Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Legend of Zelda Thread

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Things can always be improved on, Ocarina is great, yes, but it is not perfect.

They can (And have) made better zelda games than OoT

I liked Twilight Princess better than OoT.

My reasons are it's better graphically, has better sound, the damn water temple isn't nearly as annoying (but still is), and actually being required to change back in forth from your wolf form and your human form. Unless it was master quest there was one time the game required you to change back into a kid. Master quest makes it like 6. In Twilight princess it felt more like the game put an importance on going into wolf form at some points, even requiring it for the fight with ganon, and I liked that final fight out in Hyrule field, finally It's just Ganondorf vs Link, 1v1, no different forms, just swordsman vs swordsman, no tricks to the fight.

Though I felt Zant to be wasted potential. He would have made a good reoccurring villain besides Ganon, and during the first half of the game they even managed to make him look pretty intimidating, how he's just waiting for you outside of the water temple. (I don't care what the game calls it, it's the water temple) And then when Ganon entered, Zant became this crazy maniac who throws fits when he doesn't get his way. It felt like they intended for Zant to be the villain of the game, and then decided to throw Ganon in at the last moment and change the plot some. I doubt they'll try to redeem him, but if there was no Ganon in TP and they kept Zant the same way he was in the first half of the game, I would have been satisfied.

I don't know how it is with other zelda fans but i'm fine with no seeing Ganon for a game, as long as the villain is interesting and/or intimidating. But Nintendo has killed off every other villain, to make Ganondorf seem more the evil mastermind, giving themselves no room to work with.

And i'm not usually one to say a game is better because of graphics but for a series in which the gameplay and plot hasn't changed since the SNES (Or maybe even earlier), there's few things to set it apart. And even in the oracle of seasons and ages the plot was still the same, if you play a linked game you find out Ganondorf was the evil mastermind behind it all, wants to take over the place, blah, blah, blah.

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
Yeah, having played OoT after Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, i really prefered the newer ones.

One small correction, i think you need to change into a kid 2 times, once for the Magic glasses and other for the spirit temple.

Also, i agree with you on Zant, mean, look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSv5_HEZYUo

Then at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRWu6poJPP4&feature=related

It's as if the man in the armour was a completely diferent person! He goes from killing a god, repeling link, reviving said god and trying to kill midna without moving a single muscle to making a scene...

Shame though, he would make a great villain. Maybe the Ganon face off made up for it.

In other news, will Nintendo revive ganon for SS? I wisht not :unsure:

ranqe
[ Display Name History ]

ranqe

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 401 posts
i hope the 3ds remake of oot will have the speed running glitches in it still

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
They probably could have even kept Ganon and worked him in better. Say, have Zant make it clear he's got some other power behind him or have him appear more often and decay gradually.
Better than him being probably the most dangerous Zelda villain ever in every scene except the one where he loses it.

In other news, stuck at the Fire temple in Master Quest. Is that chest in the old Megaton Hammer room necessary? Know how to get it, just can't get the timing right.

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

They probably could have even kept Ganon and worked him in better. Say, have Zant make it clear he's got some other power behind him or have him appear more often and decay gradually.
Better than him being probably the most dangerous Zelda villain ever in every scene except the one where he loses it.

In other news, stuck at the Fire temple in Master Quest. Is that chest in the old Megaton Hammer room necessary? Know how to get it, just can't get the timing right.

In master quest isnt that the compass? It may not be, I haven't played it in awhile.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
Thought I would revive this thread as I just finished Skyward Sword. It's hard to talk about it without saying some kind of spoiler as there were reveals all over the place, but it was one hell of a game. Contemplating playing through on hero mode but not sure if it's worth the time.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

the-whisky-bar
[ Display Name History ]

the-whisky-bar

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • RSN:Disco_Shazam

Thought I would revive this thread as I just finished Skyward Sword. It's hard to talk about it without saying some kind of spoiler as there were reveals all over the place, but it was one hell of a game. Contemplating playing through on hero mode but not sure if it's worth the time.

went through the same thought process, decided it wasn't worth it. :lol:

the game's soundtrack was really lacking, imo.
{tumblr}

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

the game's soundtrack was really lacking, imo.

It did have its moments, though.

Plus, it came with that orchestral CD.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
I actually really enjoyed the soundtrack. Everything except the dreadful harp felt really fitting to me, and the ending soundtrack was excellent. Listening anniversary soundtrack right now, loving it.

Edit: Also:

Ending Spoiler

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image

Erika
[ Display Name History ]

Erika

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Back Track

You forgot some songs on that list. :P

Makkaravelho
[ Display Name History ]

Makkaravelho

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • RSN:Makkaravelho
  • Clan:The Total F2P Skillers
Just recently started re-playing through Majora's Mask, my second favorite Legend of Zelda game, behind the (in my opinion) obvious Ocarina of Time. Still as great as ever, after countless playthroughs. These timeless classics never get old, I remember smashing away at them when I was like 8, good times.

God I love having my Nintendo 64 again, after stealing it from my little brother, who now has a PS2. Kids these days, can't appreciate the classics ^^

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

krimi
[ Display Name History ]

krimi

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:der krimi
Amazon has new windwaker copies for more than one hundred dollars and used for about 30 dollars. I want to play ww, but that's a bit absurd?

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
Are you sure it's just WW and not the collector's edition which came with OoT Master Quest?

Barihawk
[ Display Name History ]

Barihawk

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,987 posts
  • RSN:Barihawk

Are you sure it's just WW and not the collector's edition which came with OoT Master Quest?

I got my copy of that used at Gamestop for $4.99...
Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RSN:Demoliboy2

I actually really enjoyed the soundtrack. Everything except the dreadful harp felt really fitting to me, and the ending soundtrack was excellent. Listening anniversary soundtrack right now, loving it.

Edit: Also:

Ending Spoiler

Spoilers below

As for the music, i thought it was a great arrangement, but i felt liek they could have done better. Song fo the hero, the credits theme, ballad of the goddess and Fi's theme really stuck with me, but nothing wowed me like "the wind waker" or "dragontooth island". Nayru's theme was also pretty decent. Area themes felt bland, apart from faron woods and skyloft.

Seeing this orchestra also made the mario galaxy orchestra, they could have done waaaay more imo.

stevensda
[ Display Name History ]

stevensda

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • RSN:ranqecaravan
i didnt like that the timeline now splits in 3 after oot ;_; (young link, adult link, and you die/fail timelines)

i liked the dual timeline better (young link, adult link)

Ranqecaravan.png

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

i didnt like that the timeline now splits in 3 after oot ;_; (young link, adult link, and you die/fail timelines)

i liked the dual timeline better (young link, adult link)

What do you mean by the third timeline?

There has always been the ability to theoretically open up a third timeline if you die, but it's implied that it never happens.
Posted Image

Sprint
[ Display Name History ]

Sprint

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 234 posts
The reason no one thought there would be 3 timelines instead of 2 in the first place is because time does not work that way. You cant succeed and fail at the same time. If you succeed there's 2 timelines, if you fail it remains 1. If by some off chance you manage to do both at the same time... well...

Hmm, apparently there arnt any clips on Youtube with the Colonel from MGS saying "Time Paradox". Go figure.

WeatherMatt
[ Display Name History ]

WeatherMatt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RSN:WeatherMatt
  • RSN2:DIY WMatt
Anyone else here been to any of the 25th Anniversary Zelda Symphony concerts in the USA? If you haven't - go. I just got back from the Orlando concert, and it was outstanding, and considering this is Nintendo who licenses their music for these sorts of things about once a century, it may very well be a once in a lifetime thing.

Set list

A great time overall. Lots of cosplay, if you're into that sort of thing. I came in a dress shirt and slacks and was waaay overdressed. :/ It was almost all 20-something nerds (like myself) who mostly wore Zelda shirts of some kind. I figured it would be more formal than that - silly me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users