Favorite sayings.

Guest Rob

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

That's probably not the most.... self-conservative (is that the right word? meh) phrase ever, but I follow by it.

Oh, and "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

" A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."

~Leopold Stokowski

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

"The ends justify the means."

~Machiavelli

I live by it.

So you're saying murder can be justified?

I don't know if he is, but I am.

Ofcourse, that depends on what "the ends" is all about. And to me, if "the ends" is meaningful enough, yes, even murder is justified.

There definitely is one. Or a whole lote more than one.

I could list some, but there's always the easy way out, it's easy to twist these things around and call it unjust.

To be frank, I doubt either of us can convince the other, so I'd rather leave it at that.

Tell me this then Dan.

Why would we attempt to prevent those who make death threats? And even in cases arrange for help to figure out what makes them want to kill?

Morals may be relative, but we live in a society with laws we should follow, which means I can't go out and kill some guy because in my mind I have a justified reason. Tell me how society would view me then.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Do you believe murder could be justified if it was to save an innocent life? That's good justification if you asked me.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

I'll give it a go. Let's say... Some middle aged guy was standing over a five year old kid with a knife in his hand, about to stab him in the neck. You have a gun, would you shoot the guy to save the kid? The kid is too young to know if he's done anything wrong, and hasn't had a chance to make his choices in life or anything. Innocent victim.

If that isn't murder justification I don't know what is. Yes, I dub it murder, for it was still you who caused the loss of life.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

Would your first instinct be to think 'Hmm... If I shoot him in the leg he might drop the knife in shock and let the kid get away!' Or would it be something like 'OH JESUS I MUST SAVE THE KID! BANGBANGBANG'

It's instinct, not a matter of thinking things over. Personally, I have no firearms experience. I'd just point at his body and pull the trigger a few times in panic, hoping I got him and saved the kid.

ezegyc.png

This is an extreme example, but you seem to be saying that the life of someone like Charlie Manson is worth the same as amy random person chosen out of a crowd.

Tbh, one life is not equal to another.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I would try and give another example, but I'm tired and too lazy to think of one. But I stand by what I said; murder CAN be justified, although the terms can be difficult to meet.

ezegyc.png