The shunned skill capes

Bows

Just tell those people: "Congratulations on getting your life dictated by what others think." Does it really matter that much whether some idiots halfway around the world e-respect you or not? More important is your own feelings on it.

Let me clarify with an analogy:

People often attack others for having "no life" or a "sad life" if they don't listen to pop songs/rock/whatever is popular, drawing more people into that group, just to be "accepted" into society/social circles. I find it ridiculous. Why should you have your life dictated by what the majority is doing or what is considered "in" at the moment? Let alone try and attack others about their own opinions/choices of musics. In fact, I think is those people who have no life - they're merely puppets swinging in whichever direction the master (the majority) moves them in.

I mean, it's all right if you genuinely like pop songs/whatever, but if you pretend to "like" them just to be accepted, then that's idiotic. Have your own will, your own mind, seriously. It doesn't matter whether some idiots e-respect you more for doing X than Y.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody, under any circumstances, should be called a noob if they have any 99s.

This is the twisted world of Runescape, in which the word "noob" has lost all of its original meaning. Just consider it a general derogatory comment, as it doesn't really refer to your stats anymore. As the game gets easier and the difficulty curve levels out, more and more immature new-age kids are getting high stats and over-inflated egos as a result.

Anybody lower than them is a noob, anybody higher than them is a nerd.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

when i got 99 fletch, i got it with a close friend of mine.. there were over 30 people at the house party for it. now, that was almost two years ago, and lately to feel like it was still relevant i decided to get 15mil exp. i still <3 my cape although range will be replacing it soon enough

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

It doesn't make you a noob or anything.

Its just that some people, like me, couldn't care less if someone sat at a computer for 10 hours a day and pressed 4 buttons.

Comparing that to something that is harder to get (Slayer, Agility) is simply ignorant. I'd be pretty offended if a Fetching Cape was compared to my 2 99s.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I dont dislike certain skillcape, nor respect them.

I am very different from everyone else, as boring means fun to me. Yes, I like mining. I do it because it is relaxing. Especially when combined with 009 sound system - Dreamscape.

So my opinion is, that do not care what other people think about you. If you like fletching, then do it. Never let anyone alter your preferences. You only know what you truly want and no-one else.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

You like mining, but you've been at level 66 for something like a week now?

:?:

I have not played for a week now. I barely have time for playing. But when I am in, I always mine.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

SOME PEOPLE have things to do other than play the computer all the time. Though you're clearly not in that category.

Just because you like something doesn't mean you can and will do it all the time. Who doesn't like a vacation? But who has the money to go on a vacation every month?

SOME PEOPLE have things to do other than play the computer all the time. Though you're clearly not in that category.

Just because you like something doesn't mean you can and will do it all the time. Who doesn't like a vacation? But who has the money to go on a vacation every month?

I didn't mean it that way, was just puzzled, and meant him no insult, so you can stop treating me like [cabbage] now. Thanks.

PM me for fitocracy invite

It doesn't make you a noob. People are idiots and certain capes just get poked fun at. Fletching, cooking, fm are all easily obtained. Be proud of any 99 you achieve.

Firemaking is off that list much respect to anyone who has that cape

Kingmickez25.png

I didn't mean it that way, was just puzzled, and meant him no insult, so you can stop treating me like [cabbage] now. Thanks.

Well, it sounded like that way.

I really hate it when people want to get a cape because "they must have it".

It's a game people. It's meant for FUN. Although I don't care less if you grind, that's just crossing the line there.

(Since I'm nice and such, I still "gratz" such achievements like 99s, maxed out, etc. I don't "lol no lifer" them.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Whenever players set a group of things on the same platform, the easiest ones to obtain will always end up being "nooby." You shouldn't care what other people think about your achievements, granted as long as you're not trying to show off (which, despite what people think, wearing a skill cape is NOT showing off). If it is an accomplishment to you, it is an accomplishment to you. It's like when you see professional figure skaters who make a [cabbage]-ton of money skating, and people are whining about how they "have no skills." They are doing what they love, and tough [cabbage] if you aren't.

What you don't want is to become this person:

http://nourltobefound.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/1273005252647.png

Linked because of language.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Thought I'd throw in my views on this:

My first 'cape' was the questcape, a cape I still often wear to this day. I did it because I loved quests, they gave me great skill goals to get a good grounding in most skills.

About a year into having the questcape, I decided on getting cooking 99, mostly because it was a skillcape (yes I'l admit to that)

Soon after that, I went for 99 fletching after realising how easy it was training for the cammy diary, but this time I went for the cape for that +4 prayer bonus (best at the time)

A long time after, I started woodcutting casually when I was working, nice and relaxing and a good skill to have a nice level in, so I continued this to 99 quite happily enjoying it and talking to people as I cut too.

More recently, I got 99 farming, something Ive wanted for ages, I love the skill, everything about it is just perfect.

