The shunned skill capes

Bows

I don't understand why having Fletching my soon-to-be first 99 skill makes me a noob for getting an easy 99. It makes no sense. It's still a 99, regardless. And if getting flamed for it wasn't bad enough, I get flamed by people who don't even have a 99. How is that not being an idiot? You can flame me for actually getting one but yet you don't have one, nor are you close. Don't get me wrong, I know Fletching isn't the most respectabale 99, but it's still a 99 one must get if one plans on maxing; what does it matter if it's the first on that road? I just spent 18M on the supplies for ONLY 95-99. I've dumped probably double or even triple the people that flame me's overall net worth. Yet they get the right to complain that I choose to spend my time getting a nice cape and a satisfying 99? I don't think so. Granted, not everyone is this way, but many of them are. I've had enough, thank God Ardougne North bank is peaceful and quiet, not as many flamers...

[/rant]

I'll Flame you. 99 fletching is noob. Congratulateions on your first cape anyway.

Fools_Taco.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why having Fletching my soon-to-be first 99 skill makes me a noob for getting an easy 99. It makes no sense. It's still a 99, regardless. And if getting flamed for it wasn't bad enough, I get flamed by people who don't even have a 99. How is that not being an idiot? You can flame me for actually getting one but yet you don't have one, nor are you close. Don't get me wrong, I know Fletching isn't the most respectabale 99, but it's still a 99 one must get if one plans on maxing; what does it matter if it's the first on that road? I just spent 18M on the supplies for ONLY 95-99. I've dumped probably double or even triple the people that flame me's overall net worth. Yet they get the right to complain that I choose to spend my time getting a nice cape and a satisfying 99? I don't think so. Granted, not everyone is this way, but many of them are. I've had enough, thank God Ardougne North bank is peaceful and quiet, not as many flamers...

[/rant]

I'll Flame you. 99 fletching is noob. Congratulateions on your first cape anyway.

If you're going to 'flame' me, spell things correctly when you do it.

:mellow:

You can flame perfectly fine without spelling things right, you got his point so that's not the problem.

To bring another question in here, are strength capes shunned or not?

2dvjurb.png

Because its one of the easiest, cheapest 99's. It is worse then having no skill cape.

All 99's require hard work...

And it's ridiculous for you to say that last part. So you're saying anyone who gets 99 fletching is "noob"?

Seriously, just because one 99 is easier does not mean it is "easy" overall. People need to understand this fact.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Unless you ask the person directly, you have no proof that they didn't cut all the logs themselves and make their own bowstrings and their own runes and alch the bows.

Fletching doesn't get much respect because there is an easy way to get it, doesn't matter if you did it the hard way.

Just play the freaking game for your own enjoyment, not for "respect" from some idiots halfway across the continent or even world.

If you feel a sense of accomplishment from getting 99 Fletching, so be it. If you feel it's too "easy", then go try and get another more "challenging" cape then, but don't attack others for their personal opinions.

Unless you ask the person directly, you have no proof that they didn't cut all the logs themselves and make their own bowstrings and their own runes and alch the bows.

Fletching doesn't get much respect because there is an easy way to get it, doesn't matter if you did it the hard way.

Just play the freaking game for your own enjoyment, not for "respect" from some idiots halfway across the continent or even world.

If you feel a sense of accomplishment from getting 99 Fletching, so be it. If you feel it's too "easy", then go try and get another more "challenging" cape then, but don't attack others for their personal opinions.

Oh but I do. I just think people should stop making such a big deal out of 99's, especially the easy ones.

The point is that some people want fletching capes etc to be respected 'because any skillcape is hard and you don't know how they got the 99', yeah well whatever it's pretty weird to have respect for something because it was done slowly on purpose.

And don't start on the 'but it's a 99 it's hard', if you can watch movies and use msn etc while you do it it isn't hard.

