Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

one major annoyance of me are people who are like, my age and that dont seem to know anything of about 55% of what im saying

also,justin bieber

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Instructors who go on a long speech about why we, as students, should not want them to "curve" a grade. Yes, we all know what the [bleep] curving a grade actually is (putting it to a bell curve, ect.) but what we really mean is just adjust the scores upwards slightly on a difficult test (I.E highest score 90% adjust the scores up by 10%).

Seriously annoys me to no end when instructors do this, and a lot of them do.

I always got really confused when a student asked a teacher to curve a grade... I never understood what they were talking about :wall:... Why is it called curving a grade anyway? It doesn't make sense... I don't get it >.>

Things that annoy the hell outta me? Uhh... I guess I'll just agree with everybody else here and say anybody that isn't me.

People who make [cabbage] up for attention. This relates to facebook for me because that's the only time I really notice it. For example there was this one girl who would always put like whiny attention [bleep] status updates like "it's over" up every few hours. Same thing always happened too, the same one or two people would always comment saying something like "omg whats wrong?" and the person who wrote it would always reply with "text me". Not sure why that annoys me so much but it does.

I know exactly what you mean. There's this one girl that is so stereotypical it almost seems like she's trying... For example, one day I noticed she became a fan of this one band from my school. It was interesting because they are a metal band, and she doesn't seem like the person to like metal at ALL (see: Taylor Swift/Jason Mraz fan). The next day at school I heard her talking about how much the band sucked at Battle of the Bands and how much she hated them. Plus, she makes those ridiculous statuses all the time. Just last night one of her statuses was along the line of, "omg i just made possibly the worst decision of my life"

The strangest part is in person she is a completely logical person and is fun to be around. Her facebook, "personality," greatly contrasts who she seems to actually be like. Probably because she has 600+ friends and probably wants a more 'appealing' image of her to be displayed to all the cute boys she adds :l

Oh, and it pisses me off when people go through great lengths to make facebook pictures look ridiculous. I'm not talking about simple lighting editing and possibly a gradient map in photoshop. I'm talking about taking pictures at specific angles (you know they're doing this when the past 5 pictures have been at the same angle) and edit the picture so much it barely even looks like they do in person. Oh, and another picture annoyance is when people do ridiculous poses. E.g. having a picture of them taken while jumping into the air, making weird faces and sticking their tongue out, etc. What ever happened to simply looking at the camera and smiling? :mellow:

I should probably stop my facebook pet peeves before my post turns out as long as yours did :lol:

wl7w9j.png

Oh, and it pisses me off when people go through great lengths to make facebook pictures look ridiculous. I'm not talking about simple lighting editing and possibly a gradient map in photoshop. I'm talking about taking pictures at specific angles (you know they're doing this when the past 5 pictures have been at the same angle) and edit the picture so much it barely even looks like they do in person.

My friend's profile picture is his head photoshopped onto a guy who's shaking hands with Obama on the moon with my floating head in the background shooting laser beams at both of them. Is that what you meant?

I hate when people make really vague Facebook posts just so people will comment on it saying "OMG whats wrong???" or something. I do think it's hilarious when people have breakdowns over Facebook, though. There's just something about watching a person's life fall apart over a couple Facebook statuses that's just so entertaining, especially when they act like people actually care.

Besides that, I hate close-minded people.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

1. People who know nothing about the world. Norway is not part of the United Kingdom.

2. People who think that socialized health care means we will become Communist.

3. People who think that Communism is evil.

4. People who make ignorant statements about US involvement in the Middle East, when they know nothing of the individual nations involved, US relationships with these nations, the people of these nations, and can't even find the Middle East on the map. If you think that Aljazeera is a terrorist organization run by Saddam Hussein, you really need to do your research.

5. People who follow their religion blindly and without question.

6. Atheists who refuse to at least consider the possibility of a theist entity.

7. Anyone who feels that all war is stupid. Not all situations can be solved by the use of diplomacy. Actions speak louder than words.

8. Kim Jong Il

9. Disney, Nick, and other "pop stars". Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, the Wolff brothers, and others like them? They aren't talented. At all.

10. People who are against freedom of choice. This is anyone who opposes abortion, gay marriage, and anyone that thinks they should have any say in decisions thar directly affect the way you live your life.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

1. People who know nothing about the world. Norway is not part of the United Kingdom.

4. People who make ignorant statements about US involvement in the Middle East, when they know nothing of the individual nations involved, US relationships with these nations, the people of these nations, and can't even find the Middle East on the map. If you think that Aljazeera is a terrorist organization run by Saddam Hussein, you really need to do your research.

