Mod Mark H reveal RuneFest item 2010

_YB_

People! i got a solution to the problems! :thumbsup:

Players who attended event, with code gets:

the banner as said

Player who want the banner but didn't attend (maybe did a small event in-game?):

gets a copy of the banner, exactly same but without "Rune Fest 2010".

That way we can separate those who went and didn't.

But you didn't partake in the festivities, why should anyone who's not going get something for...not going? :?

And why should i pay alot of money to go to UK for one day to take part in the fest? I thought that players who went to the fest, could get the banner+plant it. On their banner should say Runefest 2010.

While those who didn't get a copy of that without it being plantable or something.

But that's just a solution as some players find it unfair.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say your friend goes to a concert and get a load of goodies from the band/venue owners. Would you ring up the band/venue owners and complain that you should get the said goodies even though you didnt attend the event?

Different kind of case though isn't it? Bands go on tours and they usually eventually pop up in your location. This has no guarantee of EVER coming anywhere close to the states, not even Canada.

If they said, "Yes we'll probably look at doing these in different countries", I wouldn't be so frustrated.

They said depending on how the one in London goes they'll look into hosting it in other Countries, too.

People! i got a solution to the problems! :thumbsup:

Players who attended event, with code gets:

the banner as said

Player who want the banner but didn't attend (maybe did a small event in-game?):

gets a copy of the banner, exactly same but without "Rune Fest 2010".

That way we can separate those who went and didn't.

But you didn't partake in the festivities, why should anyone who's not going get something for...not going? :?

And why should i pay alot of money to go to UK for one day to take part in the fest? I thought that players who went to the fest, could get the banner+plant it. On their banner should say Runefest 2010.

While those who didn't get a copy of that without it being plantable or something.

But that's just a solution as some players find it unfair.

People will find the smallest things unfair just because someone else has it and they don't.

It's an item that will have no real use, I don't see why anyone that's not going has a problem with others having it. Unless Jagex brought the festivities onto RuneScape and held in-game events I see no reason for anyone who's not attending to have one of these banners.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If they said, "Yes we'll probably look at doing these in different countries", I wouldn't be so frustrated.

I seem to recall a J Mod saying that if this one went over quite well they would consider another one in another country. Mind you, since they're English, it would cost them plenty to even take a small number of people to North America. So even if they did one in N.A. I would expect it to cost more and have less epic-ness.

I seem to recall a J Mod saying that if this one went over quite well they would consider another one in another country. Mind you, since they're English, it would cost them plenty to even take a small number of people to North America. So even if they did one in N.A. I would expect it to cost more and have less epic-ness.

Ah. Yay. If I ever have to be wrong, I'm glad it's under circumstances like these. Thanks for pointing that out guys. ^^

hzvjpwS.gif

I have the perfect solution:

People who go to Runefest can get the banner using the redeem code, prance around in the game with it and take screenshots showing the date, gaining all the ingame admiration or whatever it is they seek

Then a month later the banner can be obtained by everyone from Diango or found in their toy box

rsbotsonline.png

so basically in game advertisment of the festival?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Not tradeable, purely cosmetic and commemorative - sounds about right to me. :)

I definitely think expiring codes is a good idea - would combat any ideas of keeping the codes to increase their worth. I'm sure those who attend the event have enough time on their hands to home-teleport and stick in a code within a month. ;)

Do you have the ablility to think outside of yourself? People payed money to go to RuneFest, they deserve a nice little cosmetic item. There is no reason that this is "unfair"

They paid because they can go. Yes I get that. Why should I pay when I can't go though just to obtain an item? The ends do not justify the means.

Yes it's a little selfish, but come on. Don't even try to tell me they aren't going to be getting dozens of other exclusive freebies. Why couldn't they leave it at that?

i wouldnt call them freebies at £75 a ticket!!

and on your post about bands touring.... when i was a kid i wanted to see presley... he never came to england and i never got to see him!

2hrmo37.jpg
limparse.png

people are going to sell these codes

This.

Then they should make those codes expire a month after Runefest or so.

Within the month it is still possible to sell the code.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

If people are really THAT bothered about not having this flag and being unable to go to Runefest for whatever reason then add me as a friend and ill come and plant mine next to you and you can pretend its yours.

Its hardly a freebie at £75 (+4.95 booking fee +2.50 ticketfast charge)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I have to "congratulate" Jagex's PR department for turning something that could have been a giant boon to Jagex's public image, and turning it into a divisive fiasco that will leave most of their customers feeling left out and unhappy.

I'm sure this will make a great B-school case study some day.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

If anyone's buying the ticket and HATES the banner for some unknown reason, I'll gladly take it off you. :thumbup:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

This is what I think they should do:

Give a promotional code to everyone who buys a ticket which can be redeemed at Diango, and the code doesn't expire.

What do you guys think of that?

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

Jagex, whether they realize it or not, has now officially sanctioned RWT. They know there will be people who buy tickets when they have no hope of attending the event, just so they won't miss out on the item and feel like their accounts are incomplete. Did Iddison stage a coup to overthrow MMG? Jagex has almost completely reverted back to Iddison's ways, at least that's what it seems like.

td2sig.jpg

I really find the over reaction in this thread unbelieveable. It's not as if they're giving some super weapon. Its a banner which is effectively meaningless unless you went to the event.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

I really find the over reaction in this thread unbelieveable. It's not as if they're giving some super weapon. Its a banner which is effectively meaningless unless you went to the event.

i agree full heartedly (and im not going to runefest btw)

Lord_Beloved.png

Agreed, it's a flag. Lets be serious here eh

Agreed, it's a flag. Lets be serious here eh

A pixel is a pixel is a pixel.

A terrible precedent is being set. Pixels now for sale; forward your CC# to Jagex. Oh, and you get a ticket too!

What's to stop them from attaching commemorative in-game items to the purchase of real-world items in the Jagex shop? Buy a hoodie & get an e-hoodie to go with it!

I am very, very disappointed in this company right now.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours