POLL: Have you ever submitted an idea for a Runescape update to Jagex?

Speedyshel

Grand Exchange in my suggestion i called it the stock house, believe it or not, i was sick of going on the forums to buy bulk, i suggested it and about half a year later bam, not exactly what i expected because i didnt get any mail saying hey we like ur idea.... i also made it to lower spam rate in trade channels and scamming, for get it now set prices for everything. alot of people say RIGHT but i dont care if they dont believe me

Chris x 9.0

I don't think people won't believe that you suggested it, it's just that you were just one of the probably thousands of players to suggest it. I highly doubt you were the first and the one they listende to, because:

1. They implemented it mostly for other reasons than you stated, and

2. Because it would probably take a lot longer than half a year to create something as complex as the GE and implement it.

Well, that's the problem with the suggestions is Jagex doesn't give at least a little credit if it originated in the forum. Yeah, it's easy to offer suggestions where the real work is in the thousands of man-hours of development of said idea. Still, why have the player suggestion forum if you're not going to acknowledge it's help in the process (and the person who proffered the idea. In addition, there's no way to call up a lost thread to at least offer proof that "Hey, I did suggest this for a number of weeks on the forums" after it bites page 50. So unless someone remembers to back up your claim, you kept screen shots/copies of the thread, or there's some 3rd party archive then you're SOL if some asks for proof.

I remember 3-Hit-U's thread about skill as it was still active when the capes were released. Those were the days where one could post a Suggestion in the Rants Forum to give it more visibility as it wouldn't be bumped off page 50 as fast.

Some of my own suggestions that were implemented

- Remove the 5000 rune refresh during reboots at mage stores (posted in the rants thread and was still active when that happened),

- God Wars Dungeon. The high level suggestion thread where I posted that was still up after the release of GWD so it was easy to prove this. Yeah, it included all the major aspects: Frozen armies of the god wars becoming unfrozen, battling each other and even players, must sneak or fight your way past to the various base camps where Generals and their Lieutenants await. Defeat them numerous times for claim to their armor and even title. I was a bit more evil in that I wanted it in the actual wilderness where other players could also attack you.

- Slayer axe. Mod Craddock loved the idea of a tree that required a slayer level, though I offered as more of a high level item to eventually lead to dark bows.

Suggestions that were popular but not implemented.

- Combo skills: players with 80+ in multiple skills offered abilities to make higher level items. Actually voted top suggestion by other players in the high level thread.

- Assassination: players with agility and attack levels equal or above thieving level for an NPC gets option to "assassinate" for quick kill, plunder and refresh

- Crystal Axe: more of the mechanics in that it degrades when you miss getting a log, making it degrade faster on higher level trees.

- Dwarven Recycle Center: melt down old metals to get reusable bars

- Paid NPCs Runners: May have become the Butler in Construction

Suggestion/rant not popular but at least Andrew commented on it:

- Let Steel and Iron Dragons drop notes instead of bars so players will pick them up. In hindsight, suggesting that metal dragons drop metal scales that a Dwarf NPC would convert to bars for a fee would have been easier to swallow and in keeping with the leather hide types. I only remember this because Andrew said it didn't seem "realistic" for a dragon to drop noted items.

It was much easier for a good idea to stand out from the crowd a few years ago. Now, I don't think there's much that can be offered for a radical change. Unless one is on constantly bumping not many are going to notice it. Those few months though where Mod Craddock actively moderated the High Level Suggestion forum were enjoyable to participate in though. You felt that Jagex was not only listening but utilizing suggestions made by players.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

A lot of my J-Mod friends kept telling me about this one guy who kept bugging them so I suggested a lot of updates to them like armor with strength-boosts to piss the guy off and then they started releasing stuff like that. It was cool.

Here's a few to be on the lookout for what aren't released yet.

New quests.

New armor and weapons.

New dungeoneering updates.

New improvements to older skills.

:thumbup:

Haha that post is :thumbup:-worthy. :grin:

Yes I have submitted several ideas, but given up suggesting them, as they're never looked at by Jagex. When Jagex start to give feedback on the majority of suggestions and actually implement the good ideas with many supporters, only then will I start suggesting things to them again. Otherwise I feel we're suggesting things for no reason.

2vuhgcn.png

I suggested something they implemented into the game, but it was back in '05 and I don't remember what.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Back when everyone was calling for item lending I posted a suggestion that actually turned out to be exactly what we ended up with. I was the first(that I saw) to suggest timers.

I've also suggested a belt slot over and over and over.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Believe it or not, I was the first person to suggest (properly anyhow) that we got a presistent healthbar outside of stats. Going into your stats to check what health you had was downright stupid. My rs name was Cook66 back then.

I also made many more interface related suggestions and I think all of them have been implemented now.

Edit: Not all of them :P I wanted a way to examine players to get a screen with their stats and equipped items, but that didn't happen.

Most of the ideas I have submitted were improvement suggestions to already existing content.

I doubt I were the only one to suggest them but many of them got in the game eventually.

Absolutely no lie/exaggeration here; but I sent them a very long and detailed suggestion in 2006 which was almost exactly implemented into the game. It's called the Grand Exchange..

I had a thread going, for a couple months after the release of Chosen Commander, that opted for the Pendant from the quest to become a nice little cosmetic item that one of the city's goblin's, since they are suppose to be master crafters, could give or sell. The pendant looks wonderful with the Quest Cape; it uses the same blue and grey. Of course, people insisted on stats and I gave it small boosts until they seemed happy, but I insisted in it's cosmetic use.

The thread's been lost to time now. :(

I am nice. . .

I used to post on the official suggestions forum a lot. A few of my ideas (e.g., pizza, more gems an the ability to see which server a friend is on) were actually implemented! Of course, it's unlikely that Jagex made those changes because they saw my posts; chances are that numerous other players have independently come up with the same idea.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I suggested directly to Mod Mark (content lead) that POHs should be able to store the Trouble Brewing costumes. He told me it was a great idea, and it came out a few months later.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Years ago, I suggested bank PINs and other security measures when it was common to log in, and all you heard was people complaining about having all their gold and items stolen. Even had some heated email exchanges with Jagex and cancelled subscription for awhile, did not play for a long time, and when I returned, there was bank PINs.

Some time later, they added Grand Exchange, where you could put for sale hugely expensive items, and no PIN there initially either, so I suggested it again, and this time, it was quickly added.

I did, when I was much younger.

It's alot more embarrassing admitting to it now, rather than all those years ago.

Long ago, before the Dark Bow, I came up with a bow called the 'Demonic Bow' and Arrows that were dropped by a new demon: The Hellfire Demon exclusively. It had two special attacks: Demons Fire and Demons Wrath. Fire did 10+ Damage all the time w/ Bronze-Rune arrows and Wrath did 15+ Damage all the time w/ Demonic Arrows. It came with a crappy little scribbling that looks like I had done it in about 5 minutes.

I didn't.

It took me about an hour+ to design everything :oops:

Now that I think about it, it bears a striking resemblance to Dark Bow. But I highly doubt they used my idea, considering that I also sent the scribble with it... >_<

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I have submitted a bunch of ideas back in my prime years (2003-4). Many of those ideas were from other MMORPGs and none of them have been implemented :(

My most memorable idea was suggesting a "weather system" in RS.

Master814zx.png

I think the polar bear Larry at the Ardy Zoo should have a quick select option if you right click em for penguin point rewards (like Zimberfizz at Soul Wars). I have no idea where to submit it to JageX though.