2dvjurb.png

Someone asked about the strength cape, here is how I feel about str, and combat 99's in general: a combat 99 is great, they are extremely useful, especially str, because who doesn't like hitting higher? And combat training is harder because it can vary so much in the speed simply due to how high/often you hit. So, I think combat 99's should deserve a bit more, for lack of a better word, respect. (I don't exactly know how to explain the last line without using the word 'respect')

Strength is looked down upon a bit, just because SO FREAKING MANY PURES invade the game and get 99 str with 60 attack and 20 defence so they can duel people with 70 in all 3, with the balanced player easily killing monsters but not pking, and the pure pking easily but can't kill monsters for [cabbage]. (rant on pures over)

All other CB capes are generally well regarded, especially magic and HP as magic is very costly and HP just takes a longer time.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Strength is looked down upon a bit, just because SO FREAKING MANY PURES invade the game and get 99 str with 60 attack and 20 defence so they can duel people with 70 in all 3, with the balanced player easily killing monsters but not pking, and the pure pking easily but can't kill monsters for [cabbage]. (rant on pures over)

All other CB capes are generally well regarded, especially magic and HP as magic is very costly and HP just takes a longer time.

they put more effort into their acc than you, dont whine about them

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

And don't start on the 'but it's a 99 it's hard', if you can watch movies and use msn etc while you do it it isn't hard.

Says the guy without 99 fletching...

And yes I agree that people who only want 99's for the respect are stupid, but some people actually like the skills (like the OP).

Also, LOL multitasking.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

ye generally if i see a trimmed str cape i know their other one is fletching or cooking, honestly even if i did max i wouldnt max fletching or cooking, I'd never wear much less buy the cape unless i was trollin. honestly they don't need a 99 to poke fun at you what if they have 98 or something in every skill or an impressive mining or smithing (which I lack) i'd still take that exp over a fletching or cooking cape, how you managed to spend so much on supplies i cant imagine

cale_erevis.png

Says the guy without 99 fletching...

And yes I agree that people who only want 99's for the respect are stupid, but some people actually like the skills (like the OP).

Also, LOL multitasking.

Oh yeah you can't decide whether a skill is hard or not after only 3m xp, I forgot. Never mind me.

Also, lol watching how logs get turned into bows.

I mean, really.

2dvjurb.png

What is "magnificent" about standing in a bank, withdrawing items, clicking them, and putting other items back in the bank for dozens of hours?

This is the exact problem, IMO: this odd attitude that it's an "accomplishment" just to do something boring for endless hours at a time.

It's isn't. You want an accomplishment? Take all of the time you'd spend getting a cape just to impress other people, and volunteer at a homeless shelter.

It's one thing to do something because you enjoy it; that's what a game is about. It's quite another to do it to show off or because you think it's an "accomplishment". One you head there, you've gone off the rails.

Aww, baby didn't get his nap =(

It's an accomplishment to the person. It's an opinion.

IMO, you need to not be an [wagon] to others =(

top_lel_face.png

What is "magnificent" about standing in a bank, withdrawing items, clicking them, and putting other items back in the bank for dozens of hours?

This is the exact problem, IMO: this odd attitude that it's an "accomplishment" just to do something boring for endless hours at a time.

It's isn't. You want an accomplishment? Take all of the time you'd spend getting a cape just to impress other people, and volunteer at a homeless shelter.

It's one thing to do something because you enjoy it; that's what a game is about. It's quite another to do it to show off or because you think it's an "accomplishment". One you head there, you've gone off the rails.

Aww, baby didn't get his nap =(

It's an accomplishment to the person. It's an opinion.

IMO, you need to not be an [wagon] to others =(

hes pointing out that if your playing an MMO for respect urdoinitwrong.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

[/rant]

If you're going to 'flame' me, spell things correctly when you do it.

i was typing that on my phone dam tiny magic htc screen makes mistakes.

Fools_Taco.png

^^ preach. i hate using my g1 on internet. also, i play runescape for respect. everytime i get a lvl my mommy gives me a lollipop a pat on the back and a little more respekt. i have assburgers so i dont lke hanging out w/ other ppl cuz i smell weird nd pick my nose fml

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

rly hate ppl who pick their nose tbh

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

if it's an accomplishment and people enjoy it why not get 20mill xp? everyone stops at pretty much the last bow, further i dont get how you lost 15mill on 95-99 my friend made money

Didn't lose money, I spent 18M to bank it. Ended up with about 21M.

Grin and bear it. The only people who rag on about cape hierarchy are those with insecurity issues.

I have taken to rotating my capes, wearing one for a week or two and then swapping it for another - without regard to which emote is k00735t or whether the colors match what else I am wearing or whether the cape is "respected" by this misbegotten gaming community at large.

In RSC, people pissed & moaned about how everyone looked alike. So RS2 comes a long, with its panoply of wardrobe options, and people piss & moan about how certain items aren't respected and shouldn't be worn in public. They would have us all go back to wearing the same "respected" items and looking alike all over again.

Puh-leaze.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Congrats on achieving your goal, btw! It is definitely awesome to be able to achieve something you enjoy. :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog