Back in my day...

1roddad1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in my day, you wanted something, walk around and find a merch to sell it to you.

Back in my day, one of the most proficient jobs was scamming.

Back in my day, everything wasn't so easily laid out and safe for you.

Back in my day, money wasnt so easy to get.

GG.gif

Back in my day I was a noob, I'm still a noob lol

Back in my day I was foolish enough to fall for the wilderness teleport scam

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Moved this to Questionnaires as there's nothing really to be discussed and the main post is basically a question. :-)

To contribute; Back in my day I learned to forget about the past because the future is always promisingly brighter.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Back in my day, you had to shout for hours to buy anything-or to sell anything.

Back in my day, people actually helped newbies.

Back in my day, people were starting to consider themselves better than others because they had been playing longer.

Back in my day, I'd run from remmington mines to Falador's furnace to Doric's anvil in circle, with a stop at the general store in Falador to sell the bronze/iron/steel stuff.

WarBlastoise.png

Back in my day we didn't have a wilderness ditch to jump across. There was no visible line, and if you wandered over it then too bad!

Back in my day there was no "pure" essence. We only got essence and we liked it just fine!

Back in my day there was no bank in Lumbridge (let alone 2 banks). You had to walk uphill to Draynor Village! Both ways!

Back in my day we didn't get to choose what randoms gave us. If they felt like giving you 25 gp then that's what you got! And they didn't teleport us away either. We fought the KBD and still made time to say hello to the drunken dwarf. It was a little thing we called manners!

:-D

rssig2.png

Back in my day, Runescape sucked. It's much better now.

+1

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

In my day, we didn't have any fancy Grand Exchange - we had to walk to meet up with other players to make transactions, and the possibility of getting scammed was very high. People would stand in the banks or around them in certain pre-designated sections that told you what category of items they were buying/selling - for example, there was a rares section, a rune armour section, an amulets section that was located in that anvil place south of west Varrock bank, etc. It was more convenient than the GE, technically, if you knew where to go + waited for some good deals, as there were always people selling/or buying on World 1+ 2. And I mean ALWAYS. Back in those days, World 1 was always almost full no matter what time of the day it was. Ahh, good times.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Back in my day we all used Torags and dragon chain armor. Dragon platelegs didn't have spikes in them. If you went to a drop party in the wild, it was a scam. Dragon med helms were one million each, and I could buy and sell ranger boots for less than a million each. The Kalphite Queen was one of the best ways to make money and spiny ranged armor was a common site.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Back in my day Jagex released sleeping bags, and before that mining was the only skill that gave you "fatigue"...

Then again, Jagex made both of those completely obsolete with randoms :)

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Well back in my day I remember walking around when Rune wasn't in the game, best weapon was addy b-axe. I remember my irl friend getting scammed in a trade he was doing, trading rune b-axe for rune square for some reason, but he went into the trade and the other guy ended up getting his rune b-axe and keeping his rune square(8 years ago when it was a lot of money) I also remember he saved up 2000 silver certs to trade to this guy for a Rune 2handed sword :lol: aahh memories.

Dakr06.png

Back in my days I was young and stupid, but now I am old.

And still stupid.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Starting with a rune long and switching to a R2H was the best way to duel.

You could right click duel anyone, anywere, but mainly in the center of lumby

Varrock west was the GE

You had to use certs to sell more than 28 lobbies at a time.

Ranging, Fighting, Mageing = Full rune

Not even that far back, i remember when whips were at 30 mil.

and finally, I remember buying a white p hat for 100k, and saying that it was expensive, and selling it for 10 mil a few months later thinking i made a profit.....i still kick myself for that!

Guest jrhairychest

Back in my day, I died to the level 7 wizards south of Varrock... :mellow:

I did this...quite a few times.... :-?

Back in my day, we didn't have noobs to make posts like this.

*Cough lol*

Back in my day... Not much High level 100+. And I missed when people say "Hey, that guy is high level" back in the days.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~