Cars

Atom Smash40

Love me a range rover sport. It's the car I hope to get in a few years after uni/getting a career! Until then, I have a license, but no car. Need to look into finding one. :mellow:

I assume you're studying something pretty difficult then. If this forum exists and you're still here when you've gotten one, i'll call you Mr.Chelsea tractor lol.

I'd get one of these tho (girl included):

[spoiler=Defender]defender-90.jpg

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

she looks old....

and range rovers are stupid status symbols. better to get a pocket rocket and blow all that cash on it and make it so it can smoke ferraris AS WELL AS being a DD.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

• 3 months later...

edit

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Yeah, there's the Lancer, which is the car I'm going for when I finish paying my student loan, which will probably only take a year or 2 to pay, or you could do like me and have a Toyota Echo as first car, mine is 2002, might not be a sports car, but it's manual and beats my brother's civic hands down on the performance side. Also a 6 speakers sound system, which is pretty nice. Only problem is finding one within your specifications as for how new it is, as it's been a few years they didn't make them. For durability I find it's one of the best, seeing as mine is 275k Km with 2 accidents and still rolling like new. Almost never needed repairs either.

Other than that, there's some Subaru's that look pretty good as well.

Hi i know this really isn't a major car thread but i thought i would post on it instead of cluttering the forums..

I'm getting my license this winter and if i keep a 95 average my mom promised to get a new car to share with her (she never goes out so it would be mine at night). it has to be new, under 30k, automatic, and have 4 doors. it does not matter if it is a sedan or SUV.

I'm looking for something sporty and high-tech with a good stock sound system (not really my main concern though). some horsepower and expandability would be nice. i need recommendations

these cars are out of question (mainly because every kid in my school has one or my close friends have them):

jeep anything

suby anything

pontiac anything

honda civic

dodge calibur

nissan xterra/rogue

I looked at the mazda rx-8 (technically 4 door) and it seemed like a pretty sweet car. the mazda3 grandtouring also is very high tech and within my price limits. i looked at mitsubishi lancer online and theres a huge price gap between models (it jumps from 26,000 to 32,000 or something) but i really didn't look at any other cars. i'm sure some of you have suggestions.

Mazda 3 has been on my watch list too- but we just lost our Mazda dealer a year ago. Do you live somewhere where you'd want AWD/4WD for snow?

A Honda Fit is the other one I've been looking at as a cheap car. Anyone have any experience with it? I'm really limited to Subaru, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Honda, and Toyota by my location.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

the problem with subaru is that my best friend has (his own) legacy with top of the line options so it would be weird if i got one. i'm also thinking about a dodge charger but i heard that they have a lot of blind spots from the drivers seat.. which is something to consider since i'll be a new driver. and yes 4/awd would be something to consider. RWD cars are basically a no-no here for the winter.. we got whacked with 3 18+in storms last year.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

range_rover_sport_le.jpg

Love me a range rover sport. It's the car I hope to get in a few years after uni/getting a career! Until then, I have a license, but no car. Need to look into finding one. :mellow:

Had one til a few months ago. Wicked unreliable and pricey. I think it cost like 80k+, and repairing it cost a ton too

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

As I was walking around downtown last weekend I saw a guy hop into one of these

aston-martin-db9s-by-project-kahn3.jpg

I had my ipod on pretty loud and my "muddle under my breath" turned out to be pretty loud because after saying "[rooster] sucker" he flipped me off and drove away. Not only does he own the coolest car in the world (jealous) but he also flipped me off (angry) - we are now worst enemies.

I've only seen one Aston Martin in person before. My friend and I were walking through D.C. and we just saw a DBS parked on the side of the road. Both being huge Aston Martin fans, we stopped to admire the thing for a good five minutes haha. The caps were playing a game just down the street so we assumed one of the players owned it; I mean, who else in the area would own a goddamn $200,000 car?

wl7w9j.png

the problem with subaru is that my best friend has (his own) legacy with top of the line options so it would be weird if i got one. i'm also thinking about a dodge charger but i heard that they have a lot of blind spots from the drivers seat.. which is something to consider since i'll be a new driver. and yes 4/awd would be something to consider. RWD cars are basically a no-no here for the winter.. we got whacked with 3 18+in storms last year.

Honestly Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep isn't quite up to speed yet as far as reliability, the only American company there IMHO is Ford, with Chevy not far behind. I'd definitely say go for the AWD (second choice, FWD) as you're a new driver and you will be driving in the snow. Subaru's are big here for a reason- they're reliable, look decent, don't cost a fortune, and are great in the snow. If my budget wasn't limited to below ~20k that's where I would be looking. Who cares if your friend has one. ;)

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know the practicality of MINIs? Ever since I watched the Italian Job, I've always wanted to feel what it's like to drive a MINI on steroids...

:blink:

from what i've read on mini's they have handling and breaking that rivals that of a porsche

Does anyone know the practicality of MINIs? Ever since I watched the Italian Job, I've always wanted to feel what it's like to drive a MINI on steroids...

Nice bump...Somebody doesn't like my commuting thread -.-

Jking. I'm doing a reasearch on smart cars and THOSE are the pure example of the smallest cars you'll ever see. Much smaller than MINIs.

Apparently Minis have a pretty bad gas mileage.

Just over 30mpg is fairly good for a small car with that much weight and power. Smart cars and the upcoming Fiat 500 both get right around 40mpg, but are smaller and designed to be low-mpg cars. Honestly, if there was an AWD version I'd look into the Mini. I see no problem with it for anyone else in the country, except for the distance between dealers and therefore a possible maintenance issue.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

I have a Toyota Echo 2002, still runs like a new car, so I'm a hell of a lucky guy. 266k Km

[hide]15rd00w.jpg

2ryhe9e.jpg[/hide]

Wow I only drove 13k Km since last april, surprised it's not more.

Just over 30mpg is fairly good for a small car with that much weight and power. Smart cars and the upcoming Fiat 500 both get right around 40mpg, but are smaller and designed to be low-mpg cars. Honestly, if there was an AWD version I'd look into the Mini. I see no problem with it for anyone else in the country, except for the distance between dealers and therefore a possible maintenance issue.

The stereotype of small cars = good mileage is completely invalid.

Ferrari makes fast but very small cars and their mileage is lower than a Hummer (which is infamous for having one of the worst fuel economy ever). It all depends on the engine size.

The stereotype of small cars = good mileage is completely invalid.

Ferrari makes fast but very small cars and their mileage is lower than a Hummer (which is infamous for having one of the worst fuel economy ever). It all depends on the engine size.

No. Fuel milage is a combination of many things, including, but not limited to: weight, horsepower, engine efficiency, aerodynamics, gear ratios, manual vs. automatic, driving habits, air temperature, altitude, etc.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

Mini are bringing out the Mini Countryman which is pretty much a cross between a Mini Cooper and a Clubman which supposedly has AWD as one of the optional extras.

The body styling is a bit different, more similar to the clubman, which I don't think is as nice looking as the Cooper.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Mini are bringing out the Mini Countryman which is pretty much a cross between a Mini Cooper and a Clubman which supposedly has AWD as one of the optional extras.

The body styling is a bit different, more similar to the clubman, which I don't think is as nice looking as the Cooper.

Have to agree, it's quite ugly.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

I'm not a huge fan of the new mini's at all. Firstly because they really aren't mini at all. They have the same rough shape as an old mini, but they are so much larger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqCeoKTHFtM

Secondly they feel to me as a bandwagon car. People get them because it's a Mini, not because it's a car they like, just because it has the name.

There are MUCH better small cars out there at the moment.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^