13-May-2010 Fairy Tale Part 3 & DirectX Support and Graphics Options

Toad

I didn't say it was all in quests. It is pretty spread out amongst the game in small ways.

And because after the fall of Soviet Russia the Communists didn't just disppear or give up, they hijaked the existing envriomental movement anmd have been using it as a guise to achieve their own intentions. Typically when you hear people talking about the environment, it comes from the left. I mean, very, very often from the left.

If someone starts talking about saving the environment what invariably comes next is them talking about equalized distribution of wealth and those "evil corporations." <_<

You, sir, are incredibly paranoid. I think I saw Al Gore in your closet. Good luck sleeping tonight.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Madam, not a sir.

Communists did take over a well meaning, but disorganized political movement and have used it to achieve their own ends.

When people talk about global climate change, they very often then speak about a topic on which they have a left-wing viewpoint.

Al Gore is a harmless pest who lost an election. Frankly, he's more annoying than anything.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I didn't say it was all in quests. It is pretty spread out amongst the game in small ways.

And because after the fall of Soviet Russia the Communists didn't just disppear or give up, they hijaked the existing envriomental movement anmd have been using it as a guise to achieve their own intentions. Typically when you hear people talking about the environment, it comes from the left. I mean, very, very often from the left.

If someone starts talking about saving the environment what invariably comes next is them talking about equalized distribution of wealth and those "evil corporations." <_<

By tghe by, I'm not claiming that Jagex is run by Communists. I'm simply saying they are a company with a liberal slant in a liberal slant country. I'd just wish they'd keep it out of the game.

do you perhaps mean liberal [compared to my own political views] slant in a liberal [compared to my own political views] slant country?

The only reason environmentalism is associated with the left is because the right has been in bed with big corporations that care about nothing but their own profits for so long. Jagex has said absolutely nothing about the redistribution of wealth or the worker's revolution or anything else that you seem to be afraid of. Your only argument that they are liberal is that they took a stand against air pollution.

By tghe by, I'm not claiming that Jagex is run by Communists. I'm simply saying they are a company with a liberal slant in a liberal slant country. I'd just wish they'd keep it out of the game.

do you perhaps mean liberal [compared to my own political views] slant in a liberal [compared to my own political views] slant country?

The only reason environmentalism is associated with the left is because the right has been in bed with big corporations that care about nothing but their own profits for so long. Jagex has said absolutely nothing about the redistribution of wealth or the worker's revolution or anything else that you seem to be afraid of. Your only argument that they are liberal is that they took a stand against air pollution.

I mean to imply that they are a liberally slanted company in a liberally slanted country.

Yes, the right has been in bed with them for a long time, altering tax codes, interfering with regulations, and overall screwing things up. The left has meanwhile done what they can to destroy small business and individual freedom as it relates to business.

I'm never implied that Jagex was Communists, but they do lean to the left.

Thank god I'm not a liberal or a conservative (nor part of the assanine tea party movement crap). I'm a Libertarian.

Anyway, back to the quest. Fairy Tale pt. 3 - Teeth are [developmentally delayed]ed.

I mean to imply that they are a liberally slanted company in a liberally slanted country.

Yes, the right has been in bed with them for a long time, altering tax codes, interfering with regulations, and overall screwing things up. The left has meanwhile done what they can to destroy small business and individual freedom as it relates to business.

Thank god I'm not a liberal or a conservative (nor part of the assanine teap party movement crap). I'm a Libertarian.

Anyway, back to the quest. Fairy Tale pt. 3 - Teeth are [developmentally delayed]ed.

Video games. Serious business.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, neutrality is a difficult thing to attain. Not like they devoted an entire God to it or anything in their game. :rolleyes:

But more to the point, if they can't have neutrality it would be nice to have a little from both sides than all of tilting a little to the left... everytime.

They actually have zero obligation to show two sides of anything. It's up to the person playing the game to critically evaluate for themselves. Also, you're imposing the American political system and history on other countries with very different histories and very different connotations associated with terms. Just because something tends to be addressed by one political party in America doesn't mean it's the same in other countries; you can put that down to those countries being 'left leaning,' but realize that your view is, at least in part, coloured by your own biases and scale for comparison. There are intricacies and complications that you may be missing.

