Could YOU eat and drink NOTHING for 30 years?

Joes_So_Cool

I went and did a little research on him to see if all this is true and so far everything points to yes. I don't think I could go either 30 years or 70 like this man claims. I'm curious to see how this man is still alive.

Biased researchers?

yes.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mrmegakirby

Could I? I have.

Twice. For 30 years.

And I'm 14.

OT: It's a fraud. Unless he was breathing humid air and injecting himself with nutients, It's impossble.

There's been plenty of hoax like these before. This just has to be another one.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I went and did a little research on him to see if all this is true and so far everything points to yes. I don't think I could go either 30 years or 70 like this man claims. I'm curious to see how this man is still alive.

Biased researchers?

Possibly but still very interesting. Of course no one is going to claim it is the truth until its proven so I don't see why everyone is so against the idea that something like this is even possible.

tFtfA.jpg

Unless they perfected kryogenics 70 years ago and just forgot to tell the rest of the world.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Strong accusations, which you have nothing to back it up with. Just because it's never been done before, doesn't mean it's impossible.

Then care to give us a reason how it is possible?

Strong accusations, which you have nothing to back it up with. Just because it's never been done before, doesn't mean it's impossible.

Just because we don't know how it can be possible does not make it impossible.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Just because we don't know how it can be possible does not make it impossible.

But highly unlikely. Just because gravity hasn't been turned off yet, it could be possible for it to turn off. Will it? Highly unlikely.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Guest Mrmegakirby

Would injecting oneself with water/nutrients work? It would be a loophole, but he wouldn't have eaten or dranken anything.

Yeah.

No chance believing this crap from me.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Would injecting oneself with water/nutrients work? It would be a loophole, but he wouldn't have eaten or dranken anything.

70 years ago would mean 1940. I doubt they had readily availbe needles filled with nutrients during the 40s-60s when India was fighting for independence and creating itself a modern country.

siggy3s.jpg

70 years ago would mean 1940. I doubt they had readily availbe needles filled with nutrients during the 40s-60s when India was fighting for independence and creating itself a modern country.

Yeah, and either his arms would be riddled with holes or he'd have to keep an IV needle in at all times, which is a bit noticeable

As a physicist, I'll give you a reason.

Suppose his body can convert itself into pure energy, without making any type of waste.

Using Einstein's relation of E=mc2 we can calculate that one kilogram of mass has 75 MILLION calories worth of energy inside of it. If your body needs 2500 calories to survive, he could have enough energy in one kilo of body fat to last him for 30,000 days.

I'm not saying I necessarily think this is real...but if you wanted a reason for how this type of thing would be POSSIBLE, there you go.

If you want an explanation of how it is possible to convert fat to PURE ENERGY without any type of waste...well, I cant explain that. But the energy is definitely there. Hell he has enough energy to power himself for 20-30 lifetimes if he can convert his mass directly to energy.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Suppose his body can convert itself into pure energy, without making any type of waste.

Using Einstein's relation of E=mc2 we can calculate that one kilogram of mass has 75 MILLION calories worth of energy inside of it. If your body needs 2500 calories to survive, he could have enough energy in one kilo of body fat to last him for 30,000 days.

I'm not saying I necessarily think this is real...but if you wanted a reason for how this type of thing would be POSSIBLE, there you go.

If you want an explanation of how it is possible to convert fat to PURE ENERGY without any type of waste...well, I cant explain that. But the energy is definitely there. Hell he has enough energy to power himself for 20-30 lifetimes if he can convert his mass directly to energy.

Don't encourage the people that think this is real. They might not realize the likelihood of this happening is astronomically small., plus the chances that his body could utilize that energy is even slimmer.

And the chances of a guy in India finding out he has to power to convert a kilogram of fat into enough energy to last him 30,000 days during WW2 is?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

That Indian yogi who claims to never eat has a page on EsoWatch, the wiki of irrational belief systems, and it has some interesting content. Some of the actual medical data from observations of crazy yogi have been published nothing as blatant as catching him in the act of eating, but the signs are all there. Sonograms showed urine in the bladder and feces in the colon that later disappeared, somehow. And the blood work taken by the credulous MD, Sudhir Shah, show changes symptomatic of starvation.

Some (if not all ?) blood parameter of the november 2003 examination are shown on the webpages of Sudhir Shah. The values presented show an increase in serum urea, and a drop three days after the examination. The same is true for serum sodium, serum chloride and serum potassium. The hematocrit is also increasing. This is a clear sign of dehydratation and hemoconcentration, compatible with a period of starvation and thirst. Blood sugar is decreasing, and serum acetone is increasing. This is also a sign of starvation. At the beginning and three days after the test, values are normal.

But, instead discussing such a starvation period (and not a long lasting esoteric inedia) as a very plausible source for the blood values shown, these are explained by neurologist Sudhir Shah to be amazing and to show a sort of medicine wonder. But in fact they show a normal behaviour of a subject, compatible with actual knowledge in physiology and bioenergetics. Examinator Shahs words sound different: "We have reached a hypothesis which confirms that Jani's body has certainly undergone a biological transformation due to yogic kriyas. And he can control his inner organs' functions, which itself is intriguing."

No, it's not. It's obvious. I can change my "inner organs' functions", too, just by fasting for a day or strolling down to Dairy Queen and pigging out on fats and sugars. It isn't magic, it's physiology.

It is rather appalling that this doctor can't tell the difference, though.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/05/physiology_explains_it_all.php

yes.png

I get that there is a really(*infinity) small chance that it is actually true but you have a better chance of winning $10 billion in the lottery, curing cancer, ending world hunger, proving there is a god, and developing a healthier liquid than pure water, all in one day then having a mutation like that (because it would be a mutation). And there has to be a waste product, the law of conservation of mass, you know? I don't claim to know everything about science, but I know that this is not possible.

Of course everyone thinks this is [cabbage] because by the standards of empirical science it's impossible, or at least statistically improbable. Seventy years ? I don't think so. Several weeks to months, maybe, probably. But instead of just shooting down -"bah, seventy years. [bleep] off, this guy is faking lololol" doesn't mean there cannot be anything learned. Just wait for it to pan out ... :thumbup:

Mass doesn't, in this way, convert directly to organized energy without any waste... and there would certainly not be that much of it. You cannot make calories as you so describe.

I think that the story is obviously fake. You cannot (and I repeat, CANNOT) absorb energy from the sun and consume water through osmosis. First of all, we lack the ability to perform photosynthesis, which is what would be needed for this to work scientifically. We have no chlorophyll to absorb the light and convert it to energy. He couldn't use the Calvin cycle (or the stage of photosynthesis that does not require light) because he doesn't consume water, which is necessary for it to work.

Without any food at all, his cells would starve and he would die.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Mass doesn't, in this way, convert directly to organized energy without any waste... and there would certainly not be that much of it. You cannot make calories as you so describe.

I think that the story is obviously fake. You cannot (and I repeat, CANNOT) absorb energy from the sun and consume water through osmosis. First of all, we lack the ability to perform photosynthesis, which is what would be needed for this to work scientifically. We have no chlorophyll to absorb the light and convert it to energy. He couldn't use the Calvin cycle (or the stage of photosynthesis that does not require light) because he doesn't consume water, which is necessary for it to work.

Without any food at all, his cells would starve and he would die.

Forget starvation without water he'd die long before he reached that point.