)

3-6-9 days of bonus xp per year vs 365 days of bonus xp per year is not on the same scale.

99s are never devaluated, only the opinion of people on their "status".

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Uhm why is 9 days different from 365? - It seems so arbritrary to "just choose some days where you can earn more xp". - Just do it always, or at special opportunities (last weekend I saw as "something to make the market clear for a new skill ")

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

If we get another bonus weekend this year, I will be making it a habit to hoard and never use my charms in anticipation of these weekends. I'll probably do the same for herblore. I'm actually already starting to hoard summoning seconds since reading this thread.

And that's really sad.

dgs5.jpg

If we get another bonus weekend this year, I will be making it a habit to hoard and never use my charms in anticipation of these weekends. I'll probably do the same for herblore. I'm actually already starting to hoard summoning seconds since reading this thread.

And that's really sad.

Nobody is forcing you to do it. Your doing it of your own free will yet complaining about being forced to participate.

And that's really sad.

3-6-9 days of bonus xp per year vs 365 days of bonus xp per year is not on the same scale.

99s are never devaluated, only the opinion of people on their "status".

The scale is irrelevant. The point is, there's no reason to make the majority of the game easier for a selective period of time. If anything, I'd prefer doubling experience all the time, since having it be exclusive to certain weekends is unfair to many players who don't play at those times. It also creates this attitude of "should I save something in case the weekend comes soon?"

Simply doubling experience, or even tripling experience, is probably better for Runescape that bonus weekends.

And that's really sad.

Nobody is forcing you to do it. Your doing it of your own free will yet complaining about being forced to participate.

And that's really sad.

But it'd be much less work and money to simply hoard my charms, so why wouldn't I do it if I knew to expect another bonus weekend within a reasonable amount of time? One of the clinches of MMOs is that you do feel forced to do certain things, and bonus exp weekends are one of those things (many MMOs have them regularly).

Are there any skills that you do not enjoy doing? Do you train those skills? Why? Because you feel that you have to.

And that's really sad. :rolleyes:

dgs5.jpg

A second bonus weekend? That would be nice.

I don't see how people are against this though. It's not like you're forced to participate in those. <_<

The more exp weekends they make the harder it is going to be to solo gwd

too bad exp weekend will be useless for dungeoneering cept for cape/rank chasers