10. People who are against freedom of choice. This is anyone who opposes abortion, gay marriage, and anyone that thinks they should have any say in decisions thar directly affect the way you live your life.

...Americans?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

my econ professor is annoying the hell out of me lately. first off, his class has been a total waste of time, he can't lecture or stay on topic to save his life. and now he jipped me off the test before the final. so now i have to take the final which covers everything and therefore is more difficult than the test before which was just a few chapters

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

...Americans?

Yep.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Oh, and it pisses me off when people go through great lengths to make facebook pictures look ridiculous. I'm not talking about simple lighting editing and possibly a gradient map in photoshop. I'm talking about taking pictures at specific angles (you know they're doing this when the past 5 pictures have been at the same angle) and edit the picture so much it barely even looks like they do in person. Oh, and another picture annoyance is when people do ridiculous poses. E.g. having a picture of them taken while jumping into the air, making weird faces and sticking their tongue out, etc. What ever happened to simply looking at the camera and smiling? :mellow:

I should probably stop my facebook pet peeves before my post turns out as long as yours did :lol:

Well, my Facebook profile is the same as my Tip.it one. And I use a similar assumed name there, too.

So, I guess my entire Facebook is a lie. I mean, it says I have siblings named Tryvs and Uhtred, and Maelfe and Siegfried as parents.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

1. People who use the incorrect term. I was talking about elitism and meritocracy and how technically how the richest people have shown their ability through their financial capacity and probably more educated than averagely funded individuals because they have the funds to purchase an expensive education that they would be more competent to assume a public office. A freshman was like "z0mfg, u r a friggn razizt, 5tfu."

2. People who stereotype the religious to be uneducated, illogical and submissive.

3. People who think they know about the Middle East and yet they lack the ability to point to Iraq on a map, as well as believe the Arab-Israeli conflict is because Al Qaeda is trying to kill all Jews.

4. People who want excessive personal freedoms to be granted.

5. People who say they are versed in politics but believe fascism and communism are the same thing.

6. Pragmatism, moral relativism, post-modernism, Zionism, liberalism, anarchism, populism.

7. The UN

8. When you keep picking something up and it keeps falling back on the floor.

9. When you date a girl and she ends being a completely different person than when you originally started going out.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

2. People who stereotype the religious to be uneducated, illogical and submissive.

Uneducated, easily over 50% of the religious people are uneducated

Illogical, it is illogical to believe in something not proven. Dont agree? Define logical

Submissive, you dedicate like 1/10 of your free time to your religion if you go to church every week

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I hate when people post on FB with stuff that has NO MEANING AT ALL. e.x. lines that are supposed to be music lyrics, but they don't sound/look like them at all.

When some well-known people (case and point: Maynard James Keenan, although that's not to say I love Tool and APC.) post one or two word status'. Just think it's stupid.

When people use alot. A lot. Got it memorized? Mmkay.

People who think Miley Cyrus/anyone like that is the greatest singer of all time.

And people who use t.w.s.s. a lot. It's not funny all of the time.

Why not just make this a "How does Facebook annoy you?" thread? :razz:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

1. People who pull statistics from nowhere.

Anyone who says "70% of statistics are made up!!!" gets their [cabbage] [bleep]ed up.

---

Also, people who talk about drugs like doing them is some sort of accomplishment, but get defensive when criticized for it.

That isnt a statistic, noob. Its an educated guess based on personal observations.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I'm a cashier and it irritates me when people don't put the money in my hand but on the counter.

Crap, I've been pissing off a lot of cashiers then :s

Illogical, it is illogical to believe in something not proven. Dont agree? Define logical

Submissive, you dedicate like 1/10 of your free time to your religion if you go to church every week

Not to turn this into a religious debate, but who the hell are you to say you're right and others are wrong based on no proof?

I speak from experience when I say a lot of religious people are also educated, it's not illogical to a religious person and if they go to church, it's voluntarily. No one's holding a gun to their head and forcing them to go.

EDIT

When people can't differentiate between 'your' and 'you're'. It has become so common, I've found that usually if 'you're' is in the name of a song then the song name with 'your' instead is a more popular youtube search. Yes I know it's silly to think that it matters but it bothers me that people with English as their first language still get it wrong when I was taught it at the age of five.

Maybe the dictionary should just be changed to meet modern standards.

Same. I don't know why, but people just really suck at spelling simple stuff for some reason. I Gotta Feeling still bothers me, especially since I'm such a grammar nazi...

1 hour for church/168 hours in a week, definitely equal 1/10.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

People like this. Nothing makes me want to strangle a puppy more.

And those facebook groups that say "join to see this pikchur l0lol0l.