Oldest clans?

Vio

Ok looking to make a list of the oldest SURVIVING clans in RuneScape. Off the top of my head I know these 3:

The Sabres (Pre-Runescape)

"THE" Clan (Pre-Runescape)

Blacknights - Jan 2001

RuneScape Dinasty - Jan/Feb 2001

Gladz - Feb 2001

Wilderness Guardians - Dec 2003

Go! :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't RSD close and was remade? I'm not sure they were around continuously since 2001.

Cor is pretty old (I want to say during Classic?), but I don't have an exact year. EoS has been open since November 2004 I believe, so a fairly long time, but still on the new side compared to those clans.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

RsD has its roots in RSC but they did close for a year or two so I'm not sure if they should count?

Clans that I see today that I saw back in the day ('04, when I started clanning) -- The Sabres, 'The', Gladz, Jagz, The Mighty Red Dragons (other TA, I think they're still alive), BK, Corruption, TRWF, EoS, RsD, Lithuanian Forces (which I wouldn't really consider a "country clan" cause it has its roots in times where no such things existed), Exercitum, Dragonwood, Moriquendi, Wilderness Guardians... I think I got them all..

Edit: wait... looking at runehead, it seems as though TMRD has a "final list" and may actually be dead?

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

The Sabres don't really count :| if they did, they would be the oldest

I'd be interested to know why you don't think they count.

Because they died/reopened

Because they died/reopened

I didn't think they officially closed but instead went community for a bit.

hzvjpwS.gif

By all means ask many of the older members of clanning. Sabres have split before as well as having closed due to issues within the clan. When they split it was a break up of the original clan and it was only really after that it was claimed to still be Sabres (probably to hold onto the title). I am speaking for what I have been told of course by multiple sources who were active during this time. They will claim they have not but MANY members from multiple old-school clans can vouch for different circumstances. Sure they are the oldest clan to have ever been involved with Runescape however I believe it would be safe to say that the oldest ACTIVE clan would belong to someone else.

Heck THE has been in the top 5 longer than most clans have been alive. It is only in recent years that Gladz BK and THE dropped out of that rank. I dont believe anyone can question the longevity of any of those 3 though. They all have stayed active and pretty much have not fallen below at least top 30 overall.

flamesig.jpg

Heck THE has been in the top 5 longer than most clans have been alive. It is only in recent years that Gladz BK and THE dropped out of that rank.

:thumbup:

I dont believe anyone can question the longevity of any of those 3 though. They all have stayed active and pretty much have not fallen below at least top 30 overall.

:thumbup:

Those three clans pretty much define 'old school' when it comes to clanning. No one can compete with them in that regard.

I would say RsD too maybe, but the fact is that they did disband for a year or two, and the clan itself today seems like completely new blood.. do they even have any old members left?

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

The Moriquendi is about 5/6 years old from July 5th 2004. (it was called "Dark Elves of Mirkwood" back then)

WOW.... I remeber reading that from Tielhawk when she showed that to me.... it was like... a LONG time ago...

Mori.... good short memories... :thumbup:

Sigma NU

MOST Anticipated but still underrated

Silent Ember

• 2 weeks later...

By all means ask many of the older members of clanning. Sabres have split before as well as having closed due to issues within the clan. When they split it was a break up of the original clan and it was only really after that it was claimed to still be Sabres (probably to hold onto the title). I am speaking for what I have been told of course by multiple sources who were active during this time. They will claim they have not but MANY members from multiple old-school clans can vouch for different circumstances. Sure they are the oldest clan to have ever been involved with Runescape however I believe it would be safe to say that the oldest ACTIVE clan would belong to someone else.

Heck THE has been in the top 5 longer than most clans have been alive. It is only in recent years that Gladz BK and THE dropped out of that rank. I dont believe anyone can question the longevity of any of those 3 though. They all have stayed active and pretty much have not fallen below at least top 30 overall.

Lol. The Sabres havent closed ever, although spilts between the Light and Dark Sabres occured, you can read the history on their forums. Thesabreclan.com. They have never officially closed, but have gone from the spot light due to things changing in the clan world, pvp, etc. They are still active in the sense of having events and an active community.

Anyone who says that the Sabres closed has been mis-informed. Just because you dont hear from a clan doesnt mean that it doesnt exist or has closed. Due to some of the leaders of the past, they did not really care about what the clan world thought or etc, so they didnt do much warring. However, they did have pk trips, albeit smaller. But there has always been people there and events happening, whether or not they had new recruits or were losing, they were always struggling in existence.

And btw, this spilt happened between members of the Sabres who were following after each other, but I believe that they were remerged, never has the Sabres ceased to exist.

Lynx

Lol. The Sabres havent closed ever, although spilts between the Light and Dark Sabres occured, you can read the history on their forums. Thesabreclan.com. They have never officially closed, but have gone from the spot light due to things changing in the clan world, pvp, etc. They are still active in the sense of having events and an active community.

Anyone who says that the Sabres closed has been mis-informed. Just because you dont hear from a clan doesnt mean that it doesnt exist or has closed. Due to some of the leaders of the past, they did not really care about what the clan world thought or etc, so they didnt do much warring. However, they did have pk trips, albeit smaller. But there has always been people there and events happening, whether or not they had new recruits or were losing, they were always struggling in existence.

And btw, this spilt happened between members of the Sabres who were following after each other, but I believe that they were remerged, never has the Sabres ceased to exist.

Lynx

So then you are not sure about it either judging from words used like "believe"? I have personally heard the history from multiple sources stemming from old THE, BK, and other people who were active during the older times and all have confirmed it. You claim that the sabres have never closed but do you personally have any proof to show otherwise? It seems like this is going to be a topic where sides will simply agree to disagree.

The big problem lies in the fact that The Sabres have not been a presence enough to back up the claims of never having closed unlike other old school clans.

flamesig.jpg

Lynx

So then you are not sure about it either judging from words used like "believe"? I have personally heard the history from multiple sources stemming from old THE, BK, and other people who were active during the older times and all have confirmed it. You claim that the sabres have never closed but do you personally have any proof to show otherwise? It seems like this is going to be a topic where sides will simply agree to disagree.

The big problem lies in the fact that The Sabres have not been a presence enough to back up the claims of never having closed unlike other old school clans.

that pretty much^, i personally havent seen u fight in a while. I know your more p2p but still havent heard of any of the p2p teams/clans fighting you ect... like if ur talking about going community then u can rank tmrd up there. I dont have the facts to back up what i say, then again do you have ur facts?

bkleader.png