Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Legend of Zelda Thread

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
Never had that much of a trouble when playing through the fire temple, but the water temple and the spirit temple were a bit of a pain for me.

And yes, the end of LttP is easily the best :P

Also, 3rd page \:D/

Mechzx
[ Display Name History ]

Mechzx

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Sorwd of cho
  • Clan:The United Freedom Fighters of Runescape
The water temple I hated that stage you open the wrong door and you had to restart the whole game and is it just me or is that the fact they in every Zelda game I find the water temple to be extremely annoying in all of them?
Posted Image

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
honestly, the water temple always feel more ooriginal to me rather then difficult :P

Mechzx
[ Display Name History ]

Mechzx

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Sorwd of cho
  • Clan:The United Freedom Fighters of Runescape
Yes but must is be so annoying?
Posted Image

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
The only annoying one was the OoT one, the others were just awesome, like the TP one

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
I actually didn't mind the OoT water temple too much. Maybe it was because i had done it before so knew what i was doing.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Wizz
[ Display Name History ]

Wizz

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,979 posts
  • RSN:Sir Wizz K
  • RSN2:Fampster
I have the version in which if you [bleep] up it's impossible to continue. My first time after looking it up, it turns out I did [bleep] up.
Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

Posted Image

Maleficus1055
[ Display Name History ]

Maleficus1055

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,291 posts
  • RSN:Armyman19

I've played all the games in the series, except Majora's Mask and the two Oracles. Though I only played Wind Waker a little bit before my GC got stolen. My favorite (probably just for the nostalgia factor) is the original, which I bought and beat in '86. I think one of the best in the series that doesn't get much credit is Minish Cap...I really enjoyed the whole game. The two recent DS games (Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) have been very under-whelming for me. I can't really put my finger on why, but they just don't hold my interest. Maybe it's due to the fact that you travel the overworld by boat/train rather than wander around? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the series. I (jokingly) tried to convince my wife to use "Tri-force" as our son's middle name...LOL

I'd recommend at least getting an emu and ROM for Oracle of Seasons, its a fantastic game, easily my favorite handheld Zelda and in my Top 3 probably as well.

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Range 0r
  • Clan:SODB
DAWN OF THE THIRD DAY - 24 HOURS REMAIN

Well, it's more like 21 hours now, but yeah Nintendo's starting their conference at noon (EST) tomorrow, and streaming it via http://e3.nintendo.com/

Soooooooooooooo stoked! :D
Posted Image

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
People, relieve yourselves:

IGN new zelda's images

God exists! They made a new Cell Shading Zelda! WOW!

Its called Legend of Zelda: Skyward sword, the live Demo didn't go very well (interferences) but the people demo-ing it said the controls are spot on and, mroe importantly, 1 on 1.

Apart from that Nintendo's E3 was awesomecake all over it.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
Doesn't look that great. From what we saw they swapped bloom for cell shading and everything else looks the same. It didn't live up to what Nintendo said about it. Music didn't remind me of a Zelda game, either...sounded more like Starfox.

I hope more trailers will change my mind but I'm certainly not going out and buying this on day 1 of its release.

hzvjpwS.gif

Seraphi
[ Display Name History ]

Seraphi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,414 posts
  • RSN:Void Seraphi
I'm not entirely sure I like the cartoonish look of it (Mushrooms and bright colours, I think the cell shading is great), but if the gameplay is there, I'll bite.

That said, after Twilight Princess, I guess I was expecting another grimdark setting.
Posted Image

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

I'm not entirely sure I like the cartoonish look of it (Mushrooms and bright colours, I think the cell shading is great), but if the gameplay is there, I'll bite.

That said, after Twilight Princess, I guess I was expecting another grimdark setting.

Well thats true for me too, specially after last year's poster, but to be honest i prefer the new look, now i just want to see live gameplay that works.

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
The music is the exact same music they used in Twilight Princess. There is no new music yet, so you really can't just its music at all -.-

Edit:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

... o.o
Posted Image

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
Aparently people that were there and went to the Nintendo booth to try out Skyward Sword said the controls are near perfect, good to know, i was scared for a moment bacause of the live demo.

For the sake of discussion:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love the new look :3

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

... o.o

Is... Is that... On the...
I can't make fun of the 3ds anymore.

Seraphi
[ Display Name History ]

Seraphi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,414 posts
  • RSN:Void Seraphi
That looks an awful lot like an OoT remake for the 3DS.

Are they remaking OoT on the 3DS?

Because I think they're remaking OoT on the 3DS.
Posted Image

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
Right now it's unconfirmed whether it's just a technical demo or an actual project, but yes, that IS an Ocarina of Time remake on the 3DS!

SERIOUSLY, IMAGINE THESE GUYS CLAWING AT YOUR FACE IN 3D. OH MY GOD.
Posted Image

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
3D redeads are gona scared thehell out of me, honestly.

Wind Waker ones are the worst though, so artistic yet so frightning :shock:

Zibl
[ Display Name History ]

Zibl

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
I. Freaking. Love. Zelda.

By far my most favorite video game series of all time. Of course, I grew up with Nintendo (although I was more along the lines of the SNES era), so I'm probably biased. I haven't played any of the newer Zeldas, because I just don't seem to find them appealing. The last Zelda I've ever played/owned was Twilight Princess (for the Gamecube), and I never completed it. I just couldn't get in to that whole transforming in to a wolf type thing they had in that game. So I guess you could say I'm mainly a fan of the "oldies".

I have an extremely close tie between Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time for my "most favorite" game. Both were epic. But LttP was the first Zelda game I had ever played and beaten. My older brother had a regular NES with the first LoZ, but I was far to young to really understand what to do with it (although I did later play and beat it as well, but this was when I got older). I still have my SNES and LttP game, but haven't played it in well over a year. Even though it's hooked up sitting 7 feet from me. I also haven't played Ocarina of Time (or Majora's Mask for that matter) in years. I still have both games and my Nintendo 64, but it isn't hooked up. I have the Master Quest disk for Gamecube, though, and it's also hooked up 7 feet away from me :thumbsup: .

I did, however, find my Gameboy a few weeks ago in my closet... along with Link's Awakening. When I started it up, though, it didn't have any saved files on it. I supposed it messed up over the years and erased everything. But I played it through and beat it in a couple of days using my spare time. It was great. It's by far my most favorite Zelda of the hand held games.
RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!
Posted Image
[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]
12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired
Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users