Could YOU eat and drink NOTHING for 30 years?

Joes_So_Cool

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Blaine's crappy endurance stunts seem pretty tame compared to this guy. We should put him in a plexiglass box suspended above the river Thames and see how long he lasts.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Says he has been "gargling" and bathing in water, probably why he hasn't died. That plus he presumably does close to zero physical activity. And IIRC, last time people tried an experiment like this with him, he lost weight. So there is some way he is getting water

Gargling is not enough to sustain you for even a week. He probably did survive 2 weeks(although this is still difficult) but not 70 years.

And I can't believe that these scientists even regarded some crackpot saying he's never eaten or drunk(drank, drunken, w/e) anything for 70 years. I'm guessing those scientists are really bored to actually look into this.

Says he has been "gargling" and bathing in water, probably why he hasn't died. That plus he presumably does close to zero physical activity. And IIRC, last time people tried an experiment like this with him, he lost weight. So there is some way he is getting water

Gargling is not enough to sustain you for even a week. He probably did survive 2 weeks(although this is still difficult) but not 70 years.

And I can't believe that these scientists even regarded some crackpot saying he's never eaten or drunk(drank, drunken, w/e) anything for 70 years. I'm guessing those scientists are really bored to actually look into this.

What I'm hinting at is that he probably drank some of his gargling water. And I'm pretty stunned at the scientists too, and if they are actually serious about this it should be conducted by foreign scientists

yes.png

A primary issue with this is that everyone's taking it from a very scientific perspective. These proclamations from people, generally 'realised-men' / (women :P), have occurred for many, many years and largely aren't explainable by scientific means. A large majority of it comes down to your beliefs and your philosophical perspective on things. By immediately trying to adopt a science-based perspective that's biasing your understanding of it.

I do find this one odd as it seems to be very much a self-proclaimed action and for the large part, these phenomenal occurrences tend to be passed down by observers rather than having the actual person try to publicise it.

In the end, it's not about whether these things can have an explainable outcome by scientists, nor whether people are philosophically changed by it, rather that you realise something for yourself from these situations instead of being biased by everything stated by each side. :)

A primary issue with this is that everyone's taking it from a very scientific perspective. These proclamations from people, generally 'realised-men' / (women :P), have occurred for many, many years and largely aren't explainable by scientific means.

And so far all of them have been frauds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

yes.png

He's been eating his beard for the past 70 years.

lmfao

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

That's a very sweeping claim to say that they're all frauds, especially considering there's many who won't / can't have been tested. I did state that this one seems a bit uncertain and that it really comes down to your belief, rather than having a need to point out frauds. ;)

That's a very sweeping claim to say that they're all frauds, especially considering there's many who won't / can't have been tested. I did state that this one seems a bit uncertain and that it really comes down to your belief, rather than having a need to point out frauds. ;)

You NEED food and water to survive, this isn't debatable. SOMEHOW he's getting food and water. I'm not sure why you're bringing beliefs into this when it is fact you need nourishment to survive, not some magic goddess who gave you the gift of cross dressing and never needing to eat or drink. And no, it's not a sweeping claim, there hasn't been a single confirmed magic man who can survive without food or water, it's non-existent.

yes.png

Perhaps he has photosynthesis skills.

He gets his food form the sun and absorbs water from rain/condensation.

Just sayin...

I wonder if they took his shoes off to check for roots

yes.png

And no, it's not a sweeping claim, there hasn't been a single confirmed magic man who can survive without food or water, it's non-existent.

And what if this guy can?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Strong accusations, which you have nothing to back it up with. Just because it's never been done before, doesn't mean it's impossible.

Every living thing needs some sort of fuel or input of energy. For humans it is food and water, not magic. Hell, even fire needs fuel. Burden of proof is on the one who makes the claims

yes.png

I went and did a little research on him to see if all this is true and so far everything points to yes. I don't think I could go either 30 years or 70 like this man claims. I'm curious to see how this man is still alive.

tFtfA.jpg