C rapier vs C longsword

Dragonlordjl

So I'm still unsure. When I do Sara gw trips, people typically require you have a gs or veracs; this is because Zil has moderately high defense. So if I were to bring a rapier, would that be better or worse? Or should I consider a longsword, or even the maul.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm still unsure. When I do Sara gw trips, people typically require you have a gs or veracs; this is because Zil has moderately high defense. So if I were to bring a rapier, would that be better or worse? Or should I consider a longsword, or even the maul.

Worse. The rapier is only slightly more accurate than a whip. You'd want a LS, at least.

td2sig.jpg

After seeing the CLS in action, I'm of the firm opinion that, for general use:

Rapier > Maul > CLS.

The CLS is barely faster than a godsword and is less powerful and offers no prayer bonus. In a fight against someone with a whip, a CLS will still lose about 50% of the time. It's highly overrated.

Btw, I got a target last night and was just wearing my maul and nothing else, watching fights. My target came up in full rune with a whip. I nearly killed him... with no armor. :blink:

Yeah, it's really not that great. Everytime I'm in edge I see someone with a CLS, lol. I've fought CLS, but I have yet to fight a rapier (though watching Taco Limey pk with it a little bit, it seems pretty nice).

Me and my friends on TeamSpeak always laugh whenever we see someone using a CLS. Though, it can do pretty well (I've seen Paulrat3 hitting some good numbers with it).

However, it's more accurate than a godsword with a defender on. You get that shield option, and you get a stab option. But it has no spec, which causes problems. It's comparable to a gs with a little less str/att, 1 game tick faster, and 1 handed... but no spec. The reason vesta long got so many KO's was because of the spec, not regular hitting.

I definitely agree with Rapier > Maul > CLS though, with the first 2 being changed based on preference. I was originally gonna get them in that order but my friend convinced me to get a maul so yeah xD. I'm glad I did because I can definitely pk with this lol. I've already dropped at least 80m with the maul in a few days in PvP/BH - one guy for claws+ahrims+whip and more, another for ahrims karils whip sol (which was absolutely hilarious)

Rapier is awesome for slayer and pretty good for pking too -- not sure on bosses, but I've heard its good. CLS is good for bosses... not THAT great for pking. Maul is great for bosses and pking.

Speaking of the Rapier on bosses, I'll have to ask Taco Limey how it does. Preferably make a vid of a solo trip - though hes only 75 def, he has a divine lol. Maybe see how fast kills go with a defender too :P

If you're planning on doing Slayer, definitely get rapier first. If you do bosses/pking mainly, maul first. CLS... meh. I don't think I'd ever get this first.

EDIT: Rapier isn't just slightly more accurate than a whip - +94 stab vs +82 slash. On top of that, you can bring an ardy cape without affecting your trip to sara much. But I don't think it would be that much better. You could easily get 122 stab bonus with the rapier, 127 with a dstone (i) which is +5, and even 148 with a rune defender which is +21.

But I don't know if it would be much better than a godsword - although you will be getting 3 hits with the rapier for every 2 gs hits. I think it would be better IF you bring a rune defender, if not the same -- besides, with a gs, you don't have a shield, so it won't be much different defensively. Definitely worth looking into though.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

After seeing the CLS in action, I'm of the firm opinion that, for general use:

Rapier > Maul > CLS.

The CLS is barely faster than a godsword and is less powerful and offers no prayer bonus. In a fight against someone with a whip, a CLS will still lose about 50% of the time. It's highly overrated.

Btw, I got a target last night and was just wearing my maul and nothing else, watching fights. My target came up in full rune with a whip. I nearly killed him... with no armor. :blink:

Yeah, it's really not that great. Everytime I'm in edge I see someone with a CLS, lol. I've fought CLS, but I have yet to fight a rapier (though watching Taco Limey pk with it a little bit, it seems pretty nice).

Me and my friends on TeamSpeak always laugh whenever we see someone using a CLS. Though, it can do pretty well (I've seen Paulrat3 hitting some good numbers with it).

However, it's more accurate than a godsword with a defender on. You get that shield option, and you get a stab option. But it has no spec, which causes problems. It's comparable to a gs with a little less str/att, 1 game tick faster, and 1 handed... but no spec. The reason vesta long got so many KO's was because of the spec, not regular hitting.

