Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Encouraging stupid behavior reinforces stupid behavior. I suspect this kind of thing would be less common if teens weren't given positive reinforcement for things like this.

Having a child when you're clearly emotionally/financially unqualified to have one is bad for you, bad for your child, and bad for society.

Of course. Yet she's clearly already made a decision, so rather than using facebook to lecture her about her lack of judgement, you might as well be positive.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Agreed, which is what I'd have done...but some of the reactions on here made it seem like these people were encouraging her to join the KKK or something equally ridiculous.

polvCwJ.gif

Well it just seems that prior to things like FB and reality TV shows, if a girl got pregnant on accident, she was socially ostracised. But nowadays such things are celebrated instead, and consequently a lot of kids are being brought into the world w/o a "proper" upbringing, which leads to problems down the road for everybody.

But for all I know the statistics could say otherwise and my observations could be wrong :P

77yLQy8.png

What's done is done. Pragmatically, if you were her friends, wouldn't you think it's more constructive to offer support instead of castigating them for their choices? You make it sound like women being socially isolated because they were pregnant was somehow a good thing.

If I were her close friend (as opposed to just a random Facebook friend), I'd encourage her to put the kid up for adoption if she insisted on having it. I'm not necessarily saying that condemning women in her position is a good thing; I am, however, asserting that it's better than congratulating her for being stupid.

She's going to be very unhappy for the next 18+ years of her life. I feel especially sorry for the kid if there's no father figure in his/her life too.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

She'll receive justice and a half for her choice, whether she claws her way to a better life for her and her child or not. It's not really her fault. Making someone at that age understand the gravity of the situation is going to go as well as teaching your dog to play Halo 4 with you.

As for supporting your friends...no, I think there is a limit. I think there comes a point where even if you will always try to help them in whatever situation they happen to find themselves in, you have to take a step back and realize that your friend is making a terrible choice and not endorse it. Be there for them, keep the 'I told you so' to yourself, but don't tell them it was the right decision either, not if you really believe it wasn't.

Anyhow, uncontrolled children annoy me. Got back from a family get together, and my youngest cousins on that side (who I suppose would be once removed, not being of my generation) are running around, jumping, hitting, and screaming to the point where you keep hearing surges in volume of general conversation as people sitting next to each other struggle to hear themselves speak. The parents only acknowledge the children if they either either clawing each other or literally screaming, and do jack to try and calm them down. I'm sure the older people in attendance love the prospect of being knocked over so they can break a hip, and I'm sure the neighbors in the next apartment down were thrilled when one of the girls walked around in a healed shoe twice the size of her foot (BANG BANG BANG) for a full minute before her mother even noticed.

Although I like to be sociable with people around me even if I don't know them, I am a very introverted person, so I can only go so far without starting to feel tired. At family events I usually end up babysitting the children while popping in and out of conversation with the adults, because I love looking after children anyway. It is frustrating when you see a child doing something that is so blatantly unsafe and you try and make eye contact with one of the parents to say "I can't physically drag your child away from danger because that would be assault, aren't you going to do something about it", but they're so busy in their own little conversation they completely ignore you.

You can usually guarantee that exact same parent will object to their child eating something from the buffet table too, like a breadstick or something, because their appetite will be out of sync and that means they won't go to sleep or have another meal at a certain time later. Completely self-indulgent.

She'll receive justice and a half for her choice, whether she claws her way to a better life for her and her child or not. It's not really her fault.

You're not suggesting that getting pregnant and choosing to keep the baby isn't her fault are you? Because she's fully responsible for that.

77yLQy8.png

I'ma be flamed for this but...abortion is always an option. You got like, 5 months to decide really. Technically even more but that's iffy.

I just don't understand how people could not be more in favor of abortion. Typically, people are such self-centered jerks. When the time comes to be the ultra-self centered jerk, they refuse. wtf

• Like 3

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'ma be flamed for this but...abortion is always an option. You got like, 5 months to decide really. Technically even more but that's iffy.

I just don't understand how people could not be more in favor of abortion. Typically, people are such self-centered jerks. When the time comes to be the ultra-self centered jerk, they refuse. wtf

There are all of those moral, ethical, and social reasons, in addition to some that are undoubtedly incomprehensible to men. Don't think it's as simple as crossing the jerk event horizon. :razz:

Well it just seems that prior to things like FB and reality TV shows, if a girl got pregnant on accident, she was socially ostracised. But nowadays such things are celebrated instead, and consequently a lot of kids are being brought into the world w/o a "proper" upbringing, which leads to problems down the road for everybody.

But for all I know the statistics could say otherwise and my observations could be wrong :P

People who had premarital sex also used to be socially ostracized...that was probably a contributing factor.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif

She'll receive justice and a half for her choice, whether she claws her way to a better life for her and her child or not. It's not really her fault.

You're not suggesting that getting pregnant and choosing to keep the baby isn't her fault are you? Because she's fully responsible for that.

Not at all. I mean that it's not her fault that she can't understand the repercussions of the choice to keep the child. She doesn't have the life experience, the perspective, or the mental development required to really understand the gravity of the situation and what this will mean for both her and her child considering a time span that is decades long. She will however have plenty of time to think on all the choices she has made leading up to her present situation, regardless of the support she gets and how she deals with having a child.

• Like 2

One thing that annoys me with xmas family reunions is how people try to force food on you and insist to the point of harassment. It seems like the social convention is to eat everything including things you don't like, out of a sense of politeness. That's just stupid. If I'm not hungry anymore or I dislike a dish, I won't eat it plain and simple.

What's ironic is many family members who used to be annoying have had to change their diets due to health reasons. Now they're eating tasteless diet food. Who's laughing now?

2480+ total

When I read that, I feel more glad I don't get involved in the Holidays as much as others. It looks far too annoying for what it's worth considering it's a food-related aspect of culture.

I'd rather just eat food on one plate and that's it, two if I am feeling in the mood.

I know some people end up eating ridiculous amounts of food to be polite, including more than one dinner in a day. I've never had that problem though, mostly because I have no obligations that would see me seeing two different houses for multiple meals. We have always been host on Christmas, and often on Boxing Day as well. Suits me just fine.

It annoys the hell out of me when you change your name faster than I can keep up. :P

I do like the new name though. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It annoys the hell out of me when you change your name faster than I can keep up. :P

I do like the new name though. :thumbup:

Oddly, I feel very comfortable with this name for some reason.

Don't worry though. I'll promise to never change it for your sake. :P

I don't understand the reference to your name... unless there isn't one oops.

To keep on topic, everything annoys me.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I went to the movies last night so here are some movie annoyances.

When my family eats half of the popcorn before the movie even starts

When the person directly in front of you decides to check the time every 15 minutes

When the person in your peripheral vision decides to check their messages every 20 minutes

When the family next to you starts to loudly pat their asthmatic child on the back during the second half of the movie

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'm not sure how back patting helps asthma, though it's a brilliant way to kill people who are choking (it's generally only used on infants because they are easy to put into a slightly upside down position, and you can quickly roll them to alternate back slaps with chest compressions. It's also used for people with cystic fibrosis, but again, they need to be somewhat inverted or it sends stuff into your lungs rather than out).

I think cellphones in at the movies in general are quite annoying. I've always considered it just a little bit sad that they even have to say things like please don't talk, and please don't text, and turn your stupid phone off.

If ever there was a reason for gun control, it's people who use their cell phones at the movies. <_<

Like Shepherd Book said, there's a special level of Hell reserved for "child molesters and people who talk at the theater." :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...