Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Assume Nothing

Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

I've been carrying an unlabeled map for the last few weeks just for that purpose. Whenever someone says "X country sucks", or some other such stupidity, I take it out and ask them to point it out. One person didn't know where Mexico was :-|

You've got to have a backup plan in case somebody has basic knowledge of the world. You should ask about the most recent war said country was in.

Good point.

And if that fails, ask them who their leader was in 1645. If they can't answer who was leading Japan in 1645, they MUST be complete idiots. Pfft.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I've been carrying an unlabeled map for the last few weeks just for that purpose. Whenever someone says "X country sucks", or some other such stupidity, I take it out and ask them to point it out. One person didn't know where Mexico was :-|

You've got to have a backup plan in case somebody has basic knowledge of the world. You should ask about the most recent war said country was in.

Good point.

And if that fails, ask them who their leader was in 1645. If they can't answer who was leading Japan in 1645, they MUST be complete idiots. Pfft.

Bill Gates?

I used to read maps when I was little. When I was 9, living in Minny, I could tell you which interstates to use to get from any major city to another in America.

Yah.... :shades:

Staurolite.png

(My point was, it annoys the hell out of me when people know NOTHING about the country they live in)

What about when people know nothing about the rest of the world, and only know about their own countries? I think that's worse.

I think it is excusable for people to know nothing about anything as long as they don't pretend that they know something about it.

For instance, if someone doesn't know anything about events in Africa, but he just lives in his home in the hills of Virginia and doesn't really care about whats happening in the rest of the world, then thats fine.

Its annoying though when people try to say something like "This is the best country!" when they don't even know anything about other countries...

Haha that's very true. I was trolling on youtube the other day (as I do) and someone said to me "that's why everyone hates Australians". I was like "they do!? Why?". The answer was "because your country is so dumb". I couldn't argue with a fine point like that.

As to the dude that carries a map, if you want to slyly expose some ignorance in a conversation, ask them "what country do you think is really poor and needs more aid?". Often the 'country' the nominate is Africa...

As to the dude that carries a map, if you want to slyly expose some ignorance in a conversation, ask them "what country do you think is really poor and needs more aid?". Often the 'country' the nominate is Africa...

I really have to start doing this, sounds like fun.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I really have to start doing this, sounds like fun.

Im going to have some fun tomorrow.

1cHyX.jpg

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

THE SIZE OF THE DISLIKE BAR IS THE SIZE OF JUSTIN BIEBERS [bLEEP]

^ That on youtube

EDIT - Or maybe "[number of dislikes] people are [derogative term/statement]"

Mmhmm...the funny part about these people is when you ask'm who represents what (ie: the premier of their own province for example). They always respond with the prime minister...then I laugh and silently call them an idiot...

div>

Quick Question: Have you ever walked into a conversation about yourself? =/

Those backstabbers.

THE SIZE OF THE DISLIKE BAR IS THE SIZE OF JUSTIN BIEBERS [bLEEP]

^ That on youtube

Guhhhhh.... Couldn't agree more.

People that rave to certain kinds of music because others do. Although it could be applied to anything.

'I want X because it's nice. I now want Y and dislike X because Y is now better' When Y coincidently is the thing their friend has just bought.

sheep in general. Superdry is starting to annoy me....

And with the countries thing.. I have a real interest in Geography and although living in England, could probably name all 50 US states and approx/exact locations on a map.

Thats Just me.

Sometimes it works though. If the people making the comment actually tie it in to the video it can lead to nerd humor or fandom-related inside jokes, and that's always nice :razz:

This of course takes a level of intelligence far above that which the average Youtube commentator can be expected to achieve, which makes it all the sweeter when it happens.

Guest Rob

Sometimes it works though. If the people making the comment actually tie it in to the video it can lead to nerd humor or fandom-related inside jokes, and that's always nice :razz:

This of course takes a level of intelligence far above that which the average Youtube commentator can be expected to achieve, which makes it all the sweeter when it happens.

True.

