guthan's set and blood magicks

sui_cho

since undead have no life to leech, enchanted onyx bolts do not work against them. but i wonder why do Guthan's set's effect and blood spells from the Ancient Magicks spellbook DO work against them? jagex should fix it

Edited by sui_cho

Guthan's was powered by *insert lore I can't remember here.*

And Blood magic is well... Magic. A wizard did it.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

The real question is: Magnets, how do they work?

OT:Guthans set affect is called infestation.

I'm guessing you can still infest and draw energy from undead creatures.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Skeleton fainted

that was your last pokemon

you black out

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Maybe it's because they are both Mahjarrat related. Azzanadra teaches you the anciet magiks and Sliske is thought to have given the Barrows brothers their powers. I'm also pretty sure that the Mahjarrat are the original necromancers according to the current lore. Dug up Pharaoh Queen Senliten's version of necromancing: "If certain parts of the separation (=mummification) process are performed out of order or upon a living victim, the victim will be caught in a state between living and death. They may also be bound to the will of a person who controls certain parts of the ritual or physical portions of the one so afflicted." So I guess the magick and the barrows effect just go against the part that is living while the onyx (e)'s go against the part that is dead

... or something.

Rao.png

This has been answred in a letter!

You see, a magnet works by attracting whatever your undead chicken thinks is magnetic, because it works by magic.

Thus Guthans works by sapping what you think is health.

You see, a magnet works by attracting whatever your undead chicken thinks is magnetic, because it works by magic.

what about blood magicks and enchanted onyx bolts :?:

what about blood magicks and enchanted onyx bolts :?:

Wow, are you really still going on about this? Erm, let me think.

Blood magicks affect your blood, not your enemies.... That's how you get healed.

And onyx bolts can't affect undead for they have no life to leach.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

maybe undead do have some "life" (in some form or another) to leach, its just that the bolts, being just a small gem tip, doesent have the power to drain that life.

but a full blown armour set or powerfull magic blasts have enough of whateva is needed to drain the life from them.

that or guthins and blood spels does not steal life, but heals you and hurting the oponent at the same time. (would thrashing something to bits with a spear heal you any other way?)

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Blood magicks affect your blood, not your enemies.... That's how you get healed.

then why does it work on scellatons? yelwacko.gif

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

heres how i see it:

we're adventurers, not mystical scholars who've devoted their life to the study of magic and all its intricacies we're given a spellbook that tells us how to preform specific spells, we're not exactly the brightest crayons in the box. i see it as at the beginning of the game we've effectively memorized the whole spellbook, i see us as just going through the motions without knowing whats going on under the hood, and as adventurers thats good enough for us( i can use magic, YAY!!!!), because we ,as I see it, took the time to memorize the whole thing we weren't exactly given a set of super complicated, intricate spells, inferring that perhaps the enchant onyx bolt spell is equally simple, mearly creating a channel for their life force to flow into us. on the other hand ancient magiks is infused into our memory so the castings can be far more complicated because we're not going through all the motions of memoriizng it, with it instead being written directly to our brain, guthans is in the same boat because its not some novice jack of all trades creating the enchantment from a blueprint for everyday use but a master/grandmaster/god? of mythical arts custom crafting an enchantment for a specific purpose (war?), this would allow for far more complicated enchantments/spells. perhaps where onyx bolts just create a channel from their life force to yours, blood spells and guthans may simply grab whatever energy is there, be it their soul, lifeforce, or whatever energy field is keeping them animated, and convert it to a type of regenerative energy that is then infused into our blood which ships it out to the damaged portions of our body like the good transportation network it is

===================================================================================================

so to sum it up:

guthans was made by something with magical experties and as such as a far more powerful and complex enchantment than we could manage

ancient magiks were infused into our mind and as such can be far more complex since we didn't have to learn them or understand them

onyx bolts are made by ... US! we learned the enchantment and it has to be simple to be readily usable by a people out to explore and help( or harm as the case may be) the world for fame(infamy) and/or rewards(loot)

thats my interpretation of it anyway |^_^|

if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space

never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

The blood is produced in the bone marrow? :twss:

theres also:

ghosts

Living rocks

Tanglefoots

zygomites

animated axes, spades, ect.

shadows

Ice warriors

elementals

shall I go on?

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

theres also:

ghosts

Living rocks

Tanglefoots

zygomites

animated axes, spades, ect.

shadows

Ice warriors

elementals

shall I go on?

I swear you haven't read my original post (despite it being quoted and put in bold by other people).

Blood spells work on YOUR blood. Not your opponents.

Schmuall.png

I swear you haven't read my original post (despite it being quoted and put in bold by other people).

Blood spells work on YOUR blood. Not your opponents.

oops. haha I really misread that one didnt I :D

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Casting blood spells means you are a wizard

a wizard gave Guthan's armor the power it has, and thus you use the armor

However, some assembly line worker made the onyx (e) bolts. They are not a wizard

Thus, I've come to the conclusion that if you are a wizard, or are using something created by a wizard, the universe will fold to fill in the plot holes

tl'dr, wizards are the reason the sun rises

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum