Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Favorite alcoholic beverage?

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

pennywise
[ Display Name History ]

pennywise

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
i like whiskey. fat tire's pretty good too.

i_love_burritos
[ Display Name History ]

i_love_burritos

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,668 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Heineken is one of my favorites too but I rarely have it. This past summer when I was in Amsterdam I did the tour of the factory, it was pretty tight.

Yeah, Heineken is really expensive here, sadly. Most imported stuff is ... to keep on topic, I really do enjoy good whiskey, neat is rare for me, so with water is how I usually take it. Glenfidditch, Jameson, all good, I really don't like American Bourbon though.

assassin_696
[ Display Name History ]

assassin_696

The Karma Police

• Members
  • 6,963 posts

Scotch is the breakfast of champions.

Nice.

If I'm in a pub or a bar I like my beers and lagers, although I'm moving towards beers recently since I find lagers a bit weak and gassy, they can be nice though. Boddingtons is a nice beer, as well as Black Sheep ale (Yorkshire) and Doombar ale (Cornwall). I'll often drink white wine with more formal meals, not a fan of red though, and not cultured enough to really know my wines. It's a bit variable though, often the more expensive bottles don't taste as good.

Spirits wise I love whisky, Glenfidditch, Glenmorangie and a few others that I forget. I quite like a Baileys with ice if i'm just relaxing at home too or with a coffee after a good meal. Vodka always gives me a bad hangover, absinthe is pretty lethal and gin a bit rough on it's own (although great in gin and tonics). That said I could probably get to like vodka and gin in a more refined way, they just often end up being drunk when i'm already smashed and wanting more. Port's nice too, it tastes particularly nice after white wine for some reason.
"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Sam
[ Display Name History ]

Sam

we are the music makers

• Members
  • 9,508 posts
Posted Image

Brilliant Portugese beer.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
India Twisted, Sierra Nevada, Kilkenny, Boddingtons, Hobgoblin, Staropramen are probably my favourites. Kilkenny is beautiful on a hot summer's day. When I buy my own it's usually Åbro or Mariestad, taste is decent and they're pretty cheap. Apropos, I can't remember the last time I had an alcoholic beverage other than beer (except wine for dinners and the like).

I want to learn to appreciate whiskey since my father's a bit of a whiskey connoisseur. I'm afraid it'll take a while to get used to the taste however, due to previous incidents with said beverage. Ugh.

Napalm
[ Display Name History ]

Napalm

Scarier than Haunter

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
Whiskey/whiskey and coke
Red wine and Fanta
Tequila
Posted Image

Skull
[ Display Name History ]

Skull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,790 posts

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
Jagermeister is one of the more popular drinks i have trouble drinking, i don't mind it if im already drunk but drinking it with cola, especially if it's strong, turns my stomach. Never been a massive fan of Jagerbombs either.

Whisky is something i'd like to get into a bit more as my dad and uncles all know their stuff when it comes to all the different types, tastes, ages and whatever. I got a bottle of Johnnie Walker 18 Year Old Gold Label from one of my uncles when i turned 18. If i drank it now i'd feel as if i'd be wasting it as i wouldn't really appreciate the different aspects of drinking a good whisky. Had a few glasses of some of my uncle's Drambuie and Whyte & Mackay malts neat at Christmas time, which were pretty good.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Nero
[ Display Name History ]

Nero

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,283 posts

I generally drink most alcohol and have no discernible favourite. However, Absolut Vodka would probably be my favourite if I was to choose.

I was scrolling through the thread really fast and saw your signature, and was like 'no way, someone else drinks hobgoblin!', but alas no.

Posted Image
Mm

toast647
[ Display Name History ]

toast647

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Toast647
  • RSN2:Cursed Toast

I was scrolling through the thread really fast and saw your signature, and was like 'no way, someone else drinks hobgoblin!', but alas no.

/img

Mm

Ewwww my buddy got that stuff once.
Posted Image
Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

magekillr
[ Display Name History ]

magekillr

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,536 posts
Posted Image

These^

Posted Image

If marijuana was legal, or shrooms, I'd likely never drink to get drunk again.

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
^^White Russian?

My drink is strictly Jack Daniel's. Sometimes it's with sour or coke. If I'm having beer it's Blue Moon. I've been getting into a nasty habit of buying expensive beer. Whoops.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Iamdan
[ Display Name History ]

Iamdan

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,418 posts
shrooms are lame

toast647
[ Display Name History ]

toast647

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Toast647
  • RSN2:Cursed Toast

shrooms are lame

ha not even
Posted Image
Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Myweponsg00d
[ Display Name History ]

Myweponsg00d

The Pittsburgh Pirate

• Members
  • 2,741 posts
Jesus that looks like the worst white russian I've ever seen, if thats what it is.

My drink:
Posted Image
Negroni -- Equal parts gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari. Build in an ice filled rocks glass, garnish with a peel of orange or a thin slice of orange.

edit: green label, I can't afford blue.

I was gonna say...
Posted Image
Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

SirHartlar
[ Display Name History ]

SirHartlar

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,692 posts
I'm a cider man, Bulmer's mainly. I have to say pear cider doesn't really do it for me, also had a bottle of raspberry before which was vile.

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts
irish coffee and LI iced tea

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts

Both Keystone and Natty Light are the grosses beers I've ever had. My roommate loves them.. :wall:

i tried honey brown lager by sleeman couple days ago and it was the grossest one by far. worse than a generic beer i've drank from a comedy bar

magekillr
[ Display Name History ]

magekillr

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,536 posts

Jesus that looks like the worst white russian I've ever seen, if thats what it is.

The thing with the white russian is that their recipes vary, unlike most other cocktails. Some prefer to have the cream floating on top (4 counts vodka, 2 counts coffee liqueur, garnished with cream), others prefer a lot more cream than a garnish (as seen above), and then others prefer it mixed.

To each his own :)

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
I used to drink a lot of straight whiskey, but had some bad experiences.

I don't really drink to get drunk anymore, but when I do drink, I'm a beer guy.

Heineken <3:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users