Question about styles used in fights

Adr1an

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)? No I agree, I've always taken the "standard official rules" as melee+binds for any important fight when in fact, it means there is less about organization and more about luck and levels. Then again, in small fights like a 20v20 melee+binds it also highlights the indavidual skill every member needs to out tank, out bind, out snipe, call decent piles etc. So Melee+Binds will stay the norm for important wars for quite a while because of its basis around personal skill although there is some sort of element of luck involved which would never go away no matter what styles you have.

With all styles though, not necassarily based on organization, as sometimes the clan with with more binders, or a bigger ranger unit/blast unit has the advantage. Atleast in melee/binds wars, both clans would be on the same level. But, i agree that a DC in a melee/binds is hard to recover from than in an All styles war.

So, you're saying that melee+binds puts clans more on the same level... This is true, but only for levels...

There are many other aspects of warring, like knowing what to tank against (suddenly a lot harder when you gotta take rangers and mages into account), playing your team's strengths against your enemies weaknesses (follow the cmb triangle perhaps?), and lets not forget the preparation in advance (do i bring melee and a sighted longbow? do I mage/range hybrid? do I bind or do I just shoot over the walls with blasts and arrows?)

Suddenly, in all styles, the TRUE skill of warring comes into play, where you can't run the program of running behind walls and jumping on whoever's the target atm. No, now you might have to alter your tactics mid-fight...

So...

What is your opinion on this topic (was I out of line in anything)?

I like it... And no, I applaud your stance on wanting all-styles to become the norm... Finally someone else who thinks that melee/binds is a ridiculous practise...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I am actually surprised and excited that so many people seem to at least have an open mind about adding more styles to fights. Like I have stated it really was through our journey through TWR last time that helped us learn how to fight with them. It really does add extra cogs into warring that can make it that much more exciting.

Maybe as a whole we can slowly try to put more styles into fights. If everybody is trying to do it then everybody is learning together.

flamesig.jpg

I like it... And no, I applaud your stance on wanting all-styles to become the norm... Finally someone else who thinks that melee/binds is a ridiculous practise...

What's so ridiculous about them? Levels are also beneficial in all styles fights too, when you have several 99 Rangers compared to the few some clans have you're at an advantage already. Yes they're more fun and more unpredictable, but I don't really enjoy all styles fights unless it's a CWRI/PKRI with high numbers and fast transitions. I personally feel an all styles 20v20 doesn't really get the best out of the clans, but it's the way forward for every clan really in being better tanks, hybrids, and so on. I wouldn't say Melee and Binds wars are ridiculous though, I think that's a bit farfetched.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

My big thing about a melee+binds fight would be that a 20v20 can turn into an hour long fight. Can get extremely boring. At least with all styles you get it over and done with.

If I wanted an hour long fight it would probably be better to do a returning war. B)

flamesig.jpg

What styles does you clan normally fight with?

melee/binds but we beginning to do range and all styles

Would you be willing to fight with more styles added into fights (should you usually limit your styles to say melee+binds only)?

yea it makes things more interesting with more styles.

weird question comming from you but anyways i think its good and well my opinion will be that each clan should do what they feel more comfortable with thought they should try step up on what they cant do good.

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

All-styles almost 100% of the time. Mages are an important part of the RS combat triangle, personally I think you're limiting the fun and variety you can have in a fight by eliminating certain styles. That, and melee+bind fights take forever, lol.

Would you be willing to fight with more styles added into fights (should you usually limit your styles to say melee+binds only)?

N/A

Good topic :P

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

Dragonwood mainly does Melee + Binds + Range

Most of our fights are Melee Binds Ranged, few are All Styles. (Compared to Melee Binds Ranged,we are horrible in All Styles). Barely do Melee Binds

It may bring interest into more styles; Melee Binds is basically everything I've seen here, for the most part

Retired Dragonwood | Retired Impulse

20zy62b.png

No food also helps you tank better! But seriously all styles fights are the most fun because you need to have a good balance of ranger/binders:blasters/binders ratio, and you still have to have some melee dishing out high hits.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

Usually Melee+binds / Range, but we've been doing more all-styles fights as of late.

Oh absolutely. They're ten times more challenging and ten times faster--big plus here for me, because I have very little spare time!

I've really only seen the top 20 really get into some serious all-style fighting. I don't think the smaller clans are as willing to try it because it's so much harder to tank, and every loss is detrimental to progress. So, playing it safe, they avoid it.

You can't MAKE clans try these things though. It's just gotta be something you're willing to do. I would strongly suggest to the average clan leader though to give variety a try. The older you get, the more boring this game gets. Keeping it varied will not only keep your members happy, but it'll make your fights quicker, and give you an even greater challenge. Great for practice fights, IMO.

hzvjpwS.gif