Call of Duty 7: Black OPs

Hugger_88

Will be sure to give it a try, it can't be worse than MW2...

What parts exactly? I really think IW hit the nail on the head with the story and spec ops. The multiplayer was ok as well, although could have been better.

I'll definitely be getting this game, regardless of multiplayer. I love all of the CoD games' single player. *GASP* Someone liking the game for something OTHER than multiplayer? Blasphemy!

In the sense that MW2 online is essentially ruined. It was great for the first 3 weeks, and then people started abusing and taking advantage of Models, Care Packages, Modded Lobbies, Grenade Lauchers, Commando, ect. I still enjoy playing, but the community is terrible because of IW's inability to fix problems promptly.

tifovsigev3.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be sure to give it a try, it can't be worse than MW2...

What parts exactly? I really think IW hit the nail on the head with the story and spec ops. The multiplayer was ok as well, although could have been better.

I'll definitely be getting this game, regardless of multiplayer. I love all of the CoD games' single player. *GASP* Someone liking the game for something OTHER than multiplayer? Blasphemy!

The story was horrific. It didn't make any sense, and it was completely implausible. I think they thought about how good their first game was, and thought 'let's take all the best bits and multiply them by 10 and squash them together one after another'.

That's what the game was like. Sort of like watching one of those crappy daytime highlight reel programs on Dave. It was complete overkill.

The only good bit (storytelling wise) was after the EMP, running around in the rain. That bit only lasted three or four minutes, and it's the only bit I remember.

COD4 had an interesting, engaging story. I loved that. MW2's story was a let down.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I quite enjoyed the single player story, it maybe a bit far fetched with some of the bits but i liked it. Overall however, compared to Cod4, the online was a complete disappointment.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

• 2 weeks later...

The story in MW2 kicked [wagon], no question. Sure it was implausible, but a good story demands that the enemy be an actual threat. This was the one thing I didn't really like about CoD 4's single player, that the enemies were Russian secessionists and an army in a Middle Eastern country that to the US is pretty much just cannon fodder.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I'd like to see them return to the old 3-5-7 killstreaks with this one.

This I hope. I remember thinking the 7 kill streak was fairly OP back when CoD 4 came out... man how times have changed.

I entered my real birth year (I'm 18) and the site blocked me... Lame.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Killstreaks and a lot of other things in mw2 are fine and balanced imo.

The only things that need to go are:

Commando

Nukes in objective games(need to be ffa/tdm/cagematch only, Although a good replacement would be to kill all enemy players and make them respawn with radiation sickness or something, taking 1 damage every 3 seconds)

overaccurate rifles(beyond a certain range the rounds need to spray around a bit, not within inches of eachother)

Grenade launcher attachments need to be cod4 style all over again and shotguns need to unlock grenade launchers, not the other way around.

Bring bak old deagle

PS: give us some damn dedicated and custom servers resistance unranked style, where you can make the server EXACTLY how you want it.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Not even close to balanced lol.

A large chunk of the Killstreaks/perks in MW2 were unbalanced.

None of em touch me.

Cold blooded ftw

Although stopping power pro should really do more damage to killstreaks.Why cant you take down heli's as fast as you could in cod4?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Cold-Blooded and a Stinger missile balances them out quite nicely I think.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

honestly if you don't have at least one class with a stinger and cold-blooded and you're complaining about killstreaks always killing you, you should quit playing.

I don't play MW2.

honestly if you don't have at least one class with a stinger and cold-blooded and you're complaining about killstreaks always killing you, you should quit playing.

I don't play MW2.

it wasn't aimed at you directly but my point still stands

This is why I love Demo, 3 rounds. A lot of people save killstreaks for the start of a round, so I always start with my AA class.

RPD /w grip

Stinger x 2

Semtex

Flash x 2

Sleight of Hand Pro

Cold Blooded Pro

Sitrep

I find the RPD goes good enough for me in case they didn't unload air support at the start.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I really hope they go back to 3-5-7. That was at least reasonably balanced, and the helicopter wasn't completely broken.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

For the guys saying just use Cold Blooded and Stingers, what if the class I'm using doesn't have it? I'm defenceless. Even if I did run CB on every class, it doesn't make you immune to killstreaks, you can still die from airstrikes just as easily and can still be seen by player controlled ones. You'll also probably die to them because theres a guy standing next to you without CB.

I really hope they go back to 3-5-7. That was at least reasonably balanced, and the helicopter wasn't completely broken.

The helicopter in CoD4 was annoying because it prioritised shooting the players with the highest scores, it was incredibly annoying to be beasting and then have to hide because it spent the whole minute shooting at you. Dogs in my opinion were as bad, if not worse, than the killstreaks in MW2. In MW2 you can take out a Chopper Gunner, its a single thing, and CB counters it to some extent, but in WaW dogs would keep rushing you for the whole minute and could take like three shots from a bolt action rifle to down.

I actually wouldn't miss killstreaks much, it would be a great incentive for people not to camp. MW2 has a lot of big, I mean BIG, problems, but its still a a good laugh and a lot of fun. Also I'm not complaining when I'm the one circling the map in an AC-130, getting quad and triple kills whilst the 13 year olds on the other team stand there and do nothing.

For the guys saying just use Cold Blooded and Stingers, what if the class I'm using doesn't have it? I'm defenceless. Even if I did run CB on every class, it doesn't make you immune to killstreaks, you can still die from airstrikes just as easily and can still be seen by player controlled ones. You'll also probably die to them because theres a guy standing next to you without CB.

The helicopter in CoD4 was annoying because it prioritised shooting the players with the highest scores, it was incredibly annoying to be beasting and then have to hide because it spent the whole minute shooting at you. Dogs in my opinion were as bad, if not worse, than the killstreaks in MW2. In MW2 you can take out a Chopper Gunner, its a single thing, and CB counters it to some extent, but in WaW dogs would keep rushing you for the whole minute and could take like three shots from a bolt action rifle to down.

I actually wouldn't miss killstreaks much, it would be a great incentive for people not to camp. MW2 has a lot of big, I mean BIG, problems, but its still a a good laugh and a lot of fun. Also I'm not complaining when I'm the one circling the map in an AC-130, getting quad and triple kills whilst the 13 year olds on the other team stand there and do nothing.

then once you die you can switch to cb and switch back after it's down and you die

i'm just sayin if you're going to complain about something at least attempt to do something about it.

then once you die you can switch to cb and switch back after it's down and you die

i'm just sayin if you're going to complain about something at least attempt to do something about it.

So you're saying it's our job to do that?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

yup

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

yup

The helicopter actually prioritized those with RPGs and LMGs above others. It handles the larger threats to itself first.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.