Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

>Buys chargrilled chicken pasta pot.

>Find 4 small pieces of chicken in it.

I also dislike the salad prawn pasta box that requires you to mix it because the ratio is not perfect.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

The supposedly funny, the supposedly pictures thread. This looks like the appropriate thread to post my annoyance in! I feel ya pepsiguy, I really do.

You weren't even a LOTPWer either as far as I remember.

What makes me mad is that when I take a 2 hour nap, it prevents me from going to sleep until 4:00am in the morning.

The blatant hypocrisy that plagues the TIF Administration.

inb4thispostisdeleted

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Yup. I say this coming off of my 4th ban. Shit's ridiculous lately.

At least it wasn't a 3 month ban though.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

You make it sound like a bad thing. Weren't you the one thanking the staff for banning you?

You make it sound like a bad thing. Weren't you the one thanking the staff for banning you?

I got shit done during that time but it was a long ban none the less.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

They try, but miss their mark a lot and (I think) cause more tension and distrust, than positive, inspired feeling. This is coming from a former staff.

lampost_sig_stark.png

The fact that, despite how long you research or how hard you push or how patient or courteous you are, you're still just the same rag doll as everyone else when it comes to nature.

For me, being reminded of this basic fact is actually a nice thing.

I was kind of in shock when I first read that, but thinking harder on it, it is oddly empowering. The fact that we even have a chance to [bleep] about unfairness at all is a miracle.

On topic: Dubstep/Techno/House. I can't even explain why - it's like an intelligent mosquito that knows precisely which buttons of yours to push.

Damn mafias and anti-virus companies, making these useless viruses to steal the non-existent credit card I have or make me torrent an AV. :roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

[hide=]

[/hide]

They try, but miss their mark a lot and (I think) cause more tension and distrust, than positive, inspired feeling. This is coming from a former staff.

I won't indulge in personal politics as an ex-staff member (although I could, believe me), but PR has been a severe problem for the admins for quite some time. It was pretty bad when I worked for them many years ago and hasn't got much better since.

[hide=]

[/hide]

I won't indulge in personal politics as an ex-staff member (although I could, believe me), but PR has been a severe problem for the admins for quite some time. It was pretty bad when I worked for them many years ago and hasn't got much better since.

No leadership group has perfect PR, they're always going to make mistakes. Overall I'm happy with the work the staff does here. Overall.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Would you be implying that it shouldn't be an objective to improve their PR, based on the premise that 'nobody has [it] perfect'?

I don't personally believe that it's about 'what we are'; rather, it's more about 'where we should be' - which in the case of Tip.it administration's PR, should be considerably better than what it is now.

It would seem obvious that you're referring to me. To label me a troll would imply intention - do you have even a shred of evidence of any intention of mine to incite a negative reaction from members on this board? I merely dispute - I don't launch personal attacks or appeal to a myriad of fallacies/rhetoric (or at least, I try to avoid them).

On what basis could you call me a pseudo-intellectual when I don't express a desire to be perceived as an intellectual in the first place? Nor have you any basis for your allegation of pretentiousness.

It would seem that you simply have a grudge against me on no rational grounds. Try letting go. Your vitriolic snark/diatribe is obvious - consider composing in a way that doesn't so clearly illustrate your emotional instability.

To label me a troll would imply intention. It would seem obvious that you're referring to me. On what basis could you call me a pseudo-intellectual when I don't express a desire to be perceived as an intellectual in the first place? Nor have you any basis for your allegation of pretentiousness.

It would seem that you simply have a grudge against me on no rational grounds. Try letting go. Your vitriolic snark is obvious - consider writing in a way that doesn't show your emotional instability so clearly.

As a purely observational point, your choice of words lately has been typical of a person who wishes to be perceived as an intellectual. Intentional or not, this is the message you are sending. I bolded a couple words in my quote since these are words not used in everyday conversation by anyone I have ever met, running the gambit from walking doorknobs to legitimate geniuses. Again, not a criticism, but every word has a time and place, and you seem to go out of your way to find the most exotic words that will still work, when much more common words would work just as well, if not better.

And finally, I remembered to post this one (I never remember it when I get home). I HATE stairs that are shorter than the standard. I find most stairs in the world are all the exact same height (or within like 4mm of each other). Taller stairs are okay, as long as it isn't rediculous. They might even be better. But I've encountered stairs that are anyplace from 1/3rd of normal to like 4/5ths, and they all suck. You have to take these little baby steps, or run up them 2 or 3 at a time.

