Favorite alcoholic beverage?

stevepole

What do you like to drink when you go out? Or in general what is your favorite alcoholic beverage? Personally I enough a Corona or Dos Equis with lime when I'm chilling at home or drinking at a friends house. When it comes to hard alcohol, I'm sort of a wuss, and I'll only do shots of vodka. When I'm at a bar I'll usually order a Adios [bleep] to get me started and then stick to whatever the house special is on beer.

Disclaimer: This thread is not intended to encourage or promote underage drinking.

tFtfA.jpg

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a cider man. In fact, last night I had a strange dream about cider. I dreamt i was at a pub and had asked if they had any other ciders as they only had Strongbow on tap. I was given a red/pink coloured cider. As I can't taste in my dreams, I can't say what it tasted of, but it must have been good as i managed to drink a fair amount of it with no hesitation in the dream.

Anyway, yes I am a cider man. Pear cider recently too, but normally anything which isn't strongbow if possible. I don't know why, but it tastes a bit too sharp for me. Normally scrumpy jack if possible.

If i'm not drinking cider, i am usually drinking double Vodka Coke's or Jagerbombs. The problem is Jagerbombs are expensive for what they are, but they do taste better.

The worst thing (not tasting, just worst) thing I have ever drank was something called a '[cabbage]ty shot' (yes it will get censored). That was not the official name, but it was a spirit the student union at a university I visited had been given for free when buying an order of another drink. It was 55% and they were selling it for £1 a shot. Because we were only there for pre-drinking, i would buy 1 Jagerbomb and two of these shots, down them both then down the bomb to wash the taste out. After doing that a few times, lets say i lost a few hours and woke up in a Hospital bed.

EDIT: Add to this 'worst drink' part which I just remembered, a friend of a friend brought a bottle of strawberry tinted Vodka from, drum-roll.......IKEA. Yep the furniture sellers. It had the longest after taste I have ever, well, tasted.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I drink cider. Yummy yummy cider. However if I know me and my mates are going for a few nights, or we're playing drinking games, I'll drink vodka, so that the hangovers aren't too bad. Also I love me a good bit of Jagermeister, and pernod, and sambuca. Not a fan of beer as such, would rather stick to cider on a night out on the town, however thats rare.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

I looked at Danqazmlp's profile and I was like... Wait what? He's only 19. Then I remembered that you only need to be 18 to drink in most countries :wall:

I can't really imagine how life would be in these 3 years if I couldn't drink. At 18+ you really start having the big nights out and such. Even at 16-17 there was not much to do while out except drink, 3 more years of that would have been a bit of a waste in a sense. I just can't imagine my life right now if I couldn't drink.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

I looked at Danqazmlp's profile and I was like... Wait what? He's only 19. Then I remembered that you only need to be 18 to drink in most countries :wall:

16 here and a lot of people start to experiment with drinking before that.

I generally drink whatever gets me smashed in a short amount of time. I don't like the taste of alcohol except in some fruity cocktails which are always way too expensive in clubs and too much of a hassle to make when outside :rolleyes: . When I drink beers to sustain my drunkenness I don't really mind the taste then :P .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Only strong stuff i like is Kosenkenkorva Salmiakki. I drink lager when i want to get drunk, else i drink ale/stout/bitters.

One that i like, but which my friends like is Newcastle Brown... Had a few when i was 16 and on holiday in England and liked it since. I like Guinness but i never order it at the pub since it seems that they water it and it tastes like [cabbage].

One that i dislike, i had one mouthful and then emptied the bottle: Krušovice.

A bit of name dropping: Spitfire, Murphy's, Kilkenny, "x-mass/easter beers", Abbot Ale, Bishops Finger, Bombardier etc. There's an enormous amount that still needs to be covered.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

It's become very popular here in the UK. There was an article I read which said the sales had doubled from 2003-2006 or something along those lines. It usually has a much higher % than lager, but imo tastes much nicer. Although there some is better than others as with every drink, so if you have one bad drink, don't let it put you off cider forever.

zqXeV.jpg

I'm torn between real ales and cider. Being in Norwich, we have pubs that brew their own beers, some of which are the finest in the country. I'm especially fond of a certain beer called 'Fat Cat Honey Ale', which quite literally has Norfolk honey in it. Ever since a certain 'incident' involving Vodka and bad pizza which happened about a year ago, I've never enjoyed spirits since.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Normally when i go out, if we're just sitting in the pub i'll sit with a pint of beer (Tennants is a favourite at the minute but i can drink most Lagers) or cider (Magners/Gaymers/Pear Kopparberg or Brothers Strawberry Cider). If it's one of those "heavier" drinking nights, i'll normally switch after a few beers to Vodka mixers and shots. My favourite shots are probably absinth (not the real stuff, still pretty potent however) or any of the various Sourz.

If i end up in a club, its always flavoured vodkas (WKD/VK) i drink.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I'm a wuss, I'll take the soft stuff lol.

Usually Southern Comfort with lemonade and Magners.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I think I could easily become some sort of alchoholic.

First time I tried it (simple beer) I loved the feeling a bit too much...

Realizing that, I keep checking on myself when I drink and stop pretty soon. :rolleyes:

No favorite though :o.

I'm torn between real ales and cider. Being in Norwich, we have pubs that brew their own beers, some of which are the finest in the country. I'm especially fond of a certain beer called 'Fat Cat Honey Ale', which quite literally has Norfolk honey in it. Ever since a certain 'incident' involving Vodka and bad pizza which happened about a year ago, I've never enjoyed spirits since.

Everyone has those "incidents" :razz: . Never touching a certain lemon-flavoured drink again.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Beer person myself, Heineken, Tooheys, Carlsberg, all good. Though I did try a cider just recently, and it was pretty darn good. Aside from that, the harder stuff I usually mix, but seeing as pre packaged rum & coke is too [bleep]ing expensive, I just mix my own.

I used to like Guinness a lot until a few Saturdays ago. I did not drink properly (started on empty stomach, didn't eat much and drank no water) so the next day I did not feel all that well, and Guinness hasn't sounded good to me since. Rum and cokes are probably my favourite, they are easy to drink and can be made strong so you don't need to drink much for it to affect you.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

On;y alcoholic beverage I've ever enjoyed was some sort of Caramel wine. Damn good stuff. Not entirely sure what brand it was though. Yup. I'm going to be one of those classy wine snobs, that swirls their drinks and smells it and stuff. Commenting on the year of the fermentation and whatnot. I'm gonna buy myself a monicle and top hat while I'm at it.

Cheerio

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Beer person myself, Heineken, Tooheys, Carlsberg, all good. Though I did try a cider just recently, and it was pretty darn good. Aside from that, the harder stuff I usually mix, but seeing as pre packaged rum & coke is too [bleep]ing expensive, I just mix my own.

Heineken is one of my favorites too but I rarely have it. This past summer when I was in Amsterdam I did the tour of the factory, it was pretty tight.

tFtfA.jpg

chivas regal/black douglas on the rocks

johnny walker blue neat

JAGERBOMBS

beer

taquila shots

rum n coke

beer and rumbos being my standard. Beer always at the beach. tequila and jagerbombs at parties. scotch on the rocks on occasion, and blue label after a long day :thumbup:

edit: green label, I can't afford blue.

I couldn't telly you what I don't like, but I certainly can tell you what I don't: Keystone first off, it's horrible but at $12 a 30 rack it ends up at a lot of parties. The taste of tequila makes me feel like I'm about to vomit. 151 is basically death in a bottle, especially to someone who has no problems with hard alcohol.

Uhh, other than that I'm not picky. Alcohol and I don't get along too well though.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp