C rapier vs C longsword

Dragonlordjl

rapier for sure, this is just like whip vs gs. and we all know whips better than gs so then in my mind id take rapier

you have the "but not for bosses" for most people in maxed gear, ull do better on bandos with a whip and you will with a gs, even tho gs gives 30 more att bonus its not a huge deal for a maxed setup, its just dps in my mind

but this is probably bias because all i do is slay

personaly i want buyable dung rewards, as in for x ammount of tokens u can buy a weapon thats awsome inside daemonheim, or for x ammount of tokens u can bind another item

a_final_name.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rapier for sure, this is just like whip vs gs. and we all know whips better than gs so then in my mind id take rapier

you have the "but not for bosses" for most people in maxed gear, ull do better on bandos with a whip and you will with a gs, even tho gs gives 30 more att bonus its not a huge deal for a maxed setup, its just dps in my mind

but this is probably bias because all i do is slay

personaly i want buyable dung rewards, as in for x ammount of tokens u can buy a weapon thats awsome inside daemonheim, or for x ammount of tokens u can bind another item

These debates are like whip vs godsword, but not quite. The difference in speed of Whip vs Gs is 1.2 seconds, or 2 game ticks. The difference between speed of Rapier vs Longsword is 0.6 seconds, or 1 game tick. The difference in accuracy is 30, and 19 strength bonus.

Having no spreadsheets/equations on hand, I don't know which one will be better. I just consider the Longsword a 'fast gs', the maul as a 'stronger gs' and the rapier as a stronger and more accurate whip.

The fact that whip is better than GS at, say Bandos, makes me believe that Rapier might actually be better than GS, not only at slayer, but also for bossing. I can't tell before extensive testing is done though (but this seems hard to do for boss monsters, since there are so many factors coming in).

I'd have to go with the C Longsword, because the other one is CRapier.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I lold irl

But yes. I'd go with long. Just cause.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Nomad is unbelievably easy with rapier (was he ever hard...?). Just killed him on my first try with a few brews and a uni (no bob).

rapi.png

yes, and it had nothing to do with the fact that you have soul split [/end sarcasm]

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Hahaha epic.

And I would go with the Long also, just because I don't believe that the rapier is gonna be as awesome as people say it will be.

pere_grin.png

Nomad is unbelievably easy with rapier (was he ever hard...?). Just killed him on my first try with a few brews and a uni (no bob).

rapi.png

I know a guy who did it w/ 4 brews using zs and titan :S

I'm going with what people say who have experience with using both weapons. From what I've beed told by these people... Rapier > Longsword, even in PvP. It's like how I can kill people using a gs when I'm using a sara sword - speed can make a huge difference. Also, as someone mentioned earlier, we already have major slash weapons.

The reason I want a rapier is because I can keep a stab-focused set-up in PvP without risking my rapier or a ton of money. You can bring higher stab bonuses and use a dds for specs. However, if you want a slash focused with the longsword, what are you gonna use? VLS protects under CLS when degraded (at least I think), GS protects over CLS, Dlong can hit but isn't very good of a KO weapon.. you'll probably be using DDS.

Also Rapier + Vesta Spear (corrupt probably) = epic win? They aren't THAT expensive (1m for spear) though still kinda expensive -- something you would use mainly for targets. I'm aware you could use that with the CLS but CLS has higher str with rune defender or an obby shield.

I know that most setups have higher stab def than slash def, but barely. But whenever I run into someone using a torso OR vesta, its over - torso has decent slash defense but TERRIBLE stab (like 30 less than slash) and vesta is primarily weak to stab (again about 30 less than slash). This isn't really uncommon to see. So anybody that loves their strength bonus in PvP will be an easy kill for me.

Basically what I mean by the above statement is that most setups will have maybe about 5-10 more stab defense over slash defense, and when I encounter something different, unless its statius, my stab based gear will have the advantage.

I just see the Rapier having so much potential basically towards stab based setups. ESPECIALLY that rapier + vesta spear combo in PvP.

I will say though that the longsword has a little bit of appeal to me because of the fact that I've used 21 Vesta Longswords and it has higher stats than VLS but no spec >.>

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I'm going with what people say who have experience with using both weapons. From what I've beed told by these people... Rapier > Longsword, even in PvP. It's like how I can kill people using a gs when I'm using a sara sword - speed can make a huge difference. Also, as someone mentioned earlier, we already have major slash weapons.

