Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Guys guys. As Assume Nothing said earlier, Tip.It is a place for debate. However, each debate has it's place and this one has carried on long enough in this specific thread. I'm sure you can understand. :P.

If you'd like to continue to debate further on this topic, you know where the PM button it.

Thanks again, guys and gals!

09144a99bb.png

Try pointing out which ones, Hedge. We've discussed the other reply, and it's more useful if you quoted it in context. It may have been necessary/useful if it was quoted within the passage as opposed to taken out into a list. There's no point arguing if you're referring to some random term in a very old post, because I wouldn't know what you're referring to.

Given that a moderator warning a posted seconds before I pressed submit, I'd like to give this thread a slight change in topic.

I'm annoyed at the excessive use of emotional appeals by activist organisations. I'd post some pictures, but I'm not sure if its too inappropriate at the moment - I'd contact a mod first. Here's a hint - it's from PETA.

Guys guys. As Assume Nothing said earlier, Tip.It is a place for debate. However, each debate has it's place and this one has carried on long enough in this specific thread. I'm sure you can understand. :P.

If you'd like to continue to debate further on this topic, you know where the PM button it.

Thanks again, guys and gals!

You WBM!

Oh. Wait.

:mrgreen:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

As opposed to someone who said he hates low stairs 2 pages back and takes them 2-3 steps at a time, I take regular steps 3 steps at a time. I am namely 2 metres tall. And think about how many steps I am supposed to take if the steps are lower.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Since we're on the topic of stairwells/stairs in general, I'd say that I have nothing against shallow steps since I take leaps on them anyway. I have a problem with narrow steps, simply because I'm more likely to fall on them if I misplace my foot.

I have a tendency to fall on any steps, partially thanks to my habit of running down taking 2 steps at a time and me having size 12.5 for you Americans sized feet. 47.5 for Europeans.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

To take a slightly different direction -

When media campaigns start doing this:

ssavethewhaleslarge.jpg

Upon reading that, I immediately began thinking "save the whales huh? So we should hunt fat people and take their "blubber" off of them?"

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I think its based on the flawed notion that 'eating meat -> obesity', 'to lose weight and thus be healthy -> go vegetarian'. That poster makes no sense anyways - it seems to endorse whales as its caption is to 'save the whales'.

To be fair, excessive meat consumption has been a factor in the recent trends of obesity. Not only that, but heart disease and renal failure (salt). However, the main point is this: If I want to eat healthily, I'll eat healthily. If I don't want to eat animals, I won't eat animals. Both statements stand to reason. "If I want to eat healthily, I won't eat animals," doesn't necessarily add up; it's quite easily possible to eat healthily and eat animals.

Actually we need to eat meat for a few reasons, but anything and everything is better in moderation.

Yeah, like murder!

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but the statement "everything in moderation" irks me :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Actually we need to eat meat for a few reasons, but anything and everything is better in moderation.

Yeah, like murder!

I was only talking about food :P

Yeah, like murder!

It's perhaps one of the few points that I can fully agree with you. I've never liked that phrase, and there's always the obvious exceptions like rape/murder/slavery/terrorism.

When people say everything in moderation, they don't literally mean everything.

Then why say "everything" if you don't mean "everything"?

EDIT: I know I'm nitpicking. I just dislike it when people say things they don't mean.

polvCwJ.gif

I actually see that as a good thing. Even if this whole Kony campaign is questionable, you've suddenly got a large volume of people who have been inspired to educate themselves a little bit about the country and (probably) Kony as well.

polvCwJ.gif

I've always taken the phrase 'everything in moderation' actually mean 'no excesses'. Essentially, realize that you can have too much of just about anything, and that you should have some balance in your life.

People really think that phrase is meant literally? A phrase is "A small group of words standing together as a conceptual unit, typically forming a component of a clause.". It's short hand for a concept. Rather than have to explain the whole concept every time in full detail, we just say "everything in moderation".

I think it would be clearer if it was stated rather than implied, unless it was clearly a figure of speech. It's completely plausible to be a literal principle, which is why I have a problem with the phrase.

I've never liked that phrase, and there's always the obvious exceptions like rape/murder/slavery/terrorism.

Yes, because people aren't telling you you shouldn't eat too much cake, they're telling you to go out and rape a few women, as long as you don't rape too many women.

Since when do we have to say everything literally? What happened to figuratively speaking? Are we supposed to change that sentence to "Everything is better in moderation, except for things like rape, murder and slavery, which are always bad."