I always thought the funny thing about Guthix was that he slept through catastrophes and rarely ever did anything. Jagex also has gods dedicated to order and 'good' as well as gods dedicated to chaos and 'bad'. They also constantly complicate a straightforward binary understanding of them by adding in tidbits that question exactly how 'good' and 'bad' these gods are.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

Thank god I'm not a liberal or a conservative (nor part of the assanine tea party movement crap). I'm a Libertarian.

Most gaming companies tend to be more liberal then conservative

Just because programmers typically tend to be young adults who live in urban areas (stereotypically thats the biggest demographic for liberals)

Runescape does slant to the left but does it matter? In the world of Runescape if Jagex says that global warming caused GWD to be reopened then it actually happened. They can make their own laws of physics, their own history, and their own social commentary. Why? because its their world that they created.

When i say most games, i do mean that. Most MMO's will portray the main organized religion to be corrupt. Saradominists not so holy and righteous as they are made out to be, another game portrays a religious organization called the Scarlet Crusade to be a corrupt evil religious organization (that is set up similar to the catholic church), in fact that theme is almost universal to MMO's that have any sort of religion displayed in them.

Most games do have a slight - but obvious - slant to the left.

But i still fail to see the problem with this as it is THEIR world to create, and if players were seriously offended by this then they would boycott their game until they change this. But you dont see too many players refusing to play because of the developers political points of views do you? If so not nearly enough to make an impact on the industry.

If that's the case then everyone with a Godsword, Z Spear, or SS should get on their knees and be thankful for global warming.

Also, game developers are all poteheads too. I saw it in a movie called "Grandma's Boy." :razz:

Anyway to get back on track

Do you think there will be a Fairy Tale Part 4 since we haven't really defeated the Godfather we only put him in the that rift.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Do you think there will be a Fairy Tale Part 4 since we haven't really defeated the Godfather we only put him in the that rift.

well they did say it was the conclusion of the series...

But anything could happen i guess, just not any time soon (so maybe in 5 years?)

Lord_Beloved.png

well they did say it was the conclusion of the series...

But anything could happen i guess, just not any time soon (so maybe in 5 years?)

It's about as likely as another sequel to Chosen Commander since technically we stopped Bandos from interfering, we didn't really defeat/kill/stop him in any meaningful way.

Video games. Serious business.

One of the few times I agree with you.

I hate how they end these old quest series, because there are still loose ends it seems like.

For all we know, the godfather could be making a huge army of orcs in the orc plane and plans to "forge" a fairy ring in this plane.

We never killed the godfather, we just sent him to the orc plane.

Kinda like how we killed an essence of bandos. We broke the amulet which gave him contact to Runescape from his plane, but there could always be a different bandos item somewhere.

The Barrows has been adjusted so that when stood next to a puzzle door, you will no longer be interrupted by nearby NPCs attacking you.

<3: :thumbsup: <3: How long did it take them?

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

The Barrows has been adjusted so that when stood next to a puzzle door, you will no longer be interrupted by nearby NPCs attacking you.

5 years apparently :unsure:

Lord_Beloved.png

I'm actually against this update, I found the old way much better and forced you to fight your way to the chamber, rather than find a safe haven, but that's just me.

I'm actually against this update, I found the old way much better and forced you to fight your way to the chamber, rather than find a safe haven, but that's just me.

To my understanding, monsters still attack you when you try to open the door. You still loose lp if they hit you.

What's different now is I think the interface isnt disrupted and closed while under attack.

To my understanding, monsters still attack you when you try to open the door. You still loose lp if they hit you.

What's different now is I think the interface isnt disrupted and closed while under attack.

Wrong. When you enter the chamber, you still have one monster after you as usual. This monster will follow you to the door, and STILL interupt you if you aren't fast enough (like it used to do). However, once you have taken down the monster while standing next to the puzzle door, no OTHER monsters will get agressive towards you. So no longer getting mad that after you killed that one monster to open the door more easy, another one attacks you.