Today:

"Yeah, Germany is a great country."

"NAZI!"

Today:

"Yeah, Germany is a great country."

"NAZI!"

Hundredth time this has been used, but...

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Professor-Farnsworth

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

People at my school are brain damaged.

Yesterday, I asked a girl what the capitol of Russia is. She answered, "Berlin".

I often troll by drawing a hammer and sickle on my hand in sharpie, and wait to be called a Nazi.

It's not just your school, believe me. No, I don't discriminate. If we work together, we can realize that there are SO MANY wonderfully [developmentally delayed]ed people that I hope to christ never try to reproduce or move to another country.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I often troll by drawing a hammer and sickle on my hand in sharpie, and wait to be called a Nazi.

It's not just your school, believe me. No, I don't discriminate. If we work together, we can realize that there are SO MANY wonderfully [developmentally delayed]ed people that I hope to christ never try to reproduce or move to another country.

People must love you and your air of superiority.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Guest Rob

I'm pretty sure you're allowed to call stupid people stupid without being superior to everyone.

Just the stupid ones.

Kinda hard not to feel superior when Miss Teen USA 2007 is a pretty common breed of person here.

It wouldn't even be a bother to me, and I certainly wouldn't consider myself superior, if it was just that people are ignorant of other cultures. There's plenty of things I have no idea about, obviously. It's when people make blind statements about USA NUMBUH ONE or how much [x country they heard about on Fox News one time] sucks, and are COMPLETELY unwilling to educate themselves on it when it comes up.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Kinda hard not to feel superior when Miss Teen USA 2007 is a pretty common breed of person here.

It wouldn't even be a bother to me, and I certainly wouldn't consider myself superior, if it was just that people are ignorant of other cultures. There's plenty of things I have no idea about, obviously. It's when people make blind statements about USA NUMBUH ONE or how much [x country they heard about on Fox News one time] sucks, and are COMPLETELY unwilling to educate themselves on it when it comes up.

So do you find it funny to troll people in real life? That's not gonna win you many friends.

Just let [cabbage] go. People are gonna be stupid if they want to be, ignorance is bliss. Just don't come onto a online forum and tell everyone how much smarter you are than they are.

jjroxlu7.jpg

So do you find it funny to troll people in real life? That's not gonna win you many friends.

Just let [cabbage] go. People are gonna be stupid if they want to be, ignorance is bliss. Just don't come onto a online forum and tell everyone how much smarter you are than they are.

image306.jpg

I'm not saying I'm smarter than everyone else. I'm saying that these people are not a problem when you just smile when they do something stupid, but when they're the majority in a particular area (that area in this case being my school), it gets VERY annoying. Especially when you consider these are the people that make all the stereotypes seem true.

Yes, I enjoy trolling in real life. I have my group of friends, and I'm sticking with them. They enjoy it too, and combined efforts can come up with some amazing things.

Again, I have no problem with people not knowing about a particular subject, I don't claim to be an all-knowing superbeing (except in random stupid trivia). What I DO have a problem with, is people being unwilling to LEARN when presented with the opportunity. It especially becomes a problem when they use it to harass people that aren't white Catholics.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

image306.jpg

I'm not saying I'm smarter than everyone else. I'm saying that these people are not a problem when you just smile when they do something stupid, but when they're the majority in a particular area (that area in this case being my school), it gets VERY annoying. Especially when you consider these are the people that make all the stereotypes seem true.

Yes, I enjoy trolling in real life. I have my group of friends, and I'm sticking with them. They enjoy it too, and combined efforts can come up with some amazing things.

Again, I have no problem with people not knowing about a particular subject, I don't claim to be an all-knowing superbeing (except in random stupid trivia). What I DO have a problem with, is people being unwilling to LEARN when presented with the opportunity.

The fact that you "troll" people in real life just screams that you spend to much time on the internet. For God's sake just say you're screwing with them, not trolling.

You're gonna have a very hard time in life if you can't deal with stupid people.

jjroxlu7.jpg