People using obscure and 'smart sounding' words in normal conversations (IRL and on the internet) when they don't need to. I could look up a word on a thesaurus too, but I don't because it's just silly :unsure:

Edit: Snap :P

I'm also pretty annoyed about the Kony campaign. Yes, bad things are happening, but I promise you that liking some status isn't going to solve it.

Edited by Racheya

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I choose words that would more clearly articulate an idea. I will admit that in some instances, I use too many superfluous, elaborate terms - but that's not to serve the purpose of attempting to impress. It's to emphasize specific terms to deliver a clearer picture of what I'm saying. I do realise that I fail to achieve this objective on occasion, so I try to address it by limiting my terms to what I fully understand.

It seems that your criticism would be against conjecture, as opposed to pretentiousness.

EDIT - 'standard' vocabulary fails to deliver the magnitude of a particular idea, in addition to being more difficult to phrase correctly as the idea needs to be explained in full. Oh, and they aren't simply terms pulled from a thesaurus either. In many instances, they don't have synonyms, as they are an entire idea packed into a single word/phrase.

EDIT 2 - On 'pretentiousness', I merely reiterated his own term, so that's not a criticism against me, but himself.

As I said, every words has its time and place. They do exist for a reason. Your usage of some of them however is sometimes, to use your word, superfluous.

Also, a reminder that personal attacks are not permitted here (or anyplace on the forums), and sometimes putting some space between you and a certain poster might be required to avoid suggesting such (or if that's your actual intent, then just don't).

I've received that criticism before, and subsequently I've been addressing it since. It would seem pointless to restate what has already been said. I use specific terms to convey the magnitude unambiguously. I don't see the problem with that.

EDIT - What makes a term 'smart-sounding', or 'obscure' precisely? How exactly do you draw the line?

Pay attention to the words that people use in everyday conversation. If you have never heard anyone else use a particular word, or you only hear it very rarely, then do not consider it to be common use vocabulary.

I choose words that would more clearly articulate an idea. I will admit that in some instances, I use too many superfluous, elaborate terms - but that's not to serve the purpose of attempting to impress. It's to emphasize specific terms to deliver a clearer picture of what I'm saying. I do realise that I fail to achieve this objective on occasion, so I try to address it by limiting my terms to what I fully understand.

It seems that your criticism would be against conjecture, as opposed to pretentiousness.

EDIT - 'standard' vocabulary fails to deliver the magnitude of a particular idea, in addition to being more difficult to phrase correctly as the idea needs to be explained in full. Oh, and they aren't simply terms pulled from a thesaurus either. In many instances, they don't have synonyms, as they are an entire idea packed into a single word/phrase.

EDIT 2 - On 'pretentiousness', I merely reiterated his own term, so that's not a criticism against me, but himself.

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/orwell46.htm

Pretentious diction. Words like phenomenon, element, individual (as noun), objective, categorical, effective, virtual, basic, primary, promote, constitute, exhibit, exploit, utilize, eliminate, liquidate, are used to dress up a simple statement and give an air of scientific impartiality to biased judgements. Adjectives like epoch-making, epic, historic, unforgettable, triumphant, age-old, inevitable, inexorable, veritable, are used to dignify the sordid process of international politics, while writing that aims at glorifying war usually takes on an archaic color, its characteristic words being: realm, throne, chariot, mailed fist, trident, sword, shield, buckler, banner, jackboot, clarion. Foreign words and expressions such as cul de sac, ancien regime, deus ex machina, mutatis mutandis, status quo, gleichschaltung, weltanschauung, are used to give an air of culture and elegance. Except for the useful abbreviations i.e., e.g., and etc., there is no real need for any of the hundreds of foreign phrases now current in the English language. Bad writers, and especially scientific, political, and sociological writers, are nearly always haunted by the notion that Latin or Greek words are grander than Saxon ones, and unnecessary words like expedite, ameliorate, predict, extraneous, deracinated, clandestine, subaqueous, and hundreds of others constantly gain ground from their Anglo-Saxon numbers.* The jargon peculiar to Marxist writing (hyena, hangman, cannibal, petty bourgeois, these gentry, lackey, flunkey, mad dog, White Guard, etc.) consists largely of words translated from Russian, German, or French; but the normal way of coining a new word is to use Latin or Greek root with the appropriate affix and, where necessary, the size formation. It is often easier to make up words of this kind (deregionalize, impermissible, extramarital, non-fragmentary and so forth) than to think up the English words that will cover one's meaning. The result, in general, is an increase in slovenliness and vagueness.