Assume Nothing

Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

University registration websites are always the worst, even when they don't crash.  Just finding something can be a major hassle, particularly with a search that doesn't work.  That's the problem when there's someone's brother-in-law always seems to be in charge :/.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I've never really had a problem with my University's site but that might be because we're only ~10k students. Don't you guys get access to the site in waves? On Monday grad students, athletes, and honors students get to pick classes, then Tuesday is seniors, Wednesday is juniors and so on.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I've never really had a problem with my University's site but that might be because we're only ~10k students. Don't you guys get access to the site in waves? On Monday grad students, athletes, and honors students get to pick classes, then Tuesday is seniors, Wednesday is juniors and so on.

My school happens to do that :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Mines in waves as well.

People who don't logically think about health-related things. My friend is vegan and always says stupid shit like how eating vegan cures incurable cancer (...) and generally praises the health benefits of veganism, but then he'll inhale tons of toxic smoke multiple times a day as he smokes pot. And then he'll proceed to eat over a thousand calories of potato chips and cookies that happen to be vegan in one sitting when he gets the munchies. Yeah, I'm the unhealthy one because I eat grilled skinless chicken breast with my fruits and vegetables and I happen to exercise regularly and not smoke every day.  :roll:

• Like 1

Debt.

A couple of weeks back I decided to put the financial part of my life into gear and started working many more hours at my job. While I'm glad I have a feeling of purpose at my work (I used not to) it's quite sad to see hundreds of my hard-earned dollars go to debt I so naively, yet foolishly, took.

A month or two more and I should be out of it. Can't wait for the day I gotta stop signing on that loan website.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/robin-williams-why-funny-people-kill-themselves/

This article. Pseudo science and pop psychology at its finest. A quote from it:

comedy, of any sort, is usually a byproduct of a tumor that grows on the human soul. If you know a really funny person who isn't tortured and broken inside, I'd say A) they've just successfully hidden it from you, B) their [bleep]ed-uppedness is buried so deep down that even they're in denial about it, or C) they're just some kind of a mystical creature I can't begin to understand.

I guess most of my friends and I are just mystical creatures that he can't begin to understand. :roll:

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

yeah, it's pretty horseshit, multiplied by the ~wacky hyperbole~ that all cracked writers seem to think is the peak of the frosty mountain of humour. why don't they just stick to lists of shit they found trawling wikipedia.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Yes, Muggi, all of it is true. Give in to your inner suffering (Don't lie to me, it's in there somewhere!) and let the angst flow through you. Only then will you know true humor.

ckkdXFT.jpg

Seriously though, Cracked is basically the website version of a smug neckbeard who thinks he's a misunderstood intellectual in a world of sheep.

• Like 4

Read some of the comments on the article. All of the comments which questioned the author's rationale were downvoted into oblivion lol. Dat groupthink

77yLQy8.png

I still read cracked, but I think their quality went way down a few years ago. It's not really funny anymore.

I believe Cracked hit rock bottom once Winston Rowntree came into the picture. They haven't recovered since. I still check back every once in awhile for Bowie's and Bucholz's articles.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I maintain that Cracked was never funny and is basically just Buzzfeed for "nerdy" high school kids.

• Like 2

I always assumed Cracked writers came in four flavors: arrogant and obnoxious, delusions of being humorous, a combination of the two, or really good. At least, that is what I adopted as a mentality since I got sick of John Cheese once and for all and saw their photoplasty contests go from "creative photoshopping" to "paste a random "fact" over an image". Even though I only browsed it for less than a year, I consider un-bookmarking Cracked up there with quitting Runescape as one of the best choices I ever made in my life.

Incorrectly formatted quotes inside quotes. It's almost as bad as unclosed quotations/parentheticals.

Also, the unknowable way to end a sentence in a parenthetical (is it with the period inside or outside the left parenthesis? What if there is a sentence inside, where do you put the period for the inner sentence and the period for the outer sentence?).

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Incorrectly formatted quotes inside quotes. It's almost as bad as unclosed quotations/parentheticals.

Also, the unknowable way to end a sentence in a parenthetical (is it with the period inside or outside the left parenthesis? What if there is a sentence inside, where do you put the period for the inner sentence and the period for the outer sentence?).

Tbh I'm glad you said parenthesis. It annoys me when people use "parenthese" as the singular form

And the answer to your question is if you need a full sentence in a parenthetical, you don't need a parenthetical

• Like 1

Also, the unknowable way to end a sentence in a parenthetical (is it with the period inside or outside the left parenthesis?

Tbh I'm glad you said parenthesis. It annoys me when people use "parenthese" as the singular form

And the answer to your question is if you need a full sentence in a parenthetical, you don't need a parenthetical

Nah, parentheses totally change how the reader interprets a sentence. There are times where you want a full sentence/multi sentence aside.

Also, [bleep] you for removing the right parenthesis. I was really paranoid for a second that I had made myself seem a fool.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Also, the unknowable way to end a sentence in a parenthetical (is it with the period inside or outside the left parenthesis?

Nah, parentheses totally change how the reader interprets a sentence. There are times where you want a full sentence/multi sentence aside.

Also, [bleep] you for removing the right parenthesis. I was really paranoid for a second that I had made myself seem a fool.

Nah you [bleep]ed up
  • Like 1

Whenever I drop the F bomb I type too fast and write "nig" instead of "ing" at the end of the word. irritates the crap out of me when I do that because I feel like a racist for typing "nig" >.>

lets just go with typing a totally different word unintentionally. 

Popoto.~<3

FB posts like this: "This morning, my phone charger to my IPHONE stopped working, so I got in my CAR and drove to Walgreens (where I could buy anything I possibly WANTED including MEDICINE) and purchased a NEW phone charger. Just like that! Simple first world problem solved. We are so privileged in this country, we begin to think we are self-sufficient, but we're not. We need God; we are not self sustained. All things were created for Him and through Him. In Him, ALL THINGS HOLD TOGETHER. This world and our lives are HELD TOGETHER by Jesus Christ. It is my prayer that God would break America if that's what it takes for us to realize our reliance on Him."

None of this makes sense at all...

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

FB posts like this: "This morning, my phone charger to my IPHONE stopped working, so I got in my CAR and drove to Walgreens (where I could buy anything I possibly WANTED including MEDICINE) and purchased a NEW phone charger. Just like that! Simple first world problem solved. We are so privileged in this country, we begin to think we are self-sufficient, but we're not. We need God; we are not self sustained. All things were created for Him and through Him. In Him, ALL THINGS HOLD TOGETHER. This world and our lives are HELD TOGETHER by Jesus Christ. It is my prayer that God would break America if that's what it takes for us to realize our reliance on Him."

None of this makes sense at all...

On the upside, at least the message didn't end with "Like this if you love our lord or savior or else you aren't Christian".

I swear those kinds of messages were one of the top three things that made me delete my account. [bleep] that site.

It's been a while, I'm surprised this thread has been active for so many years. I suppose it annoys me that some of my older posts have such an eccentric, difficult to read tone. It's a shame, because I would have loved to have had a mentor figure in my life that would have been an older and wiser and more mature version of myself so I wouldn't have had to go through that phase. I've experienced this before, but experiencing this again feels weird.

Does anyone else look back at some of their older conversations and think the same?

• Like 1

Being broke. Right now I have $7 in my bank account, and everything I buy from now until October is going straight onto my Visa. Even though I'll probably only have $20 or so in interest accumulated it annoys me that it's a wasted $20.

My keys in my pocket while I try to go run, like some sort of wild animal that won't sit still!  Maybe I should just leave them at home with the door unlocked, sigh.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png