Why Dragon Bone prices will keep increasing...

Deltaer

1400 bones/h with pack yak at your own house.

10 hours of dragon bones: 3,528k xp, -73,626k gp

5.76 hours of dagannoth bones: 3,528k xp, -104,832k gp

5.14 hours of ourg bones: 3,528k xp, -124,560k gp

If you make 7.4m/h, dagannoth bones become most efficient.

If you make 31.8m/h, ourg bones become most efficient.

Point taken that Ourg bones are not the most efficient. 50mil difference isnt worth it to me.

But according to your calculations 99 prayer only costs 73Mil?

I wrote that 10 hours of training with dragon bones costs 73m. The difference between dragon bones and ourg bones for 99 prayer is about 185m.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever think they might have just wanted to save time/charms for the exp weekend? Instead of money?

On thing that I haven't seen in the thread is the impact of D bones on the economy. We constantly see threads on runaway inflation, crazy prices on items, how much will they rise, etc. D Bones offer Jagex one of the best ways of removing cash from the game. As players get better skills, the accrue cash that can be dumped into prayer. By removing cash from the game, inflation is tamed somewhat - basic economics.

Jagex has always tried to remove cash in some form or fashion in the skills, Construction was hailed as a huge money sink. Why did everyone train summoning or herblore on double exp weekend - to save cash cause they are money sinks. Prayer remains one of the constant and best methods of removing significant amounts of cash from the game.

So while I disagree with the OP's original premise, I do believe that D bones will remain at a high price, and that Jagex is actually happy and will not encourage new methods of making it cheap.

mocl_Yosonic.png

Did you ever think they might have just wanted to save time/charms for the exp weekend? Instead of money?

On thing that I haven't seen in the thread is the impact of D bones on the economy. We constantly see threads on runaway inflation, crazy prices on items, how much will they rise, etc. D Bones offer Jagex one of the best ways of removing cash from the game. As players get better skills, the accrue cash that can be dumped into prayer. By removing cash from the game, inflation is tamed somewhat - basic economics.

Jagex has always tried to remove cash in some form or fashion in the skills, Construction was hailed as a huge money sink. Why did everyone train summoning or herblore on double exp weekend - to save cash cause they are money sinks. Prayer remains one of the constant and best methods of removing significant amounts of cash from the game.

So while I disagree with the OP's original premise, I do believe that D bones will remain at a high price, and that Jagex is actually happy and will not encourage new methods of making it cheap.

besides the fact that prayer is NOT a money sink...well besides the making of gilded alters.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

besides the fact that prayer is NOT a money sink...well besides the making of gilded alters.

Same would go with Herblore.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Not to mention all the damn Autoers at green dragons in Chaos Tunnels hording the bones. in 3 hours I encountered 8 bots, 3 of which were 120+ and 1 being a level 133. It's insane. :|

Popoto.~<3

Prayer Is NOT a money sink. It is just a wealth transfer as GP from your account is transferred to others. Construction and Summon are money sink skills because the gp goes to an npc and dissappears from the game. Barrows and Dungeoneering items are similar. As are CS since a portion of the drop from cs is taken out as the item gets sold mid on ge but distributed at min. Other money sinks includes every time you use an in game shop instead of the ge, death, and these kinds of similiar activities.

120dgl.jpg

GF thread, checked the price on dragon bones, down 8% in the last thirty days. Goes to show the increases were just inflation coupled with the new prayer book, now that inflation has seemed to slow their growth has too.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Lol even the fact that these topics popped up, showed that the price was "above it ought to be".. Apparently the high price isn't "trusted": thus meaning it isn't the price in equilibrium. (and above the one)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Lol even the fact that these topics popped up, showed that the price was "above it ought to be".. Apparently the high price isn't "trusted": thus meaning it isn't the price in equilibrium. (and above the one)

Ohhhhh someones been studying economics 101. Your absolutely right though. :D

PM me in game anytime

So, if i get a bunch of bones now, and sell them in 5 years. I'll make a huge profit?

But you only have 51 prayer, at least get piety first maybe?

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

In no way is this correct. If a bunch of college students all agree that the price of Lamborghinis is too high, that doesn't mean the price is not in equilibrium.

In no way is this correct. If a bunch of college students all agree that the price of Lamborghinis is too high, that doesn't mean the price is not in equilibrium.

True that.

No merchant clan is buying them out as far as I know. GE isn't stopping them from doing what they can. Conclusion: they are in equilibrum.

GF thread, checked the price on dragon bones, down 8% in the last thirty days. Goes to show the increases were just inflation coupled with the new prayer book, now that inflation has seemed to slow their growth has too.

I said long term... They will go up again... thanks.

Inflation? LoL, you're telling me that inflation is at 100%? I really doubt that the amount of money in RS is doubling every few months. People should really understand what inflation really is and how it's caused before using the term (hearing a little too much of 'inflation this', 'inflation that')

So, if i get a bunch of bones now, and sell them in 5 years. I'll make a huge profit?

Okay, I know Jagex is really slow with releasing updates, especially for certain skills, but I have no doubt in my mind that within the next 5 years that prayer will receive a big boost, so no, it's not safe to invest in them long term, but for me personally, I'd be comfortable for merchanting them for a year.. any longer might be iffy.

And my analysis may not turn out true, but technically it's correct. There's lots of other factors to consider, which other people have listed in the topic themselves.. this is just what I believe, and I may very well be wrong, but I believe it's true.

And to the person that suggested that I posted this topic to manipulate with the market -- uhhh, no. :blink: I have 400 dragon bones in my bank and I'm collecting them myself to raise my prayer level a bit. I don't merchant.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

When you consider it though, players like me who will be using the bonecrusher for EVERYTHING that drops bones below dragons while training slayer, during the process of 2m-3m slayer exp, what i will get before i train prayer hardcore again, i will have gained a good few hundred k in prayer exp. that will cut out just that many more bones i need to use. If a million players use it to train prayer at leisure then it takes just that much more need out of the supply.

Y_Z.png

When you consider it though, players like me who will be using the bonecrusher for EVERYTHING that drops bones below dragons while training slayer, during the process of 2m-3m slayer exp, what i will get before i train prayer hardcore again, i will have gained a good few hundred k in prayer exp. that will cut out just that many more bones i need to use. If a million players use it to train prayer at leisure then it takes just that much more need out of the supply.

Which, when comparing to the number of bones each of those ppl will need for 95 or 99, is really insignificant.

I said long term... They will go up again... thanks.

Inflation? LoL, you're telling me that inflation is at 100%? I really doubt that the amount of money in RS is doubling every few months. People should really understand what inflation really is and how it's caused before using the term (hearing a little too much of 'inflation this', 'inflation that')

Inflation is not at 100%. In fact is has greatly slowed down recently. Look at the Wiki Trade Index. Now compare it to the price of dragon bones over the same time period.

Inflation is caused by more gold entering the economy, everything then becomes worth more, but items relative prices to each other stay the same. It occurs, but it is in fact healthy. This is reflected by the Common Trade Index.

Dragon bones, to an extent, follow this trend. However they had an update which made them much more useful and put them in demand, which accounts for any excess increase over inflation. Ultimately however as they become less expensive more people will kill them. Also, as more of the higher leveled people get the prayer level they want, they will become less in demand. All you need to do is factor in the natural inflation to show that though they have become more expensive, this is natural and has no impact in the difficulty of acquiring them as all items also increase in parallel.

PM me in game anytime

It's possible that they may start a long-term drop soon - if you notice the last wave peaked UNDER the average, which hasn't happened for months - I think what happens with the next price wave will decide what the price trends to over the next few weeks.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant