Year Capes ALready =/

SerRaimus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'd like a cape saying when I joined, this seems completely useless. If I want to prove to someone I've been around for a while, I whip out my Scythe or Bunny Ears. There are already few enough players still around who can get the '01 or '02 cape (I'd only qualify for the '02, unfortunately), and making a full update for just those few people is a bit overkill.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Impractical, to say the least.... "Oh hey, let's run through the records of over 9000 accounts and give some of them special capes because they're been around for longer!"

And if that's not reason enough, bunny ears, scythe, and other stuff like that does the trick just as well.

And if you need to prove you have played an Internet game for longer to impress anonymous people......

a70c7.png

Stringcheze you wouldn't qualify for one anyway so stay off my thread, we get it you don't like the idea, but many others do :mrgreen:

And you don't need to qoute me to get your post count up. I think others can read.

Quoted for proof that OP is an arrogant asshat and needs help showing it.

Who the hell cares how old anyone's account is? What difference does it make?

Just another way of introducing artificial divisions and allowing some people to feel superior to others over meaningless nonsense.

Whilst this is a very valid point, and knowing the maturity of the majority of users of runescape it will probably be correct.

But it also recognizes true loyalty to the game, and usually wisdom that comes with that. I think it is more of a community update than anything else.

I support the idea, but only because my accounts date back to around 2004....

Cheap_Mark.png

Cheap Mark - Going for 1050 Total

• 2 weeks later...

Who the hell cares how old anyone's account is? What difference does it make?

Just another way of introducing artificial divisions and allowing some people to feel superior to others over meaningless nonsense.

Agreed. I'm 20yo now and started playing rs waaay back in 6th grade. People look at my stats and say I'm a liar but meh whatever. Real vets don't go around bragging about when they started...they just play the game that's kept them around for years. :thumbsup:

Motley.png

Laugh at the untrim all you want, I'm still leaving with your face.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a great idea! My ten year anniversary will be approaching next Winter and when I tell people how long I've been playing they just call me a liar. That really hurts, new-age players have ZERO respect for those of us who have seen it all. I hate to sound like an old geezer reminiscing about better days but we deserve respect for our loyalty to the game!

Thank you for your well put reply. :mrgreen: my 10 year anniversary is coming up as well.

lol no cape = no 10 years

In all seriousness, I don't know. We have Holiday Items and that should suffice and, like Qeltar said, it's just a way to feel superior to others.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I wish Jagex would come out with a year cape i.e like as in the year you actually started playing this. Mine would be the earliest, as some of you might still remember me. :mrgreen:

Although so many people claim to say they are from the Classic days, a cape would settle it. Wouldn't it? I ran the idea by a few player mods and they luved the idea. What do you'll think ?

I remember you :) And good idea lol, will stop the lying sods saying they started earlier than they say.. Good idea :-P

Edit: While reading up, well won't bunny ears and a year cape look pretty good? :P

Queen of Classic

2igeq9e.jpg

Support! :thumbsup:

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

Ok, why is it everyone who's agreeing with this topic has all had their account created within the last two months or so? V SUSPICOUS !!!

I don't like it. Sure, Saruman44 was created in oct 2001, so I could have the 01 cape, but I don't play that crap account anymore. This here account (Saru Inc) was made in 07, thus not a very good indication of how long I've played.

And I see your argument that older players = more mature has met my good old friend ummm not true. I hope they spend many long years together.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I also support this.

Being a genuine "old school" player and old school tipit user (i was around when tip.it forums was called "scapeboard" but im more of a reader than a poster as you can see by my post count) I find this to be a great idea!

I have been playing rs since before cracker days and would be nice to be able to brag this without being called a lier as my stats aren't exactly right up there in the ranks

Rpg_pro.png

Holiday items are more than enough.

If any of you guys still play in 5+ years, people will go nuts when they see your candy cane, squirrel ears, santa suit etc... Just like the people children of today freak out when they see a scythe and/or a yo-yo. ;)

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

I also support this.

Being a genuine "old school" player and old school tipit user (i was around when tip.it forums was called "scapeboard" but im more of a reader than a poster as you can see by my post count) I find this to be a great idea!

I have been playing rs since before cracker days and would be nice to be able to brag this without being called a lier as my stats aren't exactly right up there in the ranks

lol

Idiotic idea by an idiotic poster. I don't need a cape to earn some e-respect from a bunch of twelve year-olds. I know when I started playing, and that's enough for me.

This.

dzuz3d.jpg

• 1 month later...

If I've read this correctly then you want a cape indicating the year you made your account. This doesn't make any sense as when you made your account has no bearing on anything. Making an account isn't very hard. I rarely go about bragging how I made my e-mail account or anything like that, although to be honest I made an account on hotmail back in '00(impressed?). A veteran player could be playing on a freshly made account or someone who made an account several years ago could have just left it on tutorial island. These capes measure a quantity that has no bearing on anything. Even if they were to measure a more meaningful quantity such as hours spent in game, then they would still be worthless. You want to prove your skills? Go get a skillcape. You want a medal for making an account? Not going to happen.

In a world where your feet touch the ground, only giants have their heads in the clouds.