Year Capes ALready =/

SerRaimus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Longevity Cape whose skin/appearance is tied to your account creation date shouldn't be hard to do at all, programming wise.

I don't personally have a problem with a decorative cape, as long as there are no stats (or all the stats for all the capes are the same).

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

• 1 month later...

year capes would be nice idea....my oldest accounts hits 10 year mark in few months.

i just few days ago remembered my 2nd account pass all of sudden and logged in i was being in old tutorial island...its useless account but would be nice to walk with 10 year cape :P

it could use skillcape style look but trim only if you have both rs classic untradable holiday items also :P

i have some noob accounts that are very old but has no event items...only few of my accounts has bunny & scythe.

• 3 weeks later...

It's simply not needed. Skillcapes was made so people could "prove" that they have 99's and you see how much damage that done-the same would be bound to be true for these "year capes" although to a much lesser extent. (Unless ppl starts getting back on their older accounts )

Besides-holiday items are enough. If I really want to show somebody how long I've been playing I can log onto my oldest account and play around with a yoyo or something.

I'm not sure if anyone realized this, but isn't account creation date a part of the accound recovery application? By wearing a cape you pretty much tell them "hey here's my account, GL".

I like the idea, but it just seems like throwing a bone to the hackers. Maybe a "1 year old+ account" status and a 5 and a 10. That way it's available to anyone they just have to earn it and it's not too giving away of account information.

1) We already have holiday items to show how long we've been playing.

2) Who would wear one of these capes.

3) These capes would look dirt ugly with a number written on it, and wouldn't suit the theme of the game.

4) I have more aesthetic/functional things to wear on my back.

5) Most importantly: I DON'T care if you've been playing for nearly ten years or just one year. I'm not going to treat you any different, nor do I care if you're really lying about how long you've played for.

P.S. If they were to ever come out, which i highly doubt, its going to be right next to my yo-yo, NOT in my bank, where I will never get it out just to prove I've been playing since 2004.

miph4.png

[spoiler=Old info]Quest Point Cape Acheived:14 October 07 4:30pm GMT+10 .

15108th to 99 Firemaking: 2 October 08 8:15pm GMT+10

Barrows Drops: Verac Flail, Verac Plateskirt x3, Guthan helm, Ahrim Robetop,

Karil top, Torag plate, Dharok plate, Dharok axe. 1900+ total lvl

Dragon Drops: 6: Dragon Legs (iron dragon), Dragon Spear(shadow warrior), Dragon Pickaxe(4)

DK Drops: Warrior Ring(2)

Bandos Drops: Tassets

I wish Jagex would come out with a year cape i.e like as in the year you actually started playing this. Mine would be the earliest, as some of you might still remember me. :mrgreen:

Although so many people claim to say they are from the Classic days, a cape would settle it. Wouldn't it? I ran the idea by a few player mods and they luved the idea. What do you'll think ?

i like this idea even though i'm not from the classic days but i been on rs for 5 years!

bigdog1470.png