Thieving Master Farmers

Neohero1972

Hi

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in.

I have noticed that after i have completed the Buyers and Cellars + sub quests then it is almost impossible to get potato seeds as a drop from Master Farmers (i've actually had to buy the potato seeds i need !)

Has anyone else had similar experience ?

Suggestion:

If completing Buyers and Cellars has more benefits (i'm aware that quality of drops becomes better from NPCs up to level 40) then we definitely should have a section for this in the Thieving Skill Guide.

Why would you want to grow potato? Arent they already plentiful around lumbridge?

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Why would you want to grow potato? Arent they already plentiful around lumbridge?

Well, i'm using them:

1. to make tuna potatos

2. to get strange rocks

However, that wasn't really my question !

Huh. I do still get potato seeds, just not as much as before. But I still manage to get them.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

As far as I am aware it increases the chance of getting rarer loots- so you will not get some bad ones as often! hopeully the better drops should pay for your seeds though!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

As far as I am aware it increases the chance of getting rarer loots- so you will not get some bad ones as often! hopeully the better drops should pay for your seeds though!

You have a chance to get 2 items at once from HAM, I got a clue scroll and got another item at the same time (not sure if you can get 2 clues at the same time :D). It also lets you continue thieving even with a full inventory.
imagangster.png

I got 3 clue scrolls from pickpocketing 6 H.A.M members, so the drop rate of good stuff from lower leveled NPCs has really gone up - just too bad that i'm wayy tooo lazy to got on treasure hunt !

Oh really :thumbsup: ?

Can others confirm this too please!

Likewise however, the chance of most ALL herb seeds minus tarromin (and if I remember correctly from when I thieved the other day) harralander, has gone down immensely. I have 99 thieving and 87 agility (for extra loot) and in more than 60k thieving exp, I didn't get a single herb seed other than the two I mentioned, which I got quite a lot of. What this means to me is that now almost all other herb seeds have become harder to get. In 60k exp at master farmers I could normally get at least 4-5 ranarr seeds. Now? Nothing.

It's highly upsetting. Especially since you get a HELL load of Sweetcorn and Strawberry seeds, which now have decreased a lot in price, and will only continue to do so once people get word at how common they are and they begin to flood the GE.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Likewise however, the chance of most ALL herb seeds minus tarromin (and if I remember correctly from when I thieved the other day) harralander, has gone down immensely. I have 99 thieving and 87 agility (for extra loot) and in more than 60k thieving exp, I didn't get a single herb seed other than the two I mentioned, which I got quite a lot of. What this means to me is that now almost all other herb seeds have become harder to get. In 60k exp at master farmers I could normally get at least 4-5 ranarr seeds. Now? Nothing.

It's highly upsetting. Especially since you get a HELL load of Sweetcorn and Strawberry seeds, which now have decreased a lot in price, and will only continue to do so once people get word at how common they are and they begin to flood the GE.

60k isn't enough for a fair sample, I did 1k pick pockets (43k), got 4 ranarr, 1 snap, 2 torstol, plus 5 or 6 other assorted seeds... so it's likely just a case of RNG being random.

60k isn't enough for a fair sample, I did 1k pick pockets (43k), got 4 ranarr, 1 snap, 2 torstol, plus 5 or 6 other assorted seeds... so it's likely just a case of RNG being random.

Well perhaps you're right, but in all the dozens of times I have thieved master farmers for profit, I've never gone more than 30k without a ranarr seed. It's 43 (or 41, can't remember) exp per steal. That's almost 1,500 steals without a single herb seed other than the 20+ tarromin and 15+ harrolander I got? Seems fishy.

I'm not doubting you but I also ask you don't doubt me. I could just as easily say you had extremely good luck. We need people to test this I suppose to really know. I was simply lending my experience with the update.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Suppose it kinda sucks not being able to get what you want, but it's a relatively small trade-off when you consider the better loot you are getting. All in all, I think it's worth it, even if it means inconveniences such as the one you stated.

Suppose it kinda sucks not being able to get what you want, but it's a relatively small trade-off when you consider the better loot you are getting. All in all, I think it's worth it, even if it means inconveniences such as the one you stated.

Until sweetcorn seeds become so common there's too many of them in the GE and they won't sell even at the small, trivial cost they will drop to.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Well perhaps you're right, but in all the dozens of times I have thieved master farmers for profit, I've never gone more than 30k without a ranarr seed. It's 43 (or 41, can't remember) exp per steal. That's almost 1,500 steals without a single herb seed other than the 20+ tarromin and 15+ harrolander I got? Seems fishy.

I'm not doubting you but I also ask you don't doubt me. I could just as easily say you had extremely good luck. We need people to test this I suppose to really know. I was simply lending my experience with the update.

Especially if you only got two types I would say it was just a really bad streak of luck since I was getting a good variety of herb seeds not just those.

Especially if you only got two types I would say it was just a really bad streak of luck since I was getting a good variety of seeds not just those.

Well considering your point was I only theived 60k exp and my information was invalid or bad luck, I could say you thieved less than me and your information is invalid and good luck.

I'm not saying this, but I'm making a point.

We need people to test this. Perhaps when find some time and the urge to grind out seeds I'll go and thieve a couple hundred thousand thieving exp worth of them and see how it turns out.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Hi

From my experience when thieving Master Farmers i have only noticed an improvement in the droprate for sweetcorn seeds and a slight improvement for tomato seeds and the almost total absence of potato seeds.

I'm not sure whether or not Jagex have tweaked other seed drops.

I think it is worth to mention that:

1. i haven't really grinded Master Farmers that much

2. i usually wear a Ring of Wealth

Hi

From my experience when thieving Master Farmers i have only noticed an improvement in the droprate for sweetcorn seeds and a slight improvement for tomato seeds and the almost total absence of potato seeds.

I'm not sure whether or not Jagex have tweaked other seed drops.

I think it is worth to mention that:

1. i haven't really grinded Master Farmers that much

2. i usually wear a Ring of Wealth

RoW doesnt effect thieving in anyway.

Also I will donate 60k to your cause also grimy.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Until sweetcorn seeds become so common there's too many of them in the GE and they won't sell even at the small, trivial cost they will drop to.

Fortunately, I have about 45k potato seeds in my bank...

2nd; put 1 worker of your Kingdom on herbseeds and you'll get at least a dozen a day...

Finally; someone plz pm me if the higher end seeds (watermelon please?) have an increased droprate then :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!