The Legend of Zelda Thread

Tacos

I've played all the games in the series, except Majora's Mask and the two Oracles. Though I only played Wind Waker a little bit before my GC got stolen. My favorite (probably just for the nostalgia factor) is the original, which I bought and beat in '86. I think one of the best in the series that doesn't get much credit is Minish Cap...I really enjoyed the whole game. The two recent DS games (Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) have been very under-whelming for me. I can't really put my finger on why, but they just don't hold my interest. Maybe it's due to the fact that you travel the overworld by boat/train rather than wander around? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the series. I (jokingly) tried to convince my wife to use "Tri-force" as our son's middle name...LOL

Quite honestly, i0d name my daughter of Zelda or Samus and have my son's middle name Zora, i really think they are great names. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this thread probably won't get much activity for the next ~25 days, I figured I'd post some Zelda humor :thumbup:

Link's Awakening

[hide=If you haven't played Link's Awakening but plan on doing so, don't read this. Huge plot spoiler.]

zeldapaint09.JPG

[/hide]

Ocarina of Time

[hide=Another spoiler, but if you're in the Zelda thread and haven't played Ocarina of Time then something is wrong.]

RIVERCOM.jpg

[/hide]

wl7w9j.png

I lol'd at the ocarina of time one, the other one was, meh.

Hope that we get some sort of little thing before E3.

And at E3 i want

-An idea of the plotline

-Wii motion plus or not

-The name of the game

-Smexy concept art

-A trailer/demo

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

I just got an emulator for Ocarina of time, and I'm going to play it through... first time was forever ago at a friend.

Does anyone not love the music?

I was reminded of one of my favorite boss fights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eumgH9Srq3U

Game of Giant Whack-a-Dragon anyone?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

[hide=Another spoiler, but if you're in the Zelda thread and haven't played Ocarina of Time then something is wrong.]

RIVERCOM.jpg

[/hide]

Should I be ashamed that I was planing to do just that later this week?

No, it's just that it is the most famous one. Famous doesn't mean best guys. I mean FFVII was the most famous FF and it's not the best.

I love Zelda games!@ My favorite ones are "Majora's Mask" and after that "The Wind Waker" which was different then a lot of the zelda games, but it was vast and the controls and fights were quite nice. The music for zelda is also unbeatable =D, I should put it on my ipod now that I think of it....

Also my runescape username(evillink1234) was inspired by zelda and I also just changed my display name recently to "Zoralink" ftw! =D

Pic: [hide]ZoraLink.JPG[/hide]

We do not quit playing because we grow old we grow old because we quit playing.

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

2mhc00i.png

• 2 weeks later...

The title of the new game and some proof is within the following hide tags:

[hide=]

So basically Zelda Informer's administration has contacts with someone in Nintendo, as well as a Japanese-to-English translator. Basically, they received the Japanese title, and it ended up being translated to The Legend of Zelda: The Prophet of Light, or it could be The Light Prophet depending on how Nintendo of America decides to translate it. Here's a rather large speculation thread on their forums:

http://forums.zeldainformer.com/topic/7016-zelda-wii-pl/

And here's finally proof in the form of a teaser on a recent news post on their main website:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/06/zelda-wii-most-anticipated-game-of-the-e3-according-to-gametrailers.php#more

Could be an elaborate hoax from the staff, but I doubt it.

[/hide]

wl7w9j.png

It's not directly Zelda related but theres a tribute game to the old 8-bit zelda games coming out, looks fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKTThEUweoU&feature=channel

I've already checked that out, and the line between tribute and rip-off is almost non-existent <.<

The ripoff is pretty fun and it has alot of jokes that back then would make alot of sense.

uff2.jpg

Heh, I remember playing OoT on an emulator. The spiral steps to get the megaton hammer were so frustrating to climb using arrow keys. I hated messing up and falling down that stupid hole. I think I even got to the end one time, ready to open the chest, and the fire barrier reactivated.

Never had that much of a trouble when playing through the fire temple, but the water temple and the spirit temple were a bit of a pain for me.

And yes, the end of LttP is easily the best :P

Also, 3rd page \:D/

The water temple I hated that stage you open the wrong door and you had to restart the whole game and is it just me or is that the fact they in every Zelda game I find the water temple to be extremely annoying in all of them?

uff2.jpg

I actually didn't mind the OoT water temple too much. Maybe it was because i had done it before so knew what i was doing.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I have the version in which if you [bleep] up it's impossible to continue. My first time after looking it up, it turns out I did [bleep] up.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I've played all the games in the series, except Majora's Mask and the two Oracles. Though I only played Wind Waker a little bit before my GC got stolen. My favorite (probably just for the nostalgia factor) is the original, which I bought and beat in '86. I think one of the best in the series that doesn't get much credit is Minish Cap...I really enjoyed the whole game. The two recent DS games (Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) have been very under-whelming for me. I can't really put my finger on why, but they just don't hold my interest. Maybe it's due to the fact that you travel the overworld by boat/train rather than wander around? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the series. I (jokingly) tried to convince my wife to use "Tri-force" as our son's middle name...LOL

I'd recommend at least getting an emu and ROM for Oracle of Seasons, its a fantastic game, easily my favorite handheld Zelda and in my Top 3 probably as well.

• 2 weeks later...

People, relieve yourselves:

IGN new zelda's images

God exists! They made a new Cell Shading Zelda! WOW!

Its called Legend of Zelda: Skyward sword, the live Demo didn't go very well (interferences) but the people demo-ing it said the controls are spot on and, mroe importantly, 1 on 1.

Apart from that Nintendo's E3 was awesomecake all over it.