Assume Nothing

Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

I'm not that bad am I? :(

Anyway when I lay or sit on my bed and then touch metal I get an annoying static electricity shock every time. Every. Single. Time. So annoying!

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm not that bad am I? :(

Yes, you are the absolute worst. How dare you, you evil authority person you!

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER and such

Well, at least you didn't say I deserved the static shocks or anything! Always look on the bright side...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I hate gated communities. They're a pain in the ass for everyone that doesn't live there and they drive up the prices of otherwise average homes/apartments because apparently adding a gate makes a place more "upscale". 

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

When the person working the night shift leaves you a huge mess for the morning.

Or when the person working the night shift calls in sick, no one covers it, so you gotta work a double.  -_-

j0xPu5R.png

USairways

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

My roommate is a sub-par cook at best but always criticizes my cooking (without tasting it, just watching me make it). He came into the kitchen while I was making a pan sauce just now and decided to talk shit about what I was doing. Basically while I was seasoning it he was telling me that I was adding too many different spices ("I feel like if you're not making Indian food, 4 different spices are too many").

The sauce was literally just sauteed onions and garlic in butter, then added red wine.  I put some brown sugar, cinnamon, cumin, chili powder, and ginger.  After telling me it was going to be "too crowded" (His rebuttal to me saying that complexity of flavor was a good thing), he decided to try it (after I told him he couldn't have any).  His comment was that it was "bland".

Mother [bleep]er talked shit about me over seasoning the sauce and then complained about the exact opposite.  In his defense, I meant to add a little soy sauce to bring out the flavor a bit more, but I forgot because he was bothering me while I tried to cook.

He said he probably has more taste-buds than me and that's why he doesn't need to season his food (what?). But he really likes the chili I make that has probably 8 or 9 spices and he liked the beans that I made the other day that were in a sauce of basically every spice we have in the kitchen.

tl;dr: My friend is an annoying little shit sometimes who likes to have opinions on and complain about things that literally in no way effect him. I'm totally going to drink his milk tomorrow to get back at him hahaha

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Have you noticed that the cashiers in the express lanes bag stuff more slowly? It just feels like in the regular aisles they bag the stuff and don't mess around ._. Maybe it's just that they have a second person there to help them half the time though, I don't know...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Have you noticed that the cashiers in the express lanes bag stuff more slowly? It just feels like in the regular aisles they bag the stuff and don't mess around ._. Maybe it's just that they have a second person there to help them half the time though, I don't know...

Here in germany we usually don't have someone to do the bagging. The cashier slides it over the scanner, you bag it yourself. And tbh, I'm happy with that - A nearby supermarket had helpers for bagging, with a tip jar. Annoyed the hell out of me. Sure it may be slightly faster because I might not be completely done packing when the cashier is done and I need to pay, but we're talking about a few seconds. And I can't stand anything where tips are expected instead of a thank you for a good service that went beyond what's required anyway. Usually I'd use the lane where nobody was there to help with the packing, even if the line was longer...

I distinctly remember this same exact conversation occurring like 3 months ago.

• Like 2

Yeah let's talk about something else

I'm annoyed that I can't find anything new/creative to complain about. :twisted:  :rolleyes:

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I got one

My headphones are broken. I got them for christmas

I got one

My headphones are broken. I got them for christmas

I tend to break headphones regularly. It's my curse.

j0xPu5R.png

Here in germany we usually don't have someone to do the bagging. The cashier slides it over the scanner, you bag it yourself. And tbh, I'm happy with that - A nearby supermarket had helpers for bagging, with a tip jar. Annoyed the hell out of me. Sure it may be slightly faster because I might not be completely done packing when the cashier is done and I need to pay, but we're talking about a few seconds. And I can't stand anything where tips are expected instead of a thank you for a good service that went beyond what's required anyway. Usually I'd use the lane where nobody was there to help with the packing, even if the line was longer...

I might as well scan the items myself as well if they aren't going to bag them.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

And we have self-service kiosks in some places. You scan and pack everything.

Hangovers.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I would have broken my pencil in half by now if it weren't for the fact I'm drawing with a mechanical one. Anatomy, proportion, perspective, shading, hands, there isn't a single aspect of drawing that isn't tricky as [bleep]. I must of sunk at least 500 hours practising in the last few months but everything is as tricky as ever.

• Like 1

2480+ total

I would have broken my pencil in half by now if it weren't for the fact I'm drawing with a mechanical one. Anatomy, proportion, perspective, shading, hands, there isn't a single aspect of drawing that isn't tricky as [bleep]. I must of sunk at least 500 hours practising in the last few months but everything is as tricky as ever.

There is a lot to be said for using your composition to draw attention away from the things that didn't come out quite right. It's less about getting everything right and more about getting it just right enough that people don't notice, or getting it wrong in a way that evokes a certain feeling~

• Like 1

We've been getting spam emails prompting us to register for something, and we just received an apology...in the form of another email <_<. *sigh*

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Sitting next to my dad when he's eating, makes soo much noise it sounds like he's munching his way through a bag of rocks, is there really any need?

Sitting next to my dad when he's eating, makes soo much noise it sounds like he's munching his way through a bag of rocks, is there really any need?

My father does more or less the same thing. I start to wonder if I do it too though...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

There is a lot to be said for using your composition to draw attention away from the things that didn't come out quite right. It's less about getting everything right and more about getting it just right enough that people don't notice, or getting it wrong in a way that evokes a certain feeling~

I've been thinking about it and I think my problem is I fuss over details too much. When I can't draw something right I obsess over it until I get it correctly. I usually do in the end and I'm sure I'm learning something in the process but I end up burning myself out.

When I think about it, my weakness is definitively anatomy and perspective (of limbs etc).  Maybe I should draw comics or something, less details, more about overall shapes.

2480+ total

It's important to keep practicing until you get it right, but look at other people's art. It's never perfect, so you shouldn't expect yours to be perfect either. You should still recognize where your issues are (anatomy), and take measures to improve it (take a course on anatomy in art), but don't let those issues frustrate you.