The shunned skill capes

Bows

Strength is looked down upon a bit, just because SO FREAKING MANY PURES invade the game and get 99 str with 60 attack and 20 defence so they can duel people with 70 in all 3, with the balanced player easily killing monsters but not pking, and the pure pking easily but can't kill monsters for [cabbage]. (rant on pures over)

Sounds like somebody got bullied by a pure ROFL. I felt the heartache in this post.

Zerker_jane.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skillcapes are badass-looking cloaks that you can wear if you have level 99 in a skill. That's what they are. If you automatically assume something much more than "That player has 99 fletching" of players because of their capes, you're just being dumb. I have 99 cooking. If you insult my cooking cape because you think I just got it to have an "easy 99" or something, [bleep] you, you're obviously a n00b.

I think the issue is people who have easier capes trying to convince their achievement is as important as harder capes. While everyone should be happy and proud with what they have, its pointless to try for respect if you have a easier cape. You shouldn't be playing for respect anyways.

Fact is there are harder to get capes and easy to get capes. Harder capes WILL get more respect. All capes weren't made equal.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Fact is there are harder to get capes and easy to get capes. Harder capes WILL get more respect. All capes weren't made equal.

beg to differ, some are just more equal than others

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I would love to have any 99, but I would never want my first 99 to be a "buyable." It just gets ripped on because people don't think it's an accomplisment to buy something. They think buying a cape is bad, but buying a useless hat that costs 50x that is fine.

My mom's first cape was Fishing, with that fish she went from 65 to 99 cooking because she never sold any of the fish. She used the spare raw fish to sell and buy logs, then she started WCing. With 2 production skills she got 99 firemaking/fletching/cooking. All buyables, but other than fletching she didn't buy anything, and that fletching was bought because she didn't know what to do with the leftover raws. She's a woman obviously and therefore wears matching sets. You can't imagine the flaming when she wears her cooking/fletching cape.

Just sad noobs being sad.

Did you just say your mom has a cooking cape??? ROFL

OT: [bleep] the flamers, if they have a problem because you have a 99 and they don't/are hating on fletching tell them to get a life/kill themselves

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate when people flame me for having an untrimmed fletching cape... Most of the people that would flame me dont even have a 99 cape. :wall: A 99 is a 99, it take time and dedication to get. Just because a cape isn't viewed as the hardest cape to get, doesnt mean that its a bad thing to get it... Im proud of my 99 and I could care less if a bunch of losers call me a noob for having it...

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I personally think any 99 is a great accomplishment and good luck on getting it!

Don't mind what others say - everyone has to start somewhere and for you it happens to be Fletching :)

Indeed, Fletching was my first 99 and i got before all the "x" stuff, so i did work for it and i enjoyed it. Now look i've got 8 99's and soon to be 2 more. one of which is runecrafting. <-- Dare say i didn't work for that one.. 1 month of solid runecrafting got me 82-90 and then months of graahks got me too 97 nearly 98. I hardly used any runners maybe 4 trips to w36?

[url=http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Scorpiojon][img]http://runetrack.com/sigs/stat/fire/1_male/300/Scorpiojon.png[/img][/url]
[url="http://www.runetrack.com"]Runetrack[/url] <-- Possibly the best XP Tracker out there. Great for clan competitions too.

And if getting flamed for it wasn't bad enough, I get flamed by people who don't even have a 99. How is that not being an idiot? You can flame me for actually getting one but yet you don't have one, nor are you close.

That's when you just laugh at them. ;)

I used to be like you, untrimmed fletching.

Don't worry, you should be proud of it because of the effort you put in. No skill is buyable unless it requires no effort whatsoever. You still fletched those bows or arrows or bolts.

When I see certain combat levels with a trimmed strength cape, I always ask "cook or fletch?" More times then not its either or both. I'm a combat n00b myself so I get mine too for not having a 99 skill, oh and having failed mage. In this game there is always someone, somewhere, who thinks he/she is better than you. I am just as guilty at times in the midst of frustration.

satya1avesta.png

Yea that'd be fun...if I was stupid.

What about a lucky treasure trail, or catching a couple lucky kinglies?

And If you had the money you could easily get cons in a month. Cooking is similar.

Yeah, and Rank 300 in Mobilizing Armies is buyable too. Anyone can just buy that and get it easily.

When I see certain combat levels with a trimmed strength cape, I always ask "cook or fletch?" More times then not its either or both. I'm a combat n00b myself so I get mine too for not having a 99 skill, oh and having failed mage. In this game there is always someone, somewhere, who thinks he/she is better than you. I am just as guilty at times in the midst of frustration.

You could also just wear a...... *trumpets* dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn HP CAPE!

PM me for fitocracy invite

I had no idea this topic was still going, and I'd just like to thank everyone for the replies. :) Keep up the discussion! Making fun of somewhere for getting something they enjoy isn't very smartm, seeing as they won't care what you have to say!

You could also just wear a...... *trumpets* dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn HP CAPE!

All my capes are combat, I have no skills, is what I meant.

satya1avesta.png

Yea that'd be fun...if I was stupid.

:mellow:

You can flame perfectly fine without spelling things right, you got his point so that's not the problem.

To bring another question in here, are strength capes shunned or not?

Being an owner of an untrimmed Strength cape, I can tell you that they are. I'm supposed to "get a real 99", not have a "noob 99". I can't even begin to tell you how many people have told me this and other similar [cabbage].

Popedevourer.png

Don't use ADHD as an excuse for why you're getting 99 fletching and not a harder 99. I have ADHD, i haven't even been medicated for it for 3 years (since I was 18) and my first 99 was agility... before ADV courses.

pandapk2.jpg

What about a lucky treasure trail, or catching a couple lucky kinglies?

And If you had the money you could easily get cons in a month. Cooking is similar.

Only took me about 10 months to get 99 construction lol.

Staurolite.png

But if you start showing off to me, I will start flaming.

This.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

:mellow:

You can flame perfectly fine without spelling things right, you got his point so that's not the problem.

To bring another question in here, are strength capes shunned or not?

Being an owner of an untrimmed Strength cape, I can tell you that they are. I'm supposed to "get a real 99", not have a "noob 99". I can't even begin to tell you how many people have told me this and other similar [cabbage].

This is because half of RS players seem to have a strength cape, and people are tired of seeing overused, overobtained capes - strength, cooking, and fletching.

PM me for fitocracy invite

They are deemend newb by some because they are "buyable" its like sure you can buy your way to them, but it still costs atleast into double digit mils and u gotta make tht money some how before you can buy them!

*Stares at Construction Cape*

Dammit cost heaps and its a noob cape :wall:

On Topic - Fletching was my second 99 and even though not as respectable as agility still a 99. People just are jealous that you have a cape. :---) :^_^:

200812192143.jpg

Proud To Have Once Owned An Untrimmed Agility Cape