And now im working on 99 prayer, a skill Ive also always loved and found to be incredibly useful. Seems over time ive come to my senses and realised actually how I want to play this game, doing things I enjoy rather than not.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Got to agree with Qeltar. Don't do somethign for others. Do things you like. Certainly don't go for a 99 when you think it's boring and when you just want others to "respect" you when you wear the cape. I hate it when people say "nice cape" when I walk by in a summoning cape or whatever. I got that skill to 99 because I liked it, and because I loved the benefits it gave me, not because of some stupid cape.

Do it for the sake of having the stat and the 99, and the overall experience, not the cape. Not everyone gets 99's just to show off, I agree with OP and if you enjoy the skill, by all means do it. Hell, go get 200M if you like it that much. Don't listen to haters and have them dictate your life because they think it's a "terrible" stat, or "nooby".

What's the difference between fletching and any other buy-able stat? Look at Herblore. Exact same thing, only thing separating the two stats are price range. (Not including uses and what not.)

Anyone who wants to max or have a high overall total or experience will have to do the stat eventually. If not you can look back on them when you have all those "nooby" 99's, and see that they're still the same stats. Who's the noob then?

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

Because its one of the easiest, cheapest 99's. It is worse then having no skill cape.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

You may think it's boring to withdraw items over and over again, but after working 5-6 days a week 8 hours a day, something simple and somewhat relaxing such as fletching is enjoyable to me.

Fine, so do it! You obviously didn't even read what I wrote -- I said it was different if you enjoy it, as opposed to just doing it to get a cape because you think it will get you "respect".

I also have ADHD, which makes it hard for me to concentrate on one task for prolonged periods of time, with Fletching and many thongs within the game, I find it easy to do. A 99 is an accomplishment to me, in the same sense volunteering at a homeless shelter is to you. If that makes sense.

You do it because you find it "easy to do", yet consider it an accomplishment?

Sorry, no, that doesn't make sense.

And even comparing doing something constructive and helpful to blowing hours on mindless repetitive tasks in a video game is pretty bizarre.

You're throwing out a lot of assumptions there Qeltar....

Fletching is a noob 99 because stringing bows is so gay and I hate it.

iluthoBow

Got to agree with Qeltar. Don't do somethign for others. Do things you like. Certainly don't go for a 99 when you think it's boring and when you just want others to "respect" you when you wear the cape. I hate it when people say "nice cape" when I walk by in a summoning cape or whatever. I got that skill to 99 because I liked it, and because I loved the benefits it gave me, not because of some stupid cape.

I'm going for 99 Agility for the cape. That's the only reason, I hate the dang skill. However I'm not getting the cape to impress, but because I love the feeling I get when I do something I didn't want to do, and am done with it. (Like 99 FM ew.) But even if I wanted to get 99 Agility just to show off the cape, who are you to think lowly of me simply because I want a cool cape.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

who are you to think lowly of me simply because I want a cool cape.

anybody can and will think lowly of you for any reason, real or imagined - and there's [bleep] all you can do about it

welcome to the real world

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

It is worse then having no skill cape.

Lol you're ri- no.

Unless you ask the person directly, you have no proof that they didn't cut all the logs themselves and make their own bowstrings and their own runes and alch the bows. 99 fletching could take more effort than smithing potentially. Besides, if they don't go around shouting LOL LUK AT MEH I HAZ LEET SKEELCAHPS LO LOLOL OLOLOLOL, then you have no reason to disrespect them.

Additionally, the stats of the skillcape are very enticing as only one cape is as good as they are statistically, and it is hard to get - the fire cape. Is the ONLY cape in the entire game that surpasses achievement capes, and the obsidian only ties the untrimmed skillcape, being lesser than the trimmed as it doesn't have the +4 prayer bonus.

It's easier and more lucrative to get a skillcape than a fire cape, so why not... only 99k as opposed to the potions and weapons and armor repairs for TzTokJad.

:^_^:

PM me for fitocracy invite

Unless you ask the person directly, you have no proof that they didn't cut all the logs themselves and make their own bowstrings and their own runes and alch the bows.

Fletching doesn't get much respect because there is an easy way to get it, doesn't matter if you did it the hard way.

who are you to think lowly of me simply because I want a cool cape.

Why do people usually think lowly of someone?

2dvjurb.png

Personally I don't really understand why there is a social stigma with some skillcapes just because they're more easily attained than other skillcapes. Any skillcape requires a great deal of patience and commitment to achieve, and anyone who owns a skillcape would remember how they trained away at the skill just to earn the coveted cape. Another thing that you mentioned was that people without skillcapes despising others for owning a "noob" skillcape. Personally I am not really bothered with them; they have not experienced the process of working towards a skillcape, and think it's an easy achievement to attain. They probably will know it when they actually embark on the road to the skillcape of their dreams. And up till now I still remember how I grinded away everyday at my altar just to work at my prayer cape. The memories of the process will probably be with me for some time, but the sense of achievement is there. :)

jslim2.png

funny.png

88 summoning achieved: 26/06/09 :)