The Legend of Zelda Thread

Tacos

Doesn't look that great. From what we saw they swapped bloom for cell shading and everything else looks the same. It didn't live up to what Nintendo said about it. Music didn't remind me of a Zelda game, either...sounded more like Starfox.

I hope more trailers will change my mind but I'm certainly not going out and buying this on day 1 of its release.

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not entirely sure I like the cartoonish look of it (Mushrooms and bright colours, I think the cell shading is great), but if the gameplay is there, I'll bite.

That said, after Twilight Princess, I guess I was expecting another grimdark setting.

2Xeo5.png

I'm not entirely sure I like the cartoonish look of it (Mushrooms and bright colours, I think the cell shading is great), but if the gameplay is there, I'll bite.

That said, after Twilight Princess, I guess I was expecting another grimdark setting.

Well thats true for me too, specially after last year's poster, but to be honest i prefer the new look, now i just want to see live gameplay that works.

Aparently people that were there and went to the Nintendo booth to try out Skyward Sword said the controls are near perfect, good to know, i was scared for a moment bacause of the live demo.

For the sake of discussion:

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103853499_640w.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103801204_640w.jpg

I love the new look :3

I. Freaking. Love. Zelda.

By far my most favorite video game series of all time. Of course, I grew up with Nintendo (although I was more along the lines of the SNES era), so I'm probably biased. I haven't played any of the newer Zeldas, because I just don't seem to find them appealing. The last Zelda I've ever played/owned was Twilight Princess (for the Gamecube), and I never completed it. I just couldn't get in to that whole transforming in to a wolf type thing they had in that game. So I guess you could say I'm mainly a fan of the "oldies".

I have an extremely close tie between Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time for my "most favorite" game. Both were epic. But LttP was the first Zelda game I had ever played and beaten. My older brother had a regular NES with the first LoZ, but I was far to young to really understand what to do with it (although I did later play and beat it as well, but this was when I got older). I still have my SNES and LttP game, but haven't played it in well over a year. Even though it's hooked up sitting 7 feet from me. I also haven't played Ocarina of Time (or Majora's Mask for that matter) in years. I still have both games and my Nintendo 64, but it isn't hooked up. I have the Master Quest disk for Gamecube, though, and it's also hooked up 7 feet away from me :thumbsup: .

I did, however, find my Gameboy a few weeks ago in my closet... along with Link's Awakening. When I started it up, though, it didn't have any saved files on it. I supposed it messed up over the years and erased everything. But I played it through and beat it in a couple of days using my spare time. It was great. It's by far my most favorite Zelda of the hand held games.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

I have played almost every zelda game (except that cd-i thing <_<)

Adventure of link is my least favorite :P

Tbh zelda gets super easy as it progresses sadly

I never died in windwaker lolz <_< (windwaker is my favorite because it has pro stuff) SAILING SKILL DUHHH!

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I'm kind of surprised by the look of Skyward Sword. Since Twilight Princess Wii was just a GC port, it didn't get the full potential out of the graphics engine. I was hoping they would bring that look back but better. That said, I'm a fan of cel-shading but I think the colors could be toned down just a little bit. This is Zelda, not Mario. And I hope they scale down the semi-transparent Wiimote on the screen, that thing is way too big.

I love the title, though.

p2gq.jpg

I haven't played a lot of Zelda games much, but I've played almost all of them (all but the 2 Oracles, I think). I have only beaten 2 (Link's Awakening and Windwaker) because they're the only ones I have ever owned. But the Skyward Sword looks pretty awesome. I'll get it for sure.

Word local guy, not only that, a friend of mine though Kirby: Epic Yarn was too kiddy: ITS A FREAKING PINK BALL OF FLUFF WHAT WERE YOU EXPECTING!!!

I like this style better than TP's, and TP is my favourite zelda...

This is reassuring :D

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/06/17/aonuma-quot-i-do-not-want-to-make-zelda-easy-quot.aspx

Last month, Zelda fans experienced mass anxiety at news of Nintendo mastermind Shigeru Miyamoto's intent to make the next Zelda game easier. Yet, when The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was announced a couple days ago at E3, it certainly didn't look easier. Due to the game's fully-realized motion controls, players will need to attack enemies from specific angles just to injure them.

I was curious about the meaning behind the quote, so I asked Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma during an interview yesterday. He responded in the most straightforward manner possible: "I do not want to make Zelda easier."

"Easy to me does not equal fun," Aonuma explained. "I want puzzles where people have to think about it, and when they solve the puzzle, there's that feeling of accomplishment. That's something that's really valuable, that concrete feeling that when you accomplish something [in the game], it feels like you've done something worth doing. If the game is too easy, the accomplishments aren't valuable."

Aonuma also elaborated on the quote from Miyamoto that caused this worry in the first place:

"When Mr. Miyamoto says easy, he doesn't mean simple. He means easily -- this is the difficulty of the language here. It's accessible, and you know how to do things, if not necessarily what to do. You may have a series of puzzles to figure out, and it may be difficult to decipher the meaning, but it's not difficult to accomplish what you need to do."

Essentially, I think what Aonuma was saying (and what Miyamoto was trying to hint at) is that the new motion controls make the combat natural without having to learn many button combinations. It was an unfortunate misunderstanding, but one that's nice to have cleared up.

Also, anyone else notice that the boss took away two hearts per hit? I don't think this game will be as easy as the art style implies haha.

wl7w9j.png

There won't be a zelda game greater than the ocarina of time one i'm afraid.

They can't make it better than that one without making a complete new game that would have nothing to do with the zelda series.

They've ran out of resources to make every game feel new and as cool as the last one.

Did anyone see the new trailer/screenshots?

If not, here's the link

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

In my opinion they already did make a game better than Ocarina of Time, and have done it three times. Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and A Link to the Past were all much better to me. Plus, Ocarina of Time was heavily based on A Link to the Past anyways.

wl7w9j.png