Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Legend of Zelda Thread

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Maze
[ Display Name History ]

Maze

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

SERIOUSLY, IMAGINE THESE GUYS CLAWING AT YOUR FACE IN 3D. OH MY GOD.

K, I'm buying the 3DS.

howbadisbad
[ Display Name History ]

howbadisbad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,318 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:teh stew
  • Clan:Mafia City
I have played almost every zelda game (except that cd-i thing <_<)

Adventure of link is my least favorite :P

Tbh zelda gets super easy as it progresses sadly

I never died in windwaker lolz <_< (windwaker is my favorite because it has pro stuff) SAILING SKILL DUHHH!
Posted Image

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Nom
[ Display Name History ]

Nom

Editorial Panel Member

• Members
  • 3,045 posts
I'm kind of surprised by the look of Skyward Sword. Since Twilight Princess Wii was just a GC port, it didn't get the full potential out of the graphics engine. I was hoping they would bring that look back but better. That said, I'm a fan of cel-shading but I think the colors could be toned down just a little bit. This is Zelda, not Mario. And I hope they scale down the semi-transparent Wiimote on the screen, that thing is way too big.

I love the title, though.

p2gq.jpg

unkn0wnwarrior
[ Display Name History ]

unkn0wnwarrior

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,855 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Dougymc
  • RSN2:Doug M
I haven't played a lot of Zelda games much, but I've played almost all of them (all but the 2 Oracles, I think). I have only beaten 2 (Link's Awakening and Windwaker) because they're the only ones I have ever owned. But the Skyward Sword looks pretty awesome. I'll get it for sure.

InkofDeath
[ Display Name History ]

InkofDeath

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,918 posts
I like gritty looking games. I want to see a gritty Zelda art style. It will never happen with Nintendo. Twilight Princess is as close as we'll ever get to shiny, playful Nintendo. Upset.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
It isn't usually a gritty franchise . The protagonist is a kid with a fairy in a number of them.

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
Word local guy, not only that, a friend of mine though Kirby: Epic Yarn was too kiddy: ITS A FREAKING PINK BALL OF FLUFF WHAT WERE YOU EXPECTING!!!

I like this style better than TP's, and TP is my favourite zelda...

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Posted Image
Kind of like this? :lol:

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
Yep, pretty much that :thumbup:

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Range 0r
  • Clan:SODB
This is reassuring :D

http://gameinformer....-easy-quot.aspx

Last month, Zelda fans experienced mass anxiety at news of Nintendo mastermind Shigeru Miyamoto's intent to make the next Zelda game easier. Yet, when The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was announced a couple days ago at E3, it certainly didn't look easier. Due to the game's fully-realized motion controls, players will need to attack enemies from specific angles just to injure them.

I was curious about the meaning behind the quote, so I asked Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma during an interview yesterday. He responded in the most straightforward manner possible: "I do not want to make Zelda easier."

"Easy to me does not equal fun," Aonuma explained. "I want puzzles where people have to think about it, and when they solve the puzzle, there's that feeling of accomplishment. That's something that's really valuable, that concrete feeling that when you accomplish something [in the game], it feels like you've done something worth doing. If the game is too easy, the accomplishments aren't valuable."

Aonuma also elaborated on the quote from Miyamoto that caused this worry in the first place:

"When Mr. Miyamoto says easy, he doesn't mean simple. He means easily -- this is the difficulty of the language here. It's accessible, and you know how to do things, if not necessarily what to do. You may have a series of puzzles to figure out, and it may be difficult to decipher the meaning, but it's not difficult to accomplish what you need to do."

Essentially, I think what Aonuma was saying (and what Miyamoto was trying to hint at) is that the new motion controls make the combat natural without having to learn many button combinations. It was an unfortunate misunderstanding, but one that's nice to have cleared up.

Also, anyone else notice that the boss took away two hearts per hit? I don't think this game will be as easy as the art style implies haha.
Posted Image

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
The artstyle is awesome, don't hate on it :thumbup:

But yeah, do not judge the book by its cover :smile:

Really excited about the release date, maybe February?

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
I actually like it, the colors remind me of A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask. I'm just saying that it seems a bit more on the childish spectrum, though :P
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
It's hard not to make fun of the whole brown = gritty trend here :lol:

svs
[ Display Name History ]

svs

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:svstoned
There won't be a zelda game greater than the ocarina of time one i'm afraid.
They can't make it better than that one without making a complete new game that would have nothing to do with the zelda series.
They've ran out of resources to make every game feel new and as cool as the last one.

Did anyone see the new trailer/screenshots?
If not, here's the link

Posted Image[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]Posted Image

Posted Image
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
In my opinion they already did make a game better than Ocarina of Time, and have done it three times. Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and A Link to the Past were all much better to me. Plus, Ocarina of Time was heavily based on A Link to the Past anyways.
Posted Image

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
Following rangeor's point, i think Ocarina isn't nowhere near the best Zelda: Wind Waker, Link to the Past and Twilight Princess have everything better than Ocarina (story is very subjective). Tilight Princess is the best Zelda imo and Wind Waker a close second.

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Windwaker would have been a lot better if you didn't have to spend hours and hours traveling the 70 seas. Majora's Mask would have been better if they didn't mess with the whole saving system. I missed being able to play 15 minutes and then turn it off with all my progress saved. As for Twilight Princess, being the wolf sucked and I didn't like the main world.

Other than those complaints, they were all very good games. Ocarina didn't have any huge inconveniences like the others which makes it my favorite of the series.

On topic of the new one: I'll be buying the main (non-Gameboy) games as they come out, because of experimental reasons as you can see in my first paragraph. I'm hoping one day they will top OoT.

Seraphi
[ Display Name History ]

Seraphi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,414 posts
  • RSN:Void Seraphi
Things can always be improved on, Ocarina is great, yes, but it is not perfect.

They can (And have) made better zelda games than OoT
Posted Image

rangeor
[ Display Name History ]

rangeor

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
Bumping this thread because it's Majora's Masks's 10th Birthday today!

You guys have no idea how happy of a nerd this makes me :D
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Bumping this thread because it's Majora's Masks's 10th Birthday today!

You guys have no idea how happy of a nerd this makes me :D

Wooo! Happy birthday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users