Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

I remember reading somewhere that the reason black and white documents require some colored ink is because each printer has a "signature" that it prints on everything that you can't see so it can be traced back to the printer it came from. I have no clue if this is true or not, but I didn't just make it up.

On-topic: When customers don't know how to give you their money and try to anyway. I can't tell you the number of times I've had a customer at work hand me the bills and change all at once. They'll like fold a dollar bill or something in half, hide 37 cents in it, and hand it to you in such a way that if you grab it in any way that isn't the way they were just holding it, fireworks of coins will appear. Then they get annoyed that I dropped their money.

Related: People who claim to hate change (The money kind). Personally, I love change. I have a container in my room that I fill up with whatever I acquire over time and cash it in after like a year and, BAM, there's $300 that I wouldn't have otherwise had if I just threw my money at stray cats or whatever people do with their change. I don't really care if you want to pay with exact change, but please don't dig for a penny for 2 minutes when I have a line that's half a mile long. It's not even just the stereotypical old women that do this. It's a significant portion of the population that doesn't seem to have one demographic make up the majority of it.

Ironically, they probably think they're doing you a favor by not making you count out 99 cents of change (or whatever) :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

my real estate/landlords.

This place is seriously pissing me off. The community kitchen is never cleaned appropriately, I have drug dealers living across from me with the stench flowing in each time he opens his door, there are [bleep]ing COCKROACHES everywhere in the building and they've never done a pest inspection including coming into my room via pipes and the kitchen AND they've never fixed any of the broken things in this room since i first lodged it when I first moved in.

As soon as my friends organise a place to move to, I'm lodging a lease break and demanding they pay me back my bond for failing to uphold their tenant agreement. I'll pay for the usual cleaning fee like dry cleaning for the carpet etc, but if they try and dodge it and withhold my bond, They can bet their arse I'll drag them to court.

Popoto.~<3

Well, this has been an ordeal.

-CPU repeatedly experiences heat issues and going into thermal shutdown, becoming more and more frequent. I find out that it's overclocked (bought this PC second-hand), and the stock cooler can't handle it.

-Attempt to install cooling tower, and when removing the heatsink, the CPU comes out with it, bending some pins in the process.

-Rage and watch a tutorial, realizing that I would have had to take out the entire motherboard anyway.

-Attempt to have a PC in the meantime by putting the HDD into an older desktop. While taking it out, one of the brackets snaps.

-Once screwed into the new PC, something is wrong, windows "attempts repairs", nothing comes of it. So the HDD might be screwed.

-Go for a hard shutdown... and the power button pushes into the case.

-End up hooking my brother's old laptop up to my monitor and keyboard. Functionally similar, though gaming isn't happening. And it's Windows 8.

Finally said screw it. I've ordered a new processor, and I'm taking it, the new cooler, and the PC to a computer shop and saying "Here's some cash, you do it."

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

It was probably driver problems when you put the hdd in the other computer. Putting it back in the computer it belongs too should make it work again unless the startup repair did something it shouldn't have.

But yeah looks like it was an AMD that you have.

Talking about OC, you reminded me I wanted to do it to my computer, it's so old and weak now that I can't do much with it, and I can't afford to build another yet.

It was probably driver problems when you put the hdd in the other computer. Putting it back in the computer it belongs too should make it work again unless the startup repair did something it shouldn't have.

Ah, that helps to know. And it was an AMD. I take it they have a reputation for this kind of thing?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Ah, that helps to know. And it was an AMD. I take it they have a reputation for this kind of thing?

No it's just because they have PGA processors while Intel has LGA processors. Pins are on the Porcessor for AMD while they are on the motherboard for Intel.

The fact that somehow I manage to book every single evening for at least a week beforehand. Can't have nearly anything done in short term notices...

Case in point: Monday, start with work, then school, then frat classes and dancing.

Tuesday: interview with local elders for my coursework.

Wednesday: Writing an essay.

Thursday: Finishing up said essay.

Friday: Work, then immediately off to Brussels until Monday.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I don't see how writing an essay and finshing an essay automatically books you for that night. You gotta be flexible with your times.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Cause it is due date by Thursday midnight.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

The last interview that I need as a basis as my essay takes place on Tuesday...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Well, this has been an ordeal.

-CPU repeatedly experiences heat issues and going into thermal shutdown, becoming more and more frequent. I find out that it's overclocked (bought this PC second-hand), and the stock cooler can't handle it.

-Attempt to install cooling tower, and when removing the heatsink, the CPU comes out with it, bending some pins in the process.

-Rage and watch a tutorial, realizing that I would have had to take out the entire motherboard anyway.

-Attempt to have a PC in the meantime by putting the HDD into an older desktop. While taking it out, one of the brackets snaps.

-Once screwed into the new PC, something is wrong, windows "attempts repairs", nothing comes of it. So the HDD might be screwed.

-Go for a hard shutdown... and the power button pushes into the case.

-End up hooking my brother's old laptop up to my monitor and keyboard. Functionally similar, though gaming isn't happening. And it's Windows 8.

Finally said screw it. I've ordered a new processor, and I'm taking it, the new cooler, and the PC to a computer shop and saying "Here's some cash, you do it."

*8-hour sigh*

Took it to a place to have the job done, they basically told me they know nothing about computers but they totally have a guy that does if I come in Friday. Turns out their expert's knowledge ends with HDD and RAM. Ended up putting in the processor myself, but the whole motherboard has to come out before I can put the heatsink in.

*thousand-year sigh*

Edit: Ended up doing the whole damn thing myself. The cooler isn't screwed in correctly AT ALL, but it's not falling out, so as far as I'm concerned it's fine. Now the HDD is giving me troubles as well, but I'll deal with it later. It's enough for me that it boots at all.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I forgot to take clean underwear with me to this trip.

UN-[bleep]ing-BELIEVABLY bad feeling like this.

Never again.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I forgot to take clean underwear with me to this trip.

UN-[bleep]ing-BELIEVABLY bad feeling like this.

Never again.

You didn't seem to have a need for it during your...erm...previous exploits you bragged about on the Today thread.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.