I definitely agree with Rapier > Maul > CLS though, with the first 2 being changed based on preference. I was originally gonna get them in that order but my friend convinced me to get a maul so yeah xD. I'm glad I did because I can definitely pk with this lol. I've already dropped at least 80m with the maul in a few days in PvP/BH - one guy for claws+ahrims+whip and more, another for ahrims karils whip sol (which was absolutely hilarious)

Rapier is awesome for slayer and pretty good for pking too -- not sure on bosses, but I've heard its good. CLS is good for bosses... not THAT great for pking. Maul is great for bosses and pking.

Speaking of the Rapier on bosses, I'll have to ask Taco Limey how it does. Preferably make a vid of a solo trip - though hes only 75 def, he has a divine lol. Maybe see how fast kills go with a defender too :P

If you're planning on doing Slayer, definitely get rapier first. If you do bosses/pking mainly, maul first. CLS... meh. I don't think I'd ever get this first.

Ive seen the rapier in PKing, it's very powerful, perhaps moreso than the maul. It's definitely a LOT better for PKing than the CLS.

td2sig.jpg

The problem I'm having is I keep comparing them to my gs... It almost doesn't seem worth spending 200k tokens on when I have a gs :-|

But I have a few questions; which weapons can train strength and how fast, compared to a whip or gs, is each weapon?

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

The problem I'm having is I keep comparing them to my gs... It almost doesn't seem worth spending 200k tokens on when I have a gs :-|

But I have a few questions; which weapons can train strength and how fast, compared to a whip or gs, is each weapon?

All three can train strength.

The rapier is whip speed. The longsword is, obviously, longsword speed (one bar slower than a whip). The maul is godsword/battleaxe speed, which is two bars slower than whip. A whip attacks every 2.4 seconds. (4 game ticks). The longsword attacks every 3 seconds (5 game ticks). The maul/godsword attacks every 3.6 seconds (6 game ticks).

td2sig.jpg

Made a vid, couldn't flick ss much cause I was a bit laggy, but well, I got 7 kills, kinda risky on last one almost died to minions lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzZY0lJSJRE

7 solos on supers with only Enhanced Excalibur for specs. I'd say thats prettyyy good especially with the gear I used.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

From what I've seen from CLS vids at bandos, they hit around 2/5 the time, and your maul hit way less.

Were they using extremes? Cause you have to note I'm using supers here.

I'm pretty sure my maul hit 2/5 at least though. The only thing that possibly made it slower was the fact that I had to eat kinda often. If I had a karil top it wouldn't have been as much of a problem.

From what I've seen from CLS vids at bandos, they hit around 2/5 the time, and your maul hit way less.

I'm pretty sure my maul hit 2/5 at least though. The only thing that possibly made it slower was the fact that I had to eat kinda often. If I had a karil top it wouldn't have been as much of a problem.

The way i see it, only if you have MAXED GEAR maxed stats with a divine, can you beat this method. But if someone were to use overloads and brews with the maul and soul splitting, this method personally i think will be definately one of the best. Especially considering in that video he didn't soul split much due to, as he said, lag. However if someone else was to do it, and do it properly.. it may even be better than using divine, who knows but we'd need someone else to test it out. Considering he only used fish, supers and had fail gear (no offence) 7 kills is pretty damn good IMO.

MujGunGetDiv.png

But you didn't see how many kills you can get with long/rapier with the same stats. Maul might be decent, but I've never been a fan of slow weapons cuz jagex always makes them suck.

I've pked against the rapier. It doesn't own whatsoever... I would honestly pick the maul, but out of these 2 definitely the longsword. The added def bonus goes a long way in pvp.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

The way i see it, only if you have MAXED GEAR maxed stats with a divine, can you beat this method. But if someone were to use overloads and brews with the maul and soul splitting, this method personally i think will be definately one of the best. Especially considering in that video he didn't soul split much due to, as he said, lag. However if someone else was to do it, and do it properly.. it may even be better than using divine, who knows but we'd need someone else to test it out. Considering he only used fish, supers and had fail gear (no offence) 7 kills is pretty damn good IMO.

None taken on the fail gear :P I kinda died for 25m which was about 60% of my bank >.>

Yeah square I'd like to see it compare to other weapons too... but they all have extremes/overloads. I'm like the only one that doesn't have em :mellow: can't make enough money for them lol