The reason I want a rapier is because I can keep a stab-focused set-up in PvP without risking my rapier or a ton of money. You can bring higher stab bonuses and use a dds for specs. However, if you want a slash focused with the longsword, what are you gonna use? VLS protects under CLS when degraded (at least I think), GS protects over CLS, Dlong can hit but isn't very good of a KO weapon.. you'll probably be using DDS.

Also Rapier + Vesta Spear (corrupt probably) = epic win? They aren't THAT expensive (1m for spear) though still kinda expensive -- something you would use mainly for targets. I'm aware you could use that with the CLS but CLS has higher str with rune defender or an obby shield.

I know that most setups have higher stab def than slash def, but barely. But whenever I run into someone using a torso OR vesta, its over - torso has decent slash defense but TERRIBLE stab (like 30 less than slash) and vesta is primarily weak to stab (again about 30 less than slash). This isn't really uncommon to see. So anybody that loves their strength bonus in PvP will be an easy kill for me.

Basically what I mean by the above statement is that most setups will have maybe about 5-10 more stab defense over slash defense, and when I encounter something different, unless its statius, my stab based gear will have the advantage.

I just see the Rapier having so much potential basically towards stab based setups. ESPECIALLY that rapier + vesta spear combo in PvP.

I will say though that the longsword has a little bit of appeal to me because of the fact that I've used 21 Vesta Longswords and it has higher stats than VLS but no spec >.>

And Maul owns them both when PKing. When wearing rune (as the majority of PKers do), you just can't compete with the 180+ crush bonus it has... You'll eventually get comboed to death. But I don't PK.

td2sig.jpg

And Maul owns them both when PKing. When wearing rune (as the majority of PKers do), you just can't compete with the 180+ crush bonus it has... You'll eventually get comboed to death. But I don't PK.

I must also point out that this is only for Pvp situations. When it comes to monster hunting things will likely be different.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

How would your stab focused set up be that much different than any other set up? Also, what do you mean by Rapier Vesta combo? Basically, you are saying rapier is nice because you can use a dds with it easier, because your whole outfit will be stab based, right?

The CLS has a higher stab bonus then the rapier so I don't see the point in the the stab vs slash argument

You won't be using it's stab bonus, when you have a better slash bonus, will you. The difference between both stabs is much smaller than Rapier stab vs. CLS slash, which is the main reason why some people want CLS (increased accuracy, and str of course), however the speed difference stays the same.

The CLS has a higher stab bonus then the rapier so I don't see the point in the the stab vs slash argument

You won't be using it's stab bonus, when you have a better slash bonus, will you. The difference between both stabs is much smaller than Rapier stab vs. CLS slash, which is the main reason why some people want CLS (increased accuracy, and str of course), however the speed difference stays the same.

Well if you were only getting one of the two, then the stabbing would be nice for dragons.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Well if you were only getting one of the two, then the stabbing would be nice for dragons.

Stabbing of Rapier or CLS? Not sure if CLS will be that much better than zammy spear, seeing it's slower.

I'm actually not sure what I will get either. Rapier will probably be better in DPS for most things, even Bandos solo, I personally believe. However, I'm 138 combat now, and I think CLS will be much more fun to do slayer and pvp/minigame with, because of the high hits and higher accuracy.

I'm planning on getting the C Long. It will be faster then a whip for slayer, and I do quite a bit of PvP and Mhing anyways, so I see the longsword as more suited to my needs. C long+ely=ownage.

Is C long same speed as whip, or is it one slower?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'm planning on getting the C Long. It will be faster then a whip for slayer, and I do quite a bit of PvP and Mhing anyways, so I see the longsword as more suited to my needs. C long+ely=ownage.

Is C long same speed as whip, or is it one slower?

One slower.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Ok, but it would still be more DPS then whip, so it would be better for slayer.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Ok, but it would still be more DPS then whip, so it would be better for slayer.

assuming overloads, turmoil, on a slayer task, and 99 strength

the whip is still 3% better than the CLS on a target with no defense.